PDA

View Full Version : Top grades in the 49er game???

Steeldude
09-21-2015, 04:44 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/steelers-roethlisberger-tuitt-receive-top-pff-grades-for-play-against-49ers/

I understand how Tuitt and Heyward received high grades for the 49er game, but how could they be higher than Shazier?

teegre
09-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Good question.

I'm guessing it is determined by the number of gap assignments made/missed and such. But, I'll be damned if Shazier didn't have the best day of any Steeler.

Craic
09-21-2015, 05:29 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/steelers-roethlisberger-tuitt-receive-top-pff-grades-for-play-against-49ers/

I understand how Tuitt and Heyward received high grades for the 49er game, but how could they be higher than Shazier?

If I remember right, a number of the sacks were also due to Tuitta and Heyward. They'd flush the QB out of the pocket and into the LBs hands. They also blew up quite a few runs that forced the RB into the LBs hands, if I remember right. I was watching in a restaurant, so I'll have to double check.

If that's true, though, then I'd think it's a matter of Tuitt and Heyward getting higher grades because Shazier was sometimes mopping up their disruption, and sometimes causing the disruption himself.

teegre
09-21-2015, 05:39 PM
If I remember right, a number of the sacks were also due to Tuitta and Heyward. They'd flush the QB out of the pocket and into the LBs hands. They also blew up quite a few runs that forced the RB into the LBs hands, if I remember right. I was watching in a restaurant, so I'll have to double check.

If that's true, though, then I'd think it's a matter of Tuitt and Heyward getting higher grades because Shazier was sometimes mopping up their disruption, and sometimes causing the disruption himself.

That sounds right, because I have Heyward & Shazier on my fantasy team... and at one point, Heyward chased Kaepernick right into Shazier's hands. I did not matter which one actually got the sack, because either way, I got the points.

As in:
Yes, Heyward & Tuitt were wreaking havoc.

Steeldude
09-21-2015, 06:22 PM

Shazier did a lot of mopping up. Haha.

I figured it was something along those lines.

Thanks for the input, Craic and Teegre.

hawaiiansteeler
09-21-2015, 08:18 PM

from PFF on Shazier:

— Former Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier (+0.5) was all over the field yesterday as he finished the game with 11 tackles, including 7 run stops, leading to a team-high run defense grade of +3.1. On the other hand however, Shazier had the lowest pass coverage grade (-3.3) from the Steelers as he allowed seven receptions and 50 yards on the eight occasions he was targeted in coverage. While Shazier was often the first to get to the ball carrier among his teammates, he also led the team with three missed tackles.

zulater
09-21-2015, 09:27 PM
PFFis full of shit as often as not.and yes I've cited them when they support me. :lol: But they;'re not nearly as clever as they think. Good example they've rated Heath Miller as an average blocking tight end over the years. The reason being they seem unable or unwilling to distinguish between Heath blocking defensive linemen and linebackers and your average tight end blocking a safety or corner. :doh:

They've also been harsh with their grades on Pouncey. His ability to get to the second level and level lb's and safeties, something most centers are not even asked to do, often after already having taken out a DL also escapes their notice as well.

Take what they say with a huge grain of salt.

86WARD
09-22-2015, 07:11 PM
I've never been a fan of their grades. Seems like when they miss, they miss big on some of these grades.

ALLD
09-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Bottom line is the Steelers won the game. I spend less than 5 seconds annually thinking about FF.

hawaiiansteeler
09-22-2015, 08:16 PM
I've never been a fan of their grades. Seems like when they miss, they miss big on some of these grades.

PFF is reportedly contemplating changing their grading system to a 1-100 scale so it's easier for people to understand...