PDA

View Full Version : OLB rotation explained, I guess

TeeTee
09-15-2015, 01:03 PM
http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9091038-74/snaps-dupree-moats?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers#axzz3lpF9LgLZ

I think this is probably half true. I think the whole truth is you have one old guy (#92), one green rookie, one average vet and a former first rounder who has yet to prove himself, so..............just rotate them all since there aren't 2 clear stand out, best players. I don't have a problem with it, and it does keep them all pretty fresh.

Rotorhead
09-15-2015, 01:29 PM
I think you have to figure out who your starters are and go with that. Playing any sport with people you are comfortable with will make your team better, period. Look at our secondary, who had not played a snap together prior to this game, as an example. I think you start Moats and JJ for now, and sub in JH and Dupree on 3rd and longs. If in a few more games Dupree starts to shine and get better, then you can start him in place of Moats. I think you keep JH fresh for the stretch run.

TeeTee
09-15-2015, 01:40 PM
I think you have to figure out who your starters are and go with that. Playing any sport with people you are comfortable with will make your team better, period. Look at our secondary, who had not played a snap together prior to this game, as an example. I think you start Moats and JJ for now, and sub in JH and Dupree on 3rd and longs. If in a few more games Dupree starts to shine and get better, then you can start him in place of Moats. I think you keep JH fresh for the stretch run.

I agree with all this. You do need to create chemistry with each other, true in almost every sport. Dupree seems to be developing faster than I thought. He is still raw as hell but at least he is already flashing his fairly immense physical skills. A guy that big (270 lbs) and that quick should cause havoc and I think he is on his way to doing so.