PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw on Ben

polamalubeast
09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Terry Bradshaw "prays" the NFL doesn't reduce Ben Roethlisberger's suspension
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 2, 2010 4:57 PM ET
Former Steelers great Terry Bradshaw doesn't think that a few months of good behavior should help Ben Roethlisberger get off the hook of a six-game suspension.

"Going to bars -- treating women like that; oh my God," Bradshaw said in comments to the Shreveport Times. "I pray they don't cut [his suspension] to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

We can assume Bradshaw doesn't approve of Roethlisberger's proposed reduction to three games, either. Big Ben wasn't the only entitled athlete Bradshaw took aim at.

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/02/terry-bradshaw-prays-the-nfl-doesnt-reduce-ben-roethlisbergers-suspension/

stillers4me
09-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Up yours, Terry.

And while I'm at it...up yours, Florio.

O'Malley
09-02-2010, 04:49 PM
It is well known that Terry does not like Ben. But this is ridiculous. Same team Terry, even though he is shattering your records.

Shoes
09-02-2010, 04:50 PM
I thought Bradshaw was dead...:chuckle:

steelpride12
09-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Well ever since Bradshaw came to the Steelers he has been a little loony and I see he has only gotten worse. Idiot.

siss
09-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Bite me Terry!

SMR
09-02-2010, 05:06 PM
It is well known that Terry does not like Ben. But this is ridiculous. Same team Terry, even though he is shattering your records.

This makes me wonder....Terry- jealous, much?? :scratchchin:

ALLD
09-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Farvebow > Tom Brady > John Travolta

Kaeg
09-02-2010, 05:13 PM
And here I thought he wanted to try and keep a decent relationship with Pittsburgh......seems a bit of a drama queen on this one.

SteelerFanInStl
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I used to be a big Bradshaw fan but not any more. His comments are unneccessary. I can't wait until Ben breaks all of his records.

Nadroj 20
09-02-2010, 05:46 PM
He was ACCUSED terry!!! 4 is still too much

We know you dont like Ben but you are letting your dislike for him get in the way and your saying stupid stuff.

SteelerEmpire
09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Bradshaw is becoming a "crazy old man"... Now I don't know who's worse, Bradshaw or Fran Tarkenton !! It's almost an outrage that him and Ben don't get along... What role models for the kids that read this crap...

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Terry is only trying to help i believe.I don't have anything bad to say about someone trying to help another person.It is maybe uncalled for,for him to come out and say something of that nature though.Just drilling into Bens head how he needs to present himself as a premier quarterback in this" new football league". NFL I don't mind him giving his opinion.He does have a lot of room to talk after all. He has experience with dealing in pittsburgh,i would actually listen to him,then it is up to Ben from there.Bradshaw is an inteligent human being.It is his opinion though.

Carolina Steelers
09-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I understand he might not like what Ben did or should I say accused which is his right I dont like Ben actions from the offseason but come on there is no need for Terry to talk like this in the media. I think he knows when Ben is done playing he could be the best QB in Steelers history Ben needs 1 more ring for 3 and he will have all the records

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't really think that thats where terry is going with his comments.He created his own legacy,and i don't think he is thinking how many Super bowls Ben can win, i think he's thinking how many he could win if he goes the right way. Thats my take on it. I don't mind Terry speaking his mind.

Rings......Terry has 4.

SteelerSal
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey! Cut Terry a break. :wtf: He's still suffering terrible side affects from a Turkey sighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_BuDursFIg&feature=related

tube517
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Bradshaw needs to just shut up now. He already said his opinion in that interview. Now, he's coming across as bitter and a hater. I actually had no problem with that initial interview. Now, he's rambling.

zulater
09-02-2010, 06:36 PM
"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."
The Woodlawn High and Louisiana Tech product "grew up" a Saints fan and remains a Black and Gold supporter to this day. In his mind, it's just too bad the Big Easy had to wait until 2010 to win a Super Bowl.
"In a perfect world, how about being able to stay in my home state and do all that for my home state?" Bradshaw said. "That would have been the greatest gift ever."

