PDA

View Full Version : Suddenness and glide :)

GoSlash27
09-03-2010, 04:31 AM
How 'bout that Redman guy?
2010 preseason
13 carries 80 yards 6.2 avg and 1 TD. There's your 3rd down back.

BuddhaBus
09-03-2010, 04:36 AM
NO DOUBT he makes it this year. Do you think Dwyer does too?

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2010, 04:37 AM
He could well be the man for the job you are talking about.

Mendenhall, Moore, Redman and Dwyer looks likes a good quartet.

The 4 Horseman that the steelers will ride with until the gun slinger comes back into town

LLT
09-03-2010, 04:48 AM
He could well be the man for the job you are talking about.

Mendenhall, Moore, Redman and Dwyer looks likes a good quartet.

The 4 Horseman that the steelers will ride with until the gun slinger comes back into town

I think you are right on the money...Vincent and Summers are cut...but Summers may be retained on the PS.

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Summers has shown that he is a fullback that doesnt get carries and that he cant pick up a block.

I guess they just like his nickname..........what else is there to like???

GoSlash27
09-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Dwyer came out of the gate slow, but really showed his stuff towards the end.
I'm thinkin' we'll start Mendy and Redman in that weird fullback formation they've been showing and use Dwyer as the relief back.

Dwyer's stats: 33 attempts 175 yards. 5.3 avg and 1 TD.
Mendy: 18 attempts 61 yards. 3.4 Avg 0 TDs.
MeMo: 14 attempts 57 yards. 4.1 Avg 0 TDs.

Of course, the situationals are different for each of them.

SteelerSal
09-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Man, I'd like to see Redman get a handful of carries each game spelling Mendy. The guy can move a pile and demoralize a tired defense.
As for Dwyer, I liked what I saw in the last two preseason games even if it was against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

GoSlash27
09-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Man, I'd like to see Redman get a handful of carries each game spelling Mendy. The guy can move a pile and demoralize a tired defense.
As for Dwyer, I liked what I saw in the last two preseason games even if it was against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

Power ball, the way the football Gods intended! :D
Do we cut MeMo, or keep MeMo and put Dwyer on the practice squad? I think MeMo's expendable now that we have 2 power backs available.

Butch
09-03-2010, 06:36 AM

Right on the money. I wasn't impressed at all with Dwyer until the last few games, but if he can run like that against starters we could have something very special.

43Hitman
09-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Do we cut MeMo, or keep MeMo and put Dwyer on the practice squad? I think MeMo's expendable now that we have 2 power backs available.

Honestly I don't think there is any chance in Memo getting cut. He's just too valuable to this team, he can do everything. Logan is the one that will be cut. We'll use Brown on KR/PR and keep Dwyer cut, Vincent and put Summers on the PS. Dwyer would never clear waivers.

Steeldude
09-03-2010, 08:08 AM

they aren't going to cut moore. i am not sold on dwyer.

the RBs needs to lose the spin moves. it rarely helps the RB while making it easier on the defense to stop forward momentum and/or strip the ball.

hotrodder07
09-03-2010, 08:43 AM
they aren't going to cut moore. i am not sold on dwyer.

the RBs needs to lose the spin moves. it rarely helps the RB while making it easier on the defense to stop forward momentum and/or strip the ball.

Same here. He did look impressive the last two games, but you must take into account who he was playing against. 3rd and 4th stringers. He might make the team, but I'm not so sure. I could see Frank Summers beating him out for a position, even if he showed very little this preseason.

Psycho Ward 86
09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Or maybe our backfield will be Mendenhall, Moore, Redman, and Dwyer? Redman got plenty of looks as a lead blocker. Maybe he'll be our version of Earnest Graham!

BuddhaBus
09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Honestly I don't think there is any chance in Memo getting cut. He's just too valuable to this team, he can do everything. Logan is the one that will be cut. We'll use Brown on KR/PR and keep Dwyer cut, Vincent and put Summers on the PS. Dwyer would never clear waivers.

Agreed. I'm going to be sorry to see Logan go (especially since I felt we'd regret cutting him), and I still feel he's a great kick returner, but with Brown looking so good we need to make some room and Logan is just not versatile enough. Thanks and good luck, Stefan!

The Duke
09-03-2010, 11:43 AM

No back is expendable for the first 4 games of the season. I like what we have, but gotta wonder if Dwyer will be deactivated for most games. He's more like our emergency runningback

Maybe he'll be our version of Earnest Graham!

You know, I've been thinkin about that too. And funny thing is, Graham is my favorite non steelers player in the NFL right now. He's the definition of a team player. Hopefully redman can be half as good

summers has never impressed me in the NFL. But PS seems good for him

SteelerSal
09-03-2010, 11:48 AM
The title of this thread reminds me of a SHART or as I called it back in the day, a G&L Fart (Gambled and Lost)...sorry. :lol::focus:

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 11:54 AM

They call those kinds of guys "Pile Drivers"...

kmsteelerwr15
09-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I love the possibilities we have in the backfield and I have to agree that Dwyer is going to make the team as well.

steelpride12
09-03-2010, 02:23 PM
We have an excellent problem this year at RB and I love it. I mean we got our every down back Mendy who we know can win us games, and now the emerging of Redman who has been a beast, punishing defenses and breaking tackles, MeMo is a great third down back who can do anything we ask of him, and Dywer came out the gates slow, but now showing what he's got!

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I still think the Steelers are gonna try and keep a FB. Maybe Redman can glide into a FB role with suddeness?

solardave
09-03-2010, 03:40 PM
How 'bout that Redman guy?
2010 preseason
13 carries 80 yards 6.2 avg and 1 TD. There's your 3rd down back.
Third down hell,he may be our next Jerome Bettis.

SteelGhost
09-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Now that Vincent was cut, Dwyer chances to make the 53 men roster are higher. What a backfield :thumbsup:

tube517
09-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I wonder if they keep David Johnson and cut Summers, since McHugh was cut.

KyleJDavison
09-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I wonder if they keep David Johnson and cut Summers, since McHugh was cut.

I think you may be on to something there. I mean they have used Johnson as a FB, so why not keep Mendy, MeMo, Redman, and Dwyer, and mix it up using Johnson and Redman at FB.