PDA

View Full Version : I liked what I saw on D, but..........

TeeTee
09-22-2015, 01:56 PM
....did you see how potent the Jets' D was last night? Holy whoppers, they were so solid. Luck never had any time to throw and if he did manage to get a pass off, the coverage was ridiculously tight.

Of course, NY doesn't have our offense, or anything even close, but their D is brutal. I just couldn't believe how good it was.

Due to our O, we don't need a D that good, but I was blown away by how solid they were. It was quite a sight to behold. Luck was beyond aggravated. He wasn't given a prayer.

Hopefully, that won't be what the Rams' D looks like this week.

Steelman
09-22-2015, 02:00 PM
I watched the Rams-Seahawks game, the Rams have a good defense but it's mostly their defensive line. Their secondary is about average from what I saw. I didn't see their game against the Skins, but obviously they didn't do great in that game either. Even if Bell sucks in his first game back I expect the passing attack to move at will again.

fansince'76
09-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Up-tempo, let Ben continue to call the plays, keep Haley out of it for the most part and there isn't a defense in the league that can stop the Steelers' O.

polamalubeast
09-22-2015, 02:08 PM
It was impressive, Todd Bowles is a very good coach and they improve their secondary in the offseason, but the Colts have no o-line and Luck has big problem for protected the ball.

The Colts were the most overrated team in the offseason.They will probably make the playoffs, but that's because they are in one of the worst division in the history of the NFL.

I would also have liked the steelers lose their last game of the season last year against the Bengals for playing against the Colts in the playoffs, because the ravens are always dangerous in the playoffs and the Colts are soft.

- - - Updated - - -

Up-tempo, let Ben continue to call the plays, keep Haley out of it for the most part and there isn't a defense in the league that can stop the Steelers' O.

I hope the steelers will not change that because they are on the road.

If the o-line is good,Ben is going to have a big day again.

fansince'76
09-22-2015, 02:18 PM
I hope the steelers will not change that because they are on the road.

Yes, unfortunately, I fully expect a return to the status quo with inexplicable and absolutely bonehead play calls like AB losing yardage pretending to be a QB and a damn draw play on 3rd-and-goal from the 5...

Rotorhead
09-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Draw play probably would have worked with Williams in there, not the 3rd stringers!

SteelerFanInStl
09-22-2015, 04:28 PM
I watched the Rams-Seahawks game, the Rams have a good defense but it's mostly their defensive line. Their secondary is about average from what I saw. I didn't see their game against the Skins, but obviously they didn't do great in that game either. Even if Bell sucks in his first game back I expect the passing attack to move at will again.

The Rams also have a very good OLBer in Ogletree and very good safeties in McDonald and McLeod. Barron also plays quite a bit and is a pretty good thumper.

Their CBs are young and are a bit prone to making mistakes. Jenkins has a ton of talent but will bite on a pump fake. They're also missing E.J. Gaines who's out for the year. I've never been very impressed by Trumaine Johnson but he's decent and has good size and speed.

As long as Ben has time to throw, we shouldn't have any problem moving the ball through the air.

TeeTee
09-25-2015, 12:12 PM
As long as Ben has time to throw, we shouldn't have any problem moving the ball through the air.

And that's not a given, considering their talent on the DL.