Terry really knows how to endear himself to his audience.:jerkit:

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 07:05 PM
"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."
The Woodlawn High and Louisiana Tech product "grew up" a Saints fan and remains a Black and Gold supporter to this day. In his mind, it's just too bad the Big Easy had to wait until 2010 to win a Super Bowl.
"In a perfect world, how about being able to stay in my home state and do all that for my home state?" Bradshaw said. "That would have been the greatest gift ever."

He knew how to win Superbowls too. He made his peace with most that remember his play.
As i said,he does have some room to talk.

Butch
09-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Terry is a legend and I respect what he did for us. He had his moments both great and horrible. I refuse to call him an idiot but his remarks (and I'm sure he knows this) could not have come at a worse time. Well Terry I respectfully disagree with your comments and the timing of your comments. Are you now such a media type that you too are going to join your brethren in piling on Ben??? This whole thing wreaks of a payback and has brought you down a peg in my books. Please don't make this an ongoing drama that we have to endure and draw sides on just let this crap die. Be the bigger man and move on.

BTW Ben still has to win 2 more ring just to tie Terry.

SMR
09-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Terry is a legend and I respect what he did for us. He had his moments both great and horrible. I refuse to call him an idiot but his remarks (and I'm sure he knows this) could not have come at a worse time. Well Terry I respectfully disagree with your comments and the timing of your comments. Are you now such a media type that you too are going to join your brethren in piling on Ben??? This whole thing wreaks of a payback and has brought you down a peg in my books. Please don't make this an ongoing drama that we have to endure and draw sides on just let this crap die. Be the bigger man and move on.

BTW Ben still has to win 2 more ring just to tie Terry.

COULD.NOT.HAVE.SAID.IT.BETTER.MYSELF.

BigBenFn7
09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't care what Terry thinks. Has he ever heard of the saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all? He's really getting on my nerves will him bagging on Ben every week. The sad thing is, I think it has a lot to do with him realizing that Ben is well on his way to being a higher regarded QB than him, even if he doesn't win as many SB's. Frickin' jackass.

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 07:56 PM
i am almost certain that Ben is not takin it the way most fans are.There is a such thing as constructive critics. Man,the dude been through some tough times himself,and he knows what it's all about.Without him,we would only have 2 rings. Your gonna miss him when he's gone.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Terry Is Right. Ben does need to be humbled and reducing his suspension to 2 games would basically be saying "eh, it wasn't that bad banging some drunk college broad in a bathroom at some skanky bar in a tiny town in Georgia after all"

Well it was. For an NFL QB it is the wrong type of behavior. For me, single and in my 20s, its fine, for the Franchise Face to be caught acting like a Drunken College Frat Boy, banging some Drunken Chick, in a dirty bathroom stall (because they are usually dirty in bars) is just down right nasty. Don't be nasty is the message. And reducing the suspension to 2 games would be like telling him he shouldn't have been punished in the first place but was only being made "an example of".

Well, Fck it. Take the 4-6 game suspension, whatever it is and deal with it. Funny how he hasn't been in trouble since.

Imagine if he does do it again? Something stupid and shady and nasty? Yeah, his jersies would be burning on South Side in big piles.

Btw...I LOVE TERRY BRADSHAW. The QB of the Greatest Team in the History of the NFL. Bottom Effing Line, Terry can say what ever he wants and he's right, if Ben wasn't the QB of an NFL Team, he wouldn't be having chicks throw themselves at him. He needs to Be Better than that.

So if you really "hate" Terry Bradshaw, go home, take down all your little signs and banners of any recognition of the 4 70s Super Bowl Titles because without Terry, we don't win Shiiiit in the 70s. Recognize what he is saying, or ignore everything about him. Be Better Ben, and to the NFL don't coddle a guy who acts like a Feral Dog.. Which is what Ben has been doing. Like a Feral Dog in heat trying to fck anything that throws itself at him and leaves its scent on a bush.

