PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin Has No Intentions Of Easing Le’Veon Bell Back Into Action Against Rams

polamalubeast
09-22-2015, 01:07 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/mike-tomlin-has-no-intentions-of-easing-leveon-bell-back-into-action-against-rams/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

86WARD
09-22-2015, 07:17 PM
Tomlin has never been one to worry about over using a player...lol.

Count Steeler
09-22-2015, 08:38 PM

Just hope he remembers he has a great backup in Williams. Keep Bell fresh for what is hopefully a long season.

86WARD
09-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Just hope he remembers he has a great backup in Williams. Keep Bell fresh for what is hopefully a long season.

That's what I'm afraid of. He does have a great back up. Run Bell. If he breaks, run Williams...

TeeTee
09-23-2015, 01:42 PM

Just one more thing to dislike about him. I hate how he arrogantly (and idiotically?) takes pride in running a player into the ground. That is a jackass move if you ask me.

fansince'76
09-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Bell's different as there really is no weakness to his game. Besides being an excellent running back, he's a stud catching passes out of the backfield and he's practically a sixth (quality) lineman when it comes to pass blocking. Why wouldn't you want him on the field most of the time?

I do agree that Williams has earned and fully deserves 10-15 carries a game, though, and that portion of the load should come down a bit for Bell.

TeeTee
09-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Bell's different as there really is no weakness to his game. Besides being an excellent running back, he's a stud catching passes out of the backfield and he's practically a sixth (quality) lineman when it comes to pass blocking. Why wouldn't you want him on the field most of the time?

I do agree that Williams has earned and fully deserves 10-15 carries a game, though, and that portion of the load should come down a bit for Bell.

We agree. Bell is good at everything and SHOULD be on the field the MAJORITY of the time.But we've seen Cool Shades do this before, with Parker. Remember the "We will run him until his legs fall off" comment by Cool Shades re: Parker? Grinding a back to the nub is not a positive thing to do. Keep your star fresh. When they get tired, that is when they get hurt. DW should get 10 carries a game, while Bell gets a breather. If DW gets barely any touches, Cool Shades needs smacked in the face.

polamalubeast
09-23-2015, 02:15 PM
The Steelers also never had a good backup RB under Tomlin.

The best it was Moore....Now Williams is a very good RB, no reason to overtax Bell.

slippy
09-23-2015, 02:17 PM
when the game is close i want Bell in for every snap. are we going to give AB a breather too? reduce his snaps by ten a game, LOL!

Edman
09-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Just one more thing to dislike about him. I hate how he arrogantly (and idiotically?) takes pride in running a player into the ground. That is a jackass move if you ask me.

Or maybe because our backup RB's since Tomlin has been here been spotty at best that they had to run the nubs off their best player? There was Mewelde Moore, but that was it.

Dookie Davenport was bad.
Jon Dwyer was subpar.
Isaac Redman overachieved, but wasn't a feature guy.
LeGarette Blount quit.
Josh Harris was terrible.

I'll give 'Cool Shades' the benefit of the doubt.

TeeTee
09-23-2015, 03:00 PM
Or maybe because our backup RB's since Tomlin has been here been spotty at best that they had to run the nubs off their best player? There was Mewelde Moore, but that was it.

Dookie Davenport was bad.
Jon Dwyer was subpar.
LeGarette Blount quit.
Josh Harris was terrible.

I'll give 'Cool Shades' the benefit of the doubt.

Is it not part of the head coach's fault that they never have jack shit for #2 RB? How hard is it to find a decent #2 back? Not hard at all. Other teams seem to have 4 deep of decent backs. Why do Tomlin teams have no good back ups? Is it all to be blamed on the GM?

teegre
09-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Yea... let's casually skip over the fact that he has the best RB in the NFL, and instead, let's whine about the #2 RB on the roster. :jerkit:

fansince'76
09-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Suddenness and glide!

Good old Lakelander (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/35514-Ben-is-NOT-complaining-about-the-new-playbook!?p=494639&viewfull=1#post494639)... :chuckle:

86WARD
09-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Suddenness and glide!

Good old Lakelander (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/35514-Ben-is-NOT-complaining-about-the-new-playbook!?p=494639&viewfull=1#post494639)... :chuckle:

Makes my skin crawl everytime...

tube517
09-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Makes my skin crawl everytime...

:lol:

Whenver I see those words outside of this forum, I laugh to myself and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy

86WARD
09-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Lol...where else would you here those words?

teegre
09-24-2015, 07:07 AM
Wait... he was here, too???

"suddenness & glide" was one of two* inside jokes that we used over at Steelers Fever, when discussing running backs. Small world.

*(The other was calling a running back a "thugg"... the second "g" is for :insert joke:.)

fansince'76
09-24-2015, 08:37 AM
Wait... he was here, too???

"suddenness & glide" was one of two* inside jokes that we used over at Steelers Fever, when discussing running backs. Small world.

Nah, the "suddenness and glide" thing started over at SF back in 2009, which was where most of us came from before the board got sold in 2010. That's when we (HTG, X-T and myself) started this board.