PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Rotating outside linebackers is in this season

stillers4me
09-18-2015, 05:30 AM
Clint Hurdle has pitch counts for young pitchers. Joey Porter has snap counts for old pass-rushers. Then there is James Harrison, who shot his age in the opener.

Harrison, 37, played 38 snaps for the Steelers at right outside linebacker against New England, or a dirty dozen more than Porter promised he would back in the spring. Porter, who coaches the outside linebackers, said they wanted to limit the former NFL defensive player of the year to 25 snaps in deference to his age. Instead, Jarvis Jones was limited to 24 as Harrison played more than any outside linebacker in the opener...........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/17/On-the-Steelers-Rotating-outside-linebackers-is-in-this-season/stories/201509170085

86WARD
09-18-2015, 06:36 AM
This was actually one of the brighter spots last Thursday...I guess when I say brighter, I mean not as bad as we thought they would be?

Steeldude
09-18-2015, 06:50 AM
They pretty much have to play Harrison the most. He is the only OLB on the team who can do anything. Jones has yet to prove he can play in the NFL. Moats should stay in for most of the game.