Steeldude
09-03-2010, 08:41 AM
i like bradshaw's take on young players today. they are spoiled punks(not all) who think they are entitled to everything no matter how they act or what they do.

as for BR's suspension, oh well...next time think before acting.

cold-hard-steel
09-03-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't think Terry is wrong for giving his opinion.If Ben heard it,then maybe he can take something from Terrys' words of wisdom.Only if you are in denial,would you think what he said was wrong.Terry said if Ben ever wanted to talk to him,that he would be willing to.If Ben really wants to win 5 superbowls i think he should listen.I'm pretty sure Ben knows now the effects of what he has done,and the complications it has caused.Like Terry said,there is only one other player on earth that can talk to him about winning 4 superbowls.Maybe Ben could talk to Joe instead of Terry.Probably get the same advice. Think about it.

st33lersguy
09-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Why ain't Terry crying about Vince Young, Cedric Benson, Braylon Edwards, and many more getting away with crimes they were caught committing and not getting suspended.
Oh some ho looking for money accuses Ben of doing something that wasn't proven now he deserves atleast 6 games he is an awful person, never mind the thugs who do commit crime, they aren't bad people because they are not steelers.
This is getting ridiculous

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 10:35 AM
It's 4 games... take that Bradshaw... you A hole....

tube517
09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah, and Bradshaw went through the same thing in his early days. (barhopping and women). So, maybe he should give Ben the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, we all know Ben acted stupid but I think Bradshaw has already said his opinion, which he is entitled to. Now, he's sounding like a broken record.

i like bradshaw's take on young players today. they are spoiled punks(not all) who think they are entitled to everything no matter how they act or what they do.

as for BR's suspension, oh well...next time think before acting.

cold-hard-steel
09-03-2010, 10:41 AM
So Goodhell went against Terrys' prayers. WOW!

Shoes
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Here's a little something for Terry:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/bunnypancakeclean.jpg

smokin3000gt
09-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Terry needs to STFU.

6 game suspension because of Ben's ego? Give me a break. Bradshaw acts like her never got a hum job while he was QB.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
4 games, which is what EVERYONE already Suspected would happen at the begining once it was known that it was 6 games with the potential for a reduction.

If Ben with one pending allegation already, doesn't act like a Bitch in Heat, then none of us have a worry.

smokin3000gt
09-03-2010, 12:19 PM
4 games, which is what EVERYONE already Suspected would happen at the begining once it was known that it was 6 games with the potential for a reduction.

If Ben with one pending allegation already, doesn't act like a Bitch in Heat, then none of us have a worry.

I know, I was talking about Terry praying for 6.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I know, I was talking about Terry praying for 6.

Terry was hoping Ben stayed Humbled. Which is an Honest opinion. Ben acted like a total punk, has been for a while now acting like a total Punk. He needed to get slapped down. 4 games is still a pretty good slap down. It was the result of Ben's positive attitude and PR moves all this summer, which he was forced to do. Lets see how he acts once the "you must behave and show up at kids events and be in the postive news all the time" slap down is lifted.

I'm pretty sure Terry doesn't care about Ben breaking his Records, they've stood for over 20 years, that's pretty solid and Terry is already in Canton, and always will have 4 Rings. I think what he was more worried about is the Embarressment off the field issues like porking some skank in a dive bar bring to the Organization. As a fan, I'd love to be able to have pride in all the players on my team, sure, some have issues, but the last player on any team that you want to have issues like rape allegations is your Franchise QuarterBack. That's just common sense. Your Linebacker can be a jerkooofff that gets into fights or whatever, he's a Linebacker for Pete's sake, a linebacker gets shot in the arse in a bar in Denver and its almost funny (if he turns out ok and its only a flesh wound). But your QB, should always hold himself to a higher standard, on and off the field. That's just the way it is.

Butch
09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Terry was hoping Ben stayed Humbled. Which is an Honest opinion. Ben acted like a total punk, has been for a while now acting like a total Punk. He needed to get slapped down. 4 games is still a pretty good slap down. It was the result of Ben's positive attitude and PR moves all this summer, which he was forced to do. Lets see how he acts once the "you must behave and show up at kids events and be in the postive news all the time" slap down is lifted.

