PDA

View Full Version : Restructured first-team defense plays well

LLT
09-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Restructured first-team defense plays well
By Mark Kaboly, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, September 3, 2010

Four days after picking up two personal foul penalties that ultimately resulted in him being benched and then demoted to third string, cornerback Keenan Lewis responded during Thursday's preseason finale against Carolina in impressive fashion.

"I think I did well," Lewis said. "No catches against me. I made like two mistakes that I know I can fix. I just went out there confident."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697793.html

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Well it looks like he has more "bounce back" than Anthony Smith ever had.

Without seeing the game it sounds like he has taken a positive first step and may earn his way out of Tomlins doghouse

Galax Steeler
09-03-2010, 03:56 AM
I think he had a very good game along with Buttler. There is going to be some hard decisions coming up this weekend when the cuts are finalized.

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Smokin Joe Burnett could be the odd man out at CB. Not sure if he will make it to the PS. I think Butler has earnt a spot with his solid play

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Gonna be some tough decisions... so many good players this go around. I HOPE Tomlin chooses wisely !

Hindes204
09-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Gonna be some tough decisions... so many good players this go around. I HOPE Tomlin chooses wisely !

Having this problem is a good thing. Having to make hard decisions means we have an abundance of talented players

Steeldude
09-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Having this problem is a good thing. Having to make hard decisions means we have an abundance of talented players

or an abundance of average to poor players :huh: i don't really see anything on the O-line screaming talent. pouncey seems to be talented, but you can't base that off of pre-season.

just remember, the steelers CBs taylor, mcfadden and gay were statistically the 3 most burned DBs in the NFL last year. thankfully polamalu is back.

wallace looks to be primed for a better season. ward is nearing his end.

i hope mendenhall plays with more of a physical style rather than a don't-touch-me style.

the LB corps is good. maybe getting a little old with farrior, but the steelers probably have the best LBs corps in the NFL or at least top 3.

as for the O-line...ugh. essex doesn't look so good and neither does adams. kemo still looks lost at times. starks is ok. i hope one of 2009's backups steps forward. i think it's going to be a long season with this O-line.

BuddhaBus
09-03-2010, 03:18 PM
or an abundance of average to poor players :huh: i don't really see anything on the O-line screaming talent. pouncey seems to be talented, but you can't base that off of pre-season.

just remember, the steelers CBs taylor, mcfadden and gay were statistically the 3 most burned DBs in the NFL last year. thankfully polamalu is back.

wallace looks to be primed for a better season. ward is nearing his end.

i hope mendenhall plays with more of a physical style rather than a don't-touch-me style.

the LB corps is good. maybe getting a little old with farrior, but the steelers probably have the best LBs corps in the NFL or at least top 3.

as for the O-line...ugh. essex doesn't look so good and neither does adams. kemo still looks lost at times. starks is ok. i hope one of 2009's backups steps forward. i think it's going to be a long season with this O-line.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Except for Pouncey, no bright spots on the O-line at all yet. I'd like to see Hills or Legursky step it up and find a way to steal a spot. Not sure what's up with Urbik yet. Doesn't seem to be turning any heads.

solardave
09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Urbik is the forgotten man it seems. I've never been wild about Starks (I think he is too slow) and now it seems like we have his twin brother on the other side. The only difference is Adams jumps a lot causing us even more headaches. I just hope these guys can run block because I think we're going to need to pound it a lot.