PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger called ‘almost every single play’ against 49ers

polamalubeast
09-21-2015, 05:59 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback relishes in calling the offensive plays, which he did in Sunday’s 43-18 blowout victory against the 49ers.

“Things clicked today. We did some really good things, threw the ball, ran the ball and scored in the red zone,” said Big Ben. “Mostly disappointed about coming out in the second half and we had two screens that we felt could have been big plays, but weren’t. We had to punt and then we had the ball backed up. To me, it’s frustrating because when we have a punt, we would rather just keep going and give our defense a break. We want to possess the ball and work the ball down the field.

“I was calling almost every single play and we were moving so fast and that’s credit to our guys and the conditioning. We didn’t possess the ball very long tonight, but we put up the points.”

Roethlisberger went 21-of-27 for 369 yards and three touchdowns. He hit Antonio Brown, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Heath Miller for scores.

“I wish that everybody could get touchdowns,” said Roethlisberger. “I wish that everybody could catch for 100 yards, which is hard to do, but you try to include everybody. It’s not necessarily something I’m always trying to do, but you’re calling plays because you see guys and see things and guys have to be ready when their numbers are called. And that’s why I’m proud because everyone was ready when their number was called.”

read more

http://sportsglory.com/nfl/steelers/ben-roethlisberger-called-almost-every-single-play-against-49ers/47466

zulater
09-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Now that Ben's made this public let's hope that Haley's ego doesn't get out of check and he doesn't wrestle control of the offense from Ben.

Butch
09-21-2015, 07:06 AM
Nice I hope this will be the case the rest of the year, as this is a chance for him to prove to all the doubters just how good Ben really is.

"In Ben We Trust"

Shoes
09-21-2015, 07:39 AM
Now that Ben's made this public let's hope that Haley's ego doesn't get out of check and he doesn't wrestle control of the offense from Ben.

We know Ben calls the plays better than Haley, I just don't see any fruitful outcome by Ben publicly saying stuff like this. Its just not necessary.

Steelman
09-21-2015, 08:38 AM
So did Ben call all of those screen passes? :scratchchin:

TD's & Beer
09-21-2015, 08:51 AM
Go Ben! A 40 burger every week would be sweet.

Bluecoat96
09-21-2015, 09:01 AM
Good lord....much ado about nothing. We have no idea how much Ben and Haley communicated throughout the game about playcalling or didn't. Also, we have no clue as to what went on throughout the week as far as what the gameplan was. For all we know, Ben and Haley could have set it up that Ben had multiple plays to choose from, with Ben making the ultimate decision at the line based on what he saw. He should have that freedom. He's a franchise QB , and 12 year vet who will be more than likely on his way to Canton when it's all said and done. He should be able to call most of the plays as he sees fit. I get so frustrated at the media and message boards trying to make this into something, when it clearly is not.

Aargh.....

tube517
09-21-2015, 09:22 AM
Good lord....much ado about nothing. We have no idea how much Ben and Haley communicated throughout the game about playcalling or didn't. Also, we have no clue as to what went on throughout the week as far as what the gameplan was. For all we know, Ben and Haley could have set it up that Ben had multiple plays to choose from, with Ben making the ultimate decision at the line based on what he saw. He should have that freedom. He's a franchise QB , and 12 year vet who will be more than likely on his way to Canton when it's all said and done. He should be able to call most of the plays as he sees fit. I get so frustrated at the media and message boards trying to make this into something, when it clearly is not.

Aargh.....

Your post makes too much sense.

We need to read the 3 year old narrative that Ben and Haley hate each other's guts and fight MMA style every day during practice. :pop2::boxing::chuckle:

fansince'76
09-21-2015, 09:29 AM
We need to read the 3 year old narrative that Ben and Haley hate each other's guts and fight MMA style every day during practice. :pop2::boxing::chuckle:

Ben's such a drama queen. :chuckle:

Bluecoat96
09-21-2015, 10:05 AM
If only Haley had tits, then maybe Ben would like him.

86WARD
09-21-2015, 07:54 PM
Could save some salary not having an OC...

hawaiiansteeler
09-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Could save some salary not having an OC...

absolutely, we obviously don't need one.

FIRE HALEY!!!

ALLD
09-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Let them play football instead of worrying about choreography. When it takes them a while to get going it's because of all the scripted plays. Instead, go to situational football and take what the defense gives you. Just when they think we are boxed in with the short game, go long. All the bizarre trick plays and fancy shifts don't mean anything if it also confuses or bogs down the offense.

fansince'76
09-21-2015, 08:21 PM
If only Haley had tits, then maybe Ben would like him.

There's a blast from the past! :rofl2:

Bluecoat96
09-21-2015, 08:23 PM
There's a blast from the past! :rofl2:
Can you believe it's been about 10 years since Jeremy said that?

Craic
09-21-2015, 09:51 PM
To me, it’s frustrating because when we have a punt, we would rather just keep going and give our defense a break. We want to possess the ball and work the ball down the field.

“I was calling almost every single play and we were moving so fast and that’s credit to our guys and the conditioning. We didn’t possess the ball very long tonight, but we put up the points.”

Talk about stirring the crap. Let's improperly quote to create clickbate, shall we? Put the quote back into context and it takes on a whole new meaning.

Things clicked tonight. We threw the ball, we ran the ball, we scored in the red zone. I'm mostly disappointed about how we came out in the second half [stutters a moment]. We had two screens we thought could have been big plays and weren't, then we had to punt. Then we get the ball backed up; we run two plays and, to me it's frustrating because we had to punt and we'd rather keep going and give our defense a break. Um, we want to possess the ball, we want to work the ball down the field but what was working tonight was the up tempo-no huddle; I mean, I was calling almost every single play, we were just moving so fast and that's a credit to our guys, the condition. We didn't possess the ball very long but we put up points.

In context, he's speaking about his frustration that they came out flat. Two plays didn't work when they thought they would, and then they were backed up at their own goal line. In light of that, he's frustrated because "we want to possess the ball, we want to work the ball down the field." Then he moves to how they were doing it and using the no huddle. To highlight how much they were using it, he said he called almost every single play.

Seriously. I hate reporters sometimes.

fansince'76
09-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Can you believe it's been about 10 years since Jeremy said that?

Yep, and it's STILL funny. "Saint Ben, Godsend." :lol:

polamalubeast
09-22-2015, 01:09 PM

fansince'76
09-22-2015, 01:46 PM

Game manager. :chuckle:

tube517
09-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Game manager. :chuckle:

:lol: Beat me to it.

ALLD
09-22-2015, 05:40 PM
What about Eli Manning?

HollywoodSteel
09-22-2015, 07:16 PM
What about Eli Manning?

About 22 Fantasy points. Only number I look at for Eli. :)

B&GFever
09-23-2015, 04:56 PM
in fairness I heard that interview , what they left out was Ben said those things about when they where in the two min. drills and hurry up ....

but hey never let the facts get in the way of a good controversy

86WARD
09-23-2015, 09:49 PM
When your in the media, it's all about the spin...