I'm pretty sure Terry doesn't care about Ben breaking his Records, they've stood for over 20 years, that's pretty solid and Terry is already in Canton, and always will have 4 Rings. I think what he was more worried about is the Embarressment off the field issues like porking some skank in a dive bar bring to the Organization. As a fan, I'd love to be able to have pride in all the players on my team, sure, some have issues, but the last player on any team that you want to have issues like rape allegations is your Franchise QuarterBack. That's just common sense. Your Linebacker can be a jerkooofff that gets into fights or whatever, he's a Linebacker for Pete's sake, a linebacker gets shot in the arse in a bar in Denver and its almost funny (if he turns out ok and its only a flesh wound). But your QB, should always hold himself to a higher standard, on and off the field. That's just the way it is.

No that's not just the way it is that's just your opinion of how it should be.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
No that's not just the way it is that's just your opinion of how it should be.

Actually, that is the way it is, that's not opinion.

But you can have the opinion that the facts I state are wrong.

smokin3000gt
09-03-2010, 12:39 PM

I agree with you Dino, Ben should have made better decisions and I don't take issue with punishment. Fine him for 6 game day checks. Make him spend a day with p. manning, t. brady, and listen to them whine about everything. Tons of community service doing things for the neighborhoods/kids. But don't change the outcome of the season based on false allegations.

Two AFC north games with a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th string QB is tampering too much with the out come of the season IMO.

Butch
09-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Actually, that is the way it is, that's not opinion.

But you can have the opinion that the facts I state are wrong.

I'm sorry I didn't know you thought so HIGHLY of yourself and your opinions.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I agree with you Dino, Ben should have made better decisions and I don't take issue with punishment. Fine him for 6 game day checks. Make him spend a day with p. manning, t. brady, and listen to them whine about everything. Tons of community service doing things for the neighborhoods/kids. But don't change the outcome of the season based on false allegations.

Two AFC north games with a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th string QB is tampering too much with the out come of the season IMO.

Yes, and now we must adapt and over come and conquer. That is going to be tough. But lets just wait and see what happens Week 1. A win over the Falcons would be a great start to the season. 1-0, with our 3rd string QB, heading into the rest of the season would make some people turn their heads and would establish the fact that we are a good team, better than just One Man at QB, or one High WR, or one Safety with Million Dollar Locks. We need a full team effort, something we didn't get in a few games last year over clearly inferior teams that found a way to beat us which kept us out of the playoffs. A Full Team Effort and Full Team Wins must be the result of having to play one man down because our QB was suspended, whether or not we agree with the Suspension over Allegations that were not enough to warrant an actual filing of charges.

Now we will truly see the entire character of our Roster. Week 1. We Must Crush the Falcons. I don't care who is under center, Dixon, Batch, Palko, Tina Turner, the TEAM must rally.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry I didn't know you thought so HIGHLY of yourself and your opinions.

I forgive you.

memphissteelergirl
09-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Not cool, TB....not cool at all. :thumbdown:

Moose
09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
This really baffels me. Why would Bradshaw be so hard on Ben ? Doesn't he want to see 'his' Steeler team do good, and doesn't he think Ben gives us the best shot of that....wouldn't you think ? I'm starting to think he's actually pissed that Ben has looked good in the past and see's Ben taking this team to higher grounds in years to come. Maybe he's thinking the fan's will soon forget the Terry Bradshaw legacy. Terry had good times, but also had some not so good times with the organization, has he forgotten this ? Has Terry stooped to the media 'holy than thou' attitude and forgot about being a player that fans pursued after ? Pure selfish pride.

SteelerSal
09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
This really baffels me. Why would Bradshaw be so hard on Ben ? Doesn't he want to see 'his' Steeler team do good, and doesn't he think Ben gives us the best shot of that....wouldn't you think ? I'm starting to think he's actually pissed that Ben has looked good in the past and see's Ben taking this team to higher grounds in years to come. Maybe he's thinking the fan's will soon forget the Terry Bradshaw legacy. Terry had good times, but also had some not so good times with the organization, has he forgotten this ? Has Terry stooped to the media 'holy than thou' attitude and forgot about being a player that fans pursued after ? Pure selfish pride.

