PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger sheds more light on Steelers headset issue against Patriots

Count Steeler
09-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Even as the Pittsburgh Steelers head into Week 2, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is still addressing concerns about the headset issues his team faced in a season-opening loss to the New England Patriots.
In a radio appearance Tuesday, Roethlisberger explained more about his team's experience atGillette Stadium and how it differed from what happens at other stadiums.
“In a lot of games, the offensive coordinator to quarterback headset, there’ll be — whether it’s one play, it’s static, something — it’ll go out,” Roethlisberger told 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh, via Pro Football Talk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/15/roethlisberger-elaborates-on-concerns-about-headsets-patriots/). “It doesn’t matter if it’s at home, on the road, it just never fails. There’s almost always some kind of communication [problem]. But it’s real brief. It never lasts very long.
"I think the difference this time — and this is, like I said, there was no communication issues really between coach (Todd) Haley and myself — but what I was told and what Bruce (Gradkowski) told me when he listened is that when we had the ball on offense, our coach-to-coach communication, so the guys up in the box to the guys on the sideline, were not only hearing themselves but they were hearing the radio broadcast of the game. And from what I was told from coach Haley it was only when we had the ball. When the Patriots had the ball there was no radio broadcast.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2015/09/15/pittsburgh-headest-issues-ben-roethlisberger/72342706/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnfl-topstories

86WARD
09-15-2015, 07:42 PM
I like how the article makes it sound like Ben brought this up and is dwelling on it...when in reality, he was probably prompted/asked about it.

fansince'76
09-15-2015, 08:39 PM
I like how the article makes it sound like Ben brought this up and is dwelling on it...when in reality, he was probably prompted/asked about it.

:iagree:

Yes he was, and it was only a small part of what was discussed:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/09/15/ben-roethlisberger-on-offense-there-was-some-very-encouraging-things/

ALLD
09-16-2015, 12:34 AM
Alluded to the play sheet again too.

zulater
09-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Funny how the transmission was only disrupted when they were on offense.

The league needs to put a stop Patriot cheating and the only way to do that is to go after the head of the snake. Both Bellichick and Kraft should be suspended for at minimum a full season. Honestly a lifetime ban wouldn't be out of line.

There's no question in my mind that this was orchestrated. The Patriots just rub it in the noses of the league. Time to put an end to it once and for all.

86WARD
09-16-2015, 02:30 PM
Funny how the transmission was only disrupted when they were on offense.

The league needs to put a stop Patriot cheating and the only way to do that is to go after the head of the snake. Both Bellichick and Kraft should be suspended for at minimum a full season. Honestly a lifetime ban wouldn't be out of line.

There's no question in my mind that this was orchestrated. The Patriots just rub it in the noses of the league. Time to put an end to it once and for all.

I would support this 100%.