PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' gamble on Williams pays off

stillers4me
09-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Several days later and the Steelers’ offense still wants to kick itself for missed opportunities and failed execution when it mattered most in an opening loss to the New England Patriots.

It wasn’t just that Darrius Heyward-Bey failed to keep his right foot inbounds on an easy touchdown catch in the second quarter or that new kicker Josh Scobee missed his first two field-goal attempts.

It was tackle Marcus Gilbert taking a holding penalty at the Patriots 32 on the first series, one play after Antonio Brown failed to throw the ball away on an ill-timed trick call that resulted in an 8-yard sack.

It was Kelvin Beachum and Alejandro Villanueva taking a false start at the New England 1 that forced the Steelers to settle for a field goal..............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/13/Steelers-gamble-on-Williams-pays-off/stories/201509130201

86WARD
09-13-2015, 08:43 AM
I didn't think this move was a gamble at all. I thought instantly that it was an upgrade over LeGarrette Blount. Williams was running very hard at the end of 2014 and in Carolina, that running game was always a mess between Newton, Williams and Stewart...they never really had a "game plan" with that group. Thought instantly that this was a solid signing..not a gamble...

tube517
09-13-2015, 09:11 AM
I didn't think this move was a gamble at all. I thought instantly that it was an upgrade over LeGarrette Blount. Williams was running very hard at the end of 2014 and in Carolina, that running game was always a mess between Newton, Williams and Stewart...they never really had a "game plan" with that group. Thought instantly that this was a solid signing..not a gamble...

I honestly didn't know what he had left (Don't watch other games). Obviously, I'm happy for him and for us fans. I follow him on Twitter and he was (and still is) extremely popular in Carolina. Once Bell and Bong get back, we will have so many offensive threats, it's not even funny.

86WARD
09-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Williams was/is (obviously) a good locker room guy and a fan favorite...another upgrade over Blount.

Mojouw
09-13-2015, 10:38 AM
So who thought this was a gamble? Oh the lazy ass postgazette writers. And almost no one else.