Could very well be.

polamalubeast
09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Terry Bradshaw rips Roethlisberger, Favre other NFL players

Television commentator and former Pittsburgh Steeler great Terry Bradshaw this week unloaded on current Steeler quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre, and other of today's NFL players in an interview with the Shreveport (La.) Times.

About Roethlisberger, who was suspended by the NFL for poor off-the-field conduct, Bradshaw, according to the Times, said: "Going to bars – treating women like that; oh my God. … There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

Bradshaw also said he has grown tired of the drama involving Favre's would-be retirement. "You kiss his ass long enough, that's what happens," Bradshaw said of Favre, according to the Times.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/mc-terry-bradshaw-0903-20100903,0,7492883.story

Roy Lang III: Terry Bradshaw says Drew Brees exception in diva-filled NFL

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20100902/SPORTS0405/9020319/1001/sports

Burghfan58
09-03-2010, 02:08 PM
I can see him not aggreeing with a reduction. He has his opinion of overcoddled athletes this day and age. Fortunatly for Steeler fans his prayers went unanswered.

silver & black
09-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Terry Is Right. Ben does need to be humbled and reducing his suspension to 2 games would basically be saying "eh, it wasn't that bad banging some drunk college broad in a bathroom at some skanky bar in a tiny town in Georgia after all"

Well it was. For an NFL QB it is the wrong type of behavior. For me, single and in my 20s, its fine, for the Franchise Face to be caught acting like a Drunken College Frat Boy, banging some Drunken Chick, in a dirty bathroom stall (because they are usually dirty in bars) is just down right nasty. Don't be nasty is the message. And reducing the suspension to 2 games would be like telling him he shouldn't have been punished in the first place but was only being made "an example of".

Well, Fck it. Take the 4-6 game suspension, whatever it is and deal with it. Funny how he hasn't been in trouble since.

Imagine if he does do it again? Something stupid and shady and nasty? Yeah, his jersies would be burning on South Side in big piles.

Btw...I LOVE TERRY BRADSHAW. The QB of the Greatest Team in the History of the NFL. Bottom Effing Line, Terry can say what ever he wants and he's right, if Ben wasn't the QB of an NFL Team, he wouldn't be having chicks throw themselves at him. He needs to Be Better than that.

So if you really "hate" Terry Bradshaw, go home, take down all your little signs and banners of any recognition of the 4 70s Super Bowl Titles because without Terry, we don't win Shiiiit in the 70s. Recognize what he is saying, or ignore everything about him. Be Better Ben, and to the NFL don't coddle a guy who acts like a Feral Dog.. Which is what Ben has been doing. Like a Feral Dog in heat trying to fck anything that throws itself at him and leaves its scent on a bush.

:applaudit:

silver & black
09-03-2010, 06:21 PM

:applaudit: :applaudit:

steel striker
09-04-2010, 11:46 AM
It is what it is and, come on man move on. I was over it after Goodell gave the 6 game ban a while back. It is time to focus on the season now and, for terry well he has not always said kind things about the burgh anyway. I guess everyone can have their own thoughts about this but, at some point you have to let it go.

siss
09-04-2010, 07:39 PM
He without sin cast the first stone.

"I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before ... my whole life was out of control ... I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."

-Terry Bradshaw

Cause Terry Bradshaw was perfect in his playing days.

zulater
09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
http://draftsteel.com/ff/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8039

SteelErie wrote:
Brad's act is getting old. His psychological issues are well documented. I simply don't buy the old story line about him reaching out to Ben, Ben rejecting him, and that starting the whole conflict way back when. Fact is, Terry has always been severely insecure. I believe when he heard all the adoration Ben was getting, it made him insanely jealous. The way he could have lived with it, the only way, was if he made nice with Ben and was able to take credit for being some kind of mentor. That didn't happen and there has been a seething resentment towards Ben since. Yes Ben screwed up. Bradshaw never did? This is the ultimate guy living in a glass house. When you have been married and divorced as many times as he has, you shut your mouth about other people's private lives. The only thing Bradshaw knows about dealing with women is how to write out an alimony check. Personally, I hope he stays away from Pittsburgh for good from now on. I appreciate all he did on the field, but he has ruined my memories of him with his pettiness, his jealousy, and his immaturity since he walked off the field for the last time. People were way too quick to forgive hom for the years of trashing Chuck Noll. Terry only recanted all that because he was never able to move public sentiment away from Noll towards himself. When people started writing more and more (such as Jim O'Brien) about the subject, it reached the point even Terry realized it was over. So he made nice for the solitary reason of trying to win hearts back and be the star again. I don't believe for a second he was sincere about any of it. It was all a calculated PR move to try to be the darling again because he felt Ben had usurped his place in Steeler history.

