PDA

View Full Version : It's time to give out some love

TeeTee
09-21-2015, 01:40 PM
OK, let's get to the obvious first.

1. Brown. I mean, is there ever a game that goes by where you don't find yourself saying "wow" aloud from something he does? I have run out of superlatives for this guy. Really. Everyone has. He honestly appears as a player in a video game because it doesn't seem human for a 5-10 guy to do what he does. Thank God they found a way to drop another 2 million in his bank account this year. To not do so would be a horrible shame.

2. Ben. Cherish this man now. We have never seen a QB this good donning the black and gold before (Yes, he is better than Bradshaw ever was) and we most likely will never see one as good moving forward. He is masterful. He can make every throw. And his deep balls are a thing of beauty. Honestly, if they kept the gas pedal floored, they could have scored in the 60's. They dropped 43 and that was with taking big chunks of periods going conservative.

3. Shazier. It's only one game that counts, but he was what we (us and team) all hope he would be: Troy at ILB. He was all over, hyper quick, just disrupting so many plays. They say Pgh drafts with home runs in mind, while Balt. just goes for doubles. In other words, they go for more the sure thing instead of swinging for the fence. Both philosophies can work. Mosley was the safer pick, and he proved so, making the pro bowl his rookie year. But, when homeruns pan out, they are obviously more sensational. If Shaz can stay relatively healthy, it's now looking like that big swing will pay off.

4. Heyward. We've been waiting, but he has arrived. He was one of the leaders out there, setting a tone. Tuitt is coming along as well. I think it's safe to say these were good picks.

5. Gay. I don't know why so few appreciate this guy. Yea, he's short. But so what? Not only does he cover tightly the vast majority of the time, but the little guy ain't shy to hit people either. Since his first few seasons, he has done nothing but offer solid play. Thank God they had the foresight to bring him back from AZ.

6. D. Williams. Even after Bell comes back, DW will play an integral role for this team. He has offered more than I thought he would. Making him drop 15 lbs was key to him stepping up his production. Imagine what we will have with both him and Bell taking reps. Teams are going to be real tired of trying to handle them.

7. The entire OL. They opened holes and kept Ben clean all day long. I forget we were missing Pouncey, they played so well.

8. Boykin. I only saw him on the one play were he broke up the TD pass. Get him on the field more. He is good. He will only make us better.

Honorable mention: Wheaton, Miller, H-Bey, Blake, Mitchell.

Count Steeler
09-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Cumba ya, my Lord, cumba ya.

Yes, the grass is particularly green today. The sky is a vibrant blue. Most of the headaches of the day have passed because, the Steelers, yes the mighty Steelers did not strike out.

We are not as bad as we played last week, and I would normally say we are not as good as we played yesterday (especially on offense). But we can be this good every week on offense and we get Bell this week and Bryant in 3 weeks. That is scary. The only ones to stop us is ourselves. Via: Stupid play calls. Stubborn personnel decisions. Injuries.

Keep the game plan simple and execute, execute, execute. 5 for 5 in the red zone because they went in there and played and executed. No personnel changes, no hanky panky. Line up and play.

polamalubeast
09-21-2015, 01:54 PM
I would not be surprised to see Antonio Brown breaking the record for yards and catch this year....He is so good!

ALLD
09-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Nobody tried to get cute and outsmart themselves. Keep it simple, stupid.

Steelman
09-21-2015, 02:10 PM
Cumba ya, my Lord, cumba ya.

Yes, the grass is particularly green today. The sky is a vibrant blue. Most of the headaches of the day have passed because, the Steelers, yes the mighty Steelers did not strike out.

We are not as bad as we played last week, and I would normally say we are not as good as we played yesterday (especially on offense). But we can be this good every week on offense and we get Bell this week and Bryant in 3 weeks. That is scary. The only ones to stop us is ourselves. Via: Stupid play calls. Stubborn personnel decisions. Injuries.

Keep the game plan simple and execute, execute, execute. 5 for 5 in the red zone because they went in there and played and executed. No personnel changes, no hanky panky. Line up and play.

