PDA

View Full Version : Constant mention of missing LeBeau

TeeTee
09-21-2015, 04:16 PM
So many announcers bring up that we are having to face dealing with our D while missing LeBeau.

Some in here have suggested we will/are suffering without Dick.

I say bull shit.

So we struggled vs. Brady and the Pats, who completely demolished a supposed extremely strong Bills' D.

In hindsight, maybe our D didn't do _all that_ bad vs. Pats powerful O, in their house, on prime time.

Yesterday, our D looked at LEAST decent, if not pretty solid.

How is Dick's new team doing on D?

They gave up 28 vs. a pop gun Browns' O with a 2nd year, back up QB.

So, are we missing Dick? I say I doubt it, and by season's end, I bet we are clearly headed in the right direction on D, and TN will be wilting.

So, you commentators (on TV, not you guys), cram that noise. You don't know what you are talking about.

This D is already better than what we fielded all last year. If Dick was still here, we'd have more of the same as last season. No thank you.

Count Steeler
09-21-2015, 04:18 PM
It was time to move on. Maybe even a couple of years ago. Love LeBeau. Love Noll. Time passes all of us by.

Steeldude
09-21-2015, 04:23 PM
The defense looked bad against the Patriots because they didnt look prepared at all. Wasn't it 3 times they had only 10 men on the field? That's poor coaching. The problem is will this re-surface later in the season?

It has nothing to do with Lebeau. The Steelers needed a fresh look on defense. The problem is we don't know if Butler is the answer.

lipps83
09-21-2015, 04:23 PM
If Lebeau was here the Steelers final score yesterday would have been 43-42. The Browns would have been shut out by the Titans yesterday. Manziel is a joke.

ALLD
09-21-2015, 04:31 PM
We need a S and CBs and a coach with discipline. You can see AB and Vince Williams don't need a coach. They have self-respect and play with pride. Others get complacent and some others consider it a job.

86WARD
09-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Don't miss him...for the brief season it's been...it's like he never left...

tube517
09-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Get used to it. They will say it for the next 5 years similar to the Haley vs Ben hate each other articles.

Like 86Ward said, these writers are LAZY. I know they have to have a story but repeating the same mumbo jumbo is tiresome.

Frankly, I would rather read the draft reports or game analysis from our SU writers than the Gazette or Trib articles.

All the network announcers blow so I just turn off the TV audio and listen to Steelers Radio and listen to Tunch bitch at the refs and instant replay :lol:

Edman
09-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Lebeau is not the DC in Tennessee. Ray Horton is, but the Titans D looked no different than the Steelers D last year.

Heres what would've happened if Lebeau was still the DC...

-A broken down Troy Polamalu would still be here, ineffective and flailing, and getting stonewalled on blitzes.
-Ike Taylor would still be here too, getting burnt or getting called for DPI.
-The Steelers and 49ers would be locked in a shootout. Instead of 43-18, it would be something like 35-31.
-The Front 7 plays paddy cake instead of attacking, giving Krappernick all day to throw, Vernon Davis has a career day and Carlos Hyde runs wild.
-Or Worse: The Steelers quickly blow the 29-3 Lead and lose the game. You know Torrey Smith's 75 yarder yesterday in garbage time? Imagine those defensive breakdowns happening every 49ers drive yesterday.

Lebeau's D had it's time, but even without the inevitable age and break down of our players, the weaknesses were exposed and were exposed for years now. Lebeau's Defense was designed and forced offenses and QB's to be patient, well NFL offenses adapted to it. Everything is quick tempo passing now. Instead of being torn apart by the elite Quarterbacks, any old Average QB could beat it now.

It's no slight against Lebeau. It's the nature of the NFL. Things shift and trend all the time. Right now, the trend of modern NFL offenses puts the Lebeau D at a huge disadvantage. You either adapt or fall in the dust. Lebeau didn't adapt.

teegre
09-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Announcers need to fill 3 hours.

Hence, they will discuss just about anything remotely related to either team.

Mojouw
09-21-2015, 05:35 PM
I am not saying that it wasn't time for Lebeau to go. But everyone who is saying it would have been a disaster if he stayed, needs to rewatch that game from yesterday. The defense used and applied core concepts of Lebeau's scheme to great success.

Other than not freelancing one of his safeties (he seems to be allowing a certain linebacker to do that a bit...) Butler is not straying to far from Leabeau's basic principles.

TeeTee
09-21-2015, 06:12 PM
The defense looked bad against the Patriots because they didnt look prepared at all. Wasn't it 3 times they had only 10 men on the field? That's poor coaching. The problem is will this re-surface later in the season?

It has nothing to do with Lebeau. The Steelers needed a fresh look on defense. The problem is we don't know if Butler is the answer.

We don't know, Steeler Dude, but after yesterday, I saw progress. With that many young players, you expect to develop and grow as you go; if not, then you don't have the right coaches. Like I said, looking like a colondar vs. NE is no indictment. I believe the Bills will indeed have one of the best Ds in the NFL this year, and they got shredded bad. I am a little more confident after yesterday that we could be on the right track. I am not saying we are rock solid now, but as long as we improve, I am OK with not being perfect. We took a big jump from week to week 2. Is it a fluke. We will find out.

TeeTee
09-21-2015, 06:24 PM
I am not saying that it wasn't time for Lebeau to go. But everyone who is saying it would have been a disaster if he stayed, needs to rewatch that game from yesterday. The defense used and applied core concepts of Lebeau's scheme to great success.

Other than not freelancing one of his safeties (he seems to be allowing a certain linebacker to do that a bit...) Butler is not straying to far from Leabeau's basic principles.

Most of us weren't claiming the entire system needed junked 100%. Most thought the way DL was running it needed tweaked, i.e. the cross blitzing ILBs that no longer fooled anyone, or the ever-present CBs lined up 8 yards off of WRs even when they are on the 2 yard line.

- - - Updated - - -

Announcers need to fill 3 hours.

Hence, they will discuss just about anything remotely related to either team.

We could sit in a bar for 3 hours and not run out of things to discuss just about the Steelers alone. Most commentators are lazy, like in most lines of work. It is the rare few that actually have insightful and interesting observations.