PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Haley takes heat for failed gadget play

stillers4me
09-18-2015, 05:36 AM
Speaking with the media for the first time since the Steelers' loss at New England last week, Todd Haley didn't wait for a question about the failed gadget play that stalled the team's season-opening possession.

Responding to an unrelated initial inquiry, Haley referred to the Antonio Brown end-around pass as, “a bad call.”

“I will take that as a bad call,” Haley repeated. “When they don't work, they are bad.”

Haley said the call, which came on the sixth snap of the game after the Steelers had marched 56 yards down the field to the New England 24-yard line, was not scripted........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9105412-74/haley-safety-golden#ixzz3m5LpIm9i

86WARD
09-18-2015, 06:30 AM
We should be over that by now...the media is just so lazy..,

Steeldude
09-18-2015, 06:46 AM
“I will take that as a bad call,” Haley repeated. “When they don't work, they are bad.”

Even if it worked it's a poor play call.

zulater
09-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Even if it worked it's a poor play call.

Yeah. Haley didn't accept blame at all in fact. That was a passive aggressive statement if I've ever seen one.

NCSteeler
09-19-2015, 02:26 AM
What i really didn't like about the call.....the first drive or two are supposed to be scripted....which tells me he had planned that play without even knowing what the situation would be.

ALLD
09-19-2015, 08:30 AM
He said it was off script. More like off the wall. That's one of those plays somebody would call if they were on LSD listening to Sgt. Pepper. Just bizarre and unnecessarily complex & difficult.

Count Steeler
09-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Probably didn't practice it enough. The down side of the call was catastrophic. Took the team a long time to recover.

86WARD
09-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Probably didn't practice it enough. The down side of the call was catastrophic. Took the team a long time to recover.

At this point in his career with Roethlisberger on the roster, there should be NO ONE else throwing the ball...maybe if Bettis came back...

fansince'76
09-19-2015, 11:44 AM

They really didn't recover from it. It completely killed the momentum they were beginning to gather and they played from behind the eight ball the rest of the night.

stillers4me
09-19-2015, 11:52 AM
They really didn't recover from it. It completely killed the momentum they were beginning to gather and they played from behind the eight ball the rest of the night.

This. This. And This.