Yes, yes and yes.

...no hanky panky. Line up and play.

Especially this.

I expect us to magically forget everything we learned this week in the near future, for possibly even several games, but this is the game we should be able to come back to for the rest of the season and say, "This is what worked. Let's get back to it."

fansince'76
09-21-2015, 02:12 PM

1. Brown. I mean, is there ever a game that goes by where you don't find yourself saying "wow" aloud from something he does? I have run out of superlatives for this guy. Really. Everyone has. He honestly appears as a player in a video game because it doesn't seem human for a 5-10 guy to do what he does. Thank God they found a way to drop another 2 million in his bank account this year. To not do so would be a horrible shame.

2. Ben. Cherish this man now. We have never seen a QB this good donning the black and gold before (Yes, he is better than Bradshaw ever was) and we most likely will never see one as good moving forward. He is masterful. He can make every throw. And his deep balls are a thing of beauty. Honestly, if they kept the gas pedal floored, they could have scored in the 60's. They dropped 43 and that was with taking big chunks of periods going conservative.

3. Shazier. It's only one game that counts, but he was what we (us and team) all hope he would be: Troy at ILB. He was all over, hyper quick, just disrupting so many plays. They say Pgh drafts with home runs in mind, while Balt. just goes for doubles. In other words, they go for more the sure thing instead of swinging for the fence. Both philosophies can work. Mosley was the safer pick, and he proved so, making the pro bowl his rookie year. But, when homeruns pan out, they are obviously more sensational. If Shaz can stay relatively healthy, it's now looking like that big swing will pay off.

4. Heyward. We've been waiting, but he has arrived. He was one of the leaders out there, setting a tone. Tuitt is coming along as well. I think it's safe to say these were good picks.

5. Gay. I don't know why so few appreciate this guy. Yea, he's short. But so what? Not only does he cover tightly the vast majority of the time, but the little guy ain't shy to hit people either. Since his first few seasons, he has done nothing but offer solid play. Thank God they had the foresight to bring him back from AZ.

6. D. Williams. Even after Bell comes back, DW will play an integral role for this team. He has offered more than I thought he would. Making him drop 15 lbs was key to him stepping up his production. Imagine what we will have with both him and Bell taking reps. Teams are going to be real tired of trying to handle them.

7. The entire OL. They opened holes and kept Ben clean all day long. I forget we were missing Pouncey, they played so well.

8. Boykin. I only saw him on the one play were he broke up the TD pass. Get him on the field more. He is good. He will only make us better.

Can't disagree with any of these points. :applaudit:

TeeTee
09-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Yes, yes and yes.

Especially this.

I expect us to magically forget everything we learned this week in the near future, for possible even several games, but this is the game we should be able to come back to for the rest of the season and say, "This is what worked. Let's get back to it."

"Ding, ding, ding, ding."

teegre
09-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Especially this.

I expect us to magically forget everything we learned this week in the near future, for possible even several games, but this is the game we should be able to come back to for the rest of the season and say, "This is what worked. Let's get back to it."

In my completely optimistic view, week one was the wake-up call that the offense needed. It was a reminder: don't get cute, just beat the man across from you.

Because, for once, the talent-level on offense is indeed that good. They do not need gadget plays or anything. I rememebr the Cowboys of the 90s had something like 7 running plays; they just executed those plays so well, that no one could stop them.

AB is always going to be better than any CB covering him. Bryant will beat almost all of the #2 CBs, and Wheaton is better than 85% of the nickel backs in the league. Likewise, Bell is is better than the ILB shadowing him. Last but not least, putting the ball in BB's hand is always the best option.

Line up.
Execute.
And, allow your superior talent-level to win the games.

TeeTee
09-21-2015, 06:30 PM
In my completely optimistic view, week one was the wake-up call that the offense needed. It was a reminder: don't get cute, just beat the man across from you.

