PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Film Room: Brandon Boykin Vs 49ers

stillers4me
09-23-2015, 05:33 AM
When it comes to cornerback Brandon Boykin, the Pittsburgh Steelers fan base has seemingly eager anticipated his debut far more than the coaching staff. After the front office acquired him for a conditional fifth-round draft pick during training camp, he has been unable to crack the starting nickel package. Boykin did not log a snap during the season opener in New England, one of just three defensive players that were active out of 23 who did not play on defense..............

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/steelers-film-room-brandon-boykin-vs-49ers/

86WARD
09-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Seems like Boykin may be fitting right in with this unit...hall having a hard time. No doubt that this team needs to acquire two,experienced CBs going forward to 2016...and from the looks of things, it's a good thing they didn't waste money on Byron Maxwell in 2015...

teegre
09-23-2015, 10:26 AM
2016 NFL Draft:

R1: Nate Andrews, FS, Florida St.
R2: Karl Joseph, SS, WVU
R3: CB
R4: (Boykin)
R5: CB

You get the idea...

Rotorhead
09-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Hoping they all can improve again this week. Don't need superstars at this point, I would settle for average and not giving up the big plays. Our pressure is looking like it will get better throughout the season, so that should help.

steelreserve
09-23-2015, 10:46 AM
2016 NFL Draft:

R1: OLB; "It's amazingly rare that a player with his ability fell this far! (again)"
R2: OL
R3: WR
R5: CB who doesn't make the team
R6: DE/OLB project
R7: Obligatory useless fourth TE

You get the idea...

FIFY.

86WARD
09-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Hoping they all can improve again this week. Don't need superstars at this point, I would settle for average and not giving up the big plays. Our pressure is looking like it will get better throughout the season, so that should help.

Don't need superstars, but need competence...

hawaiiansteeler
09-23-2015, 12:26 PM
2016 NFL Draft:

You get the idea...

I likey...:thumbsup:

except it doesn't look like Boykin will see 60% of the defensive snaps this season, so we'll only give up a 5th rounder for him.

teegre
09-23-2015, 03:35 PM
I likey...:thumbsup:

except it doesn't look like Boykin will see 60% of the defensive snaps this season, so we'll only give up a 5th rounder for him.

You're money worth he draft. So, if you like it, then YES!!!

Texasteel
09-23-2015, 03:43 PM
2016 NFL Draft:

You get the idea...

I know your kidding, but the kid I thing I will be pushing this year is Su'a (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061070/sua-cravens) Cravens. If we could possible pick us Andrews in the second round that would be a hell of a start. I know, I know, it's still early.

teegre
09-23-2015, 04:03 PM
I know your kidding, but the kid I thing I will be pushing this year is Su'a (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061070/sua-cravens) Cravens. If we could possible pick us Andrews in the second round that would be a hell of a start. I know, I know, it's still early.

Indeed. I like Cravens, too.

As anyone who has seen me post on message boards knows, I have a "thing" for safeties. Matt Elam, Déone Bucannon... and now, any mixture of the FSU safeties, Karl Joseph, and/or Su'a Cravens woukd make me happy.