this guy put it perfectly imo. :cool:

GBMelBlount
09-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Personally, I agree with Bradshaw's posturing / sentiments on this.

zulater
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Personally, I agree with Bradshaw's posturing.

So you think the Steelers should rid themselves of Ben? You can't see giving him a second chance?

I hope you're never falsely accused of a crime.

HometownGal
09-12-2010, 08:56 PM
http://draftsteel.com/ff/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8039

SteelErie wrote:
Brad's act is getting old. His psychological issues are well documented. I simply don't buy the old story line about him reaching out to Ben, Ben rejecting him, and that starting the whole conflict way back when. Fact is, Terry has always been severely insecure. I believe when he heard all the adoration Ben was getting, it made him insanely jealous. The way he could have lived with it, the only way, was if he made nice with Ben and was able to take credit for being some kind of mentor. That didn't happen and there has been a seething resentment towards Ben since. Yes Ben screwed up. Bradshaw never did? This is the ultimate guy living in a glass house. When you have been married and divorced as many times as he has, you shut your mouth about other people's private lives. The only thing Bradshaw knows about dealing with women is how to write out an alimony check. Personally, I hope he stays away from Pittsburgh for good from now on. I appreciate all he did on the field, but he has ruined my memories of him with his pettiness, his jealousy, and his immaturity since he walked off the field for the last time. People were way too quick to forgive hom for the years of trashing Chuck Noll. Terry only recanted all that because he was never able to move public sentiment away from Noll towards himself. When people started writing more and more (such as Jim O'Brien) about the subject, it reached the point even Terry realized it was over. So he made nice for the solitary reason of trying to win hearts back and be the star again. I don't believe for a second he was sincere about any of it. It was all a calculated PR move to try to be the darling again because he felt Ben had usurped his place in Steeler history.

this guy put it perfectly imo. :cool:

:applaudit: :clap2: :applaudit:

Very well stated. As I mentioned in the early portion of the Game Day thread - Brad is FAR from perfect and should take a good look at his own past behaviors with women and clean up his own back yard before he takes pot shots at anyone else's. At any rate - he needs to let the Ben drama GO as a good majority of the fans have done. Though I will always adore him for what he brought to the team and the fans while he was on the field, today was the first time I truly wanted to clock him. :mad2:

zulater
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
:applaudit: :clap2: :applaudit:

Very well stated. As I mentioned in the early portion of the Game Day thread - Brad is FAR from perfect and should take a good look at his own past behaviors with women and clean up his own back yard before he takes pot shots at anyone else's. At any rate - he needs to let the Ben drama GO as a good majority of the fans have done. Though I will always adore him for what he brought to the team and the fans while he was on the field, today was the first time I truly wanted to clock him. :mad2:

:lol: and that's why we all love you.

:eyebrows:

GBMelBlount
09-12-2010, 09:06 PM
So you think the Steelers should rid themselves of Ben? You can't see giving him a second chance?

I hope you're never falsely accused of a crime.

SECOND Chance?

So are you saying this is the very first time Ben has purportedly acted in a pompous, arrogant, conceited, reckless and / or self absorbed manner?

zulater
09-12-2010, 09:12 PM
SECOND Chance?

So are you saying this is the very first time Ben has acted in a pompous, arrogant, conceited and self absorbed manner?

No, but the last I checked that's not really a crime in this country. He's since been humbled, severely so. And since his behaviour has become a negative issue with the team, the league, and the fans he's done everything asked of him to correct it and then some. So why in the world shouldn't he be given the opportunity to redeem himself?