Because, for once, the talent-level on offense is indeed that good. They do not need gadget plays or anything. I rememebr the Cowboys of the 90s had something like 7 running plays; they just executed those plays so well, that no one could stop them.

AB is always going to be better than any CB covering him. Bryant will beat almost all of the #2 CBs, and Wheaton is better than 85% of the nickel backs in the league. Likewise, Bell is is better than the ILB shadowing him. Last but not least, putting the ball in BB's hand is always the best option.

Line up.
Execute.
And, allow your superior talent-level to win the games.

One point I'd like to toss in there: All of those match ups are in our favor because we have #7 tossing them the rock. Just look how he and Brown work with each other. Just soak in how accurate most of Ben's throws are. Or the fact that another QB wouldn't buy the time or see the field to know when to put the ball where. It's a colossal factor.

stillers4me
09-21-2015, 07:06 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12032149_10207335856545486_3072249249979019534_n.j pg?oh=4c49ed28b6563aba9d7497c0391d71a5&oe=569BDF7A

fansince'76
09-21-2015, 07:08 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12032149_10207335856545486_3072249249979019534_n.j pg?oh=4c49ed28b6563aba9d7497c0391d71a5&oe=569BDF7A

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edman
09-21-2015, 07:36 PM
That's the nature of the Steelers. Especially the last two years. Good enough to beat anyone, but also very much capable of losing to anyone.

The only thing that can stop them is them. Red Zone problems (And Lack of a viable backup RB) killed them against the Ratbirds in the playoffs, and it killed them again against the Pats.

There was nothing New England did special to beat the Steelers in Week 1. The Steelers did everything possible to hand them that game by imploding at critical moments.

I hope the Steelers can keep up their mojo for the next 15 weeks and set up a January rematch with those assholes, but that is a ways away. They need to take care of St. Louis next week.

fansince'76
09-21-2015, 07:42 PM
There was nothing New England did special to beat the Steelers in Week 1. The Steelers did everything possible to hand them that game by imploding at critical moments.

This. They've usually stomped us a new asshole when we've played them in Foxboro, but the opening game had a completely different dynamic. Very winnable game if we wouldn't have gotten cute with the playcalling and just shoved the ball down their throats.

Psycho Ward 86
09-21-2015, 08:00 PM

So in other words, we should be expecting dual fullback formations in the redzone and double reverse WR pass attempts by Antonio Brown in the future

Edman
09-21-2015, 08:09 PM
This. They've usually stomped us a new asshole when we've played them in Foxboro, but the opening game had a completely different dynamic. Very winnable game if we wouldn't have gotten cute with the playcalling and just shoved the ball down their throats.

Exactly. Usually, not only were the Steelers D be unable to stop Brady, but New England would shut down the Offense, too. Vince Wilfork and that Pats D-Line would tear the Steelers then-mediocre O-Line a new one.

That's an underrated dynamic in the Steelers vs the Patriots. Ben and the Offense would have a difficult time generating any offense against the Pats D.

The Steelers moved the ball AT WILL against the Pats (464 yards of offense), but just couldn't get points.

The Pats Defense is terrible, and it's going to bite them eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if teams start hanging 30+ on them each and every week. Shoot. Tyrod Taylor did.

CapLovesTroyP43
09-21-2015, 08:23 PM

I cannot disagree either! Well said. A great post indeed.

teegre
09-21-2015, 10:00 PM
One point I'd like to toss in there: All of those match ups are in our favor because we have #7 tossing them the rock. Just look how he and Brown work with each other. Just soak in how accurate most of Ben's throws are. Or the fact that another QB wouldn't buy the time or see the field to know when to put the ball where. It's a colossal factor.

Absolutely. I want the ball in his hands (or handing off to Bell). Simply, BB is the most important offensive weapon. As he goes, the team goes.

tube517
09-21-2015, 11:46 PM
So in other words, we should be expecting dual fullback formations in the redzone and double reverse WR pass attempts by Antonio Brown as well as bubble screens and draw plays to the pipsqueak fake RB Archer

Fixed