Btw if you ever meet up with Andy russell, rocky bleir, Jack Ham etc... drop the words pompous, arrogant, conceited, and self absorbed , and ask if they would have ever applied any or all those words to Terry back in the day? Bleir tells of how the 74 Steelers nearly to man openly rooted for the awful Terry Hanratty to win the starting qb position over Bradhsaw. What do you think the reason for that might have been?

GBMelBlount
09-12-2010, 09:21 PM
No, but the last I checked that's not really a crime in this country. He's since been humbled, severely so. And since his behaviour has become a negative issue with the team, the league, and the fans he's done everything asked of him then some. So why in the world shouldn't he be given the opportunity to reddem himself?

I completely understand your point Zulater, honestly I do...but Ben has arguably been quite arrogant and reckless on many occasions imo. I think he is a great quarterback and personally I would hate to lose him. That being said, after watching Bradshaw rip him another ass hole, yet again, on national tv, it reminded me that sometimes great pain, regret and embarrassment is needed for a person to have a "life changing" epiphany.

Of course, I am hoping that perhaps the extreme negative attention from those such as Bradshaw and media is perhaps a "life changing" event for Ben in a positive way.

You and I want the same things Zulater, I am just looking at this as perhaps a different means to hopefully the same positive end result. :drink:

86WARD
09-12-2010, 09:29 PM
This is why Bradshaw doesn't own a team...he doesn't get it...

tube517
09-12-2010, 09:55 PM
As I've said before, Bradshaw did the same thing in the early 70's. He admitted it in one of his books. Bar hopping and girl chasing. Only difference is we have the internet. Bradshaw never got caught like Ben did. I think he needs to let it go. He stated his opinion and I agreed with him the first time he was interviewed. Now, he is sounding like a bitter old fart.

siss
09-12-2010, 10:07 PM
When your dog goes to the bathroom in your house, at some point you have to stop rubbing his nose it. We need to stop rubbing Ben's nose in it. He messed up, big time. He's admitted it. Now let him put his life back together.

Psycho Ward 86
09-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I love that Bradshaw is tearing Ben's ass apart as he stands naked before the entire world laughing at him. It'll make him better for the long run. This whole experience has been an eye-opening revelation for Ben.

GBMelBlount
09-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I love that Bradshaw is tearing Ben's ass apart as he stands naked before the entire world laughing at him. It'll make him better for the long run. This whole experience has been an eye-opening revelation for Ben.

I hope so....Bradshaw is certainly no angel but I guess my main hope is simply that this is such a COMPLETE embarrassment for Ben, that we will NEVER have to worry about this again. That's all.

Iron Steeler
09-12-2010, 10:20 PM
you keep kicking some one when they are down they are going to stay down... terry keep your opinion to yourself and stop tryin to drag this out

GBMelBlount
09-12-2010, 10:27 PM
When your dog goes to the bathroom in your house, at some point you have to stop rubbing his nose it. We need to stop rubbing Ben's nose in it. He messed up, big time. He's admitted it. Now let him put his life back together.

Actually, our 3 lb. teacup poodle shits in the house if the grass blades are higher than a quarter inch....well, we try not to be too hard on her and two days ago when it last rained I walked in my office and there was 8 (counted em) pieces of shit, granted they were the size of rabbit turds, but still...the little girl was probably snickering while she did it, thinking she pulled the "roethlisberger" over our eyes. Just sayin. :chuckle:

steelpride12
09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Right after he is the only one to pick the Steelers to win today, I watched him beat on Ben again and just outrageous. It's done and over with, quit beating the dead horse with a stick. Ben was not kicked off the team, he got his suspension, he is learning his lesson enough!

siss
09-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Right after he is the only one to pick the Steelers to win today, I watched him beat on Ben again and just outrageous. It's done and over with, quit beating the dead horse with a stick. Ben was not kicked off the team, he got his suspension, he is learning his lesson enough!

Do people not understand he was falsely accused?

vader29
09-13-2010, 08:57 AM
The way he did that on the pregame show just came across to me as very unprofessional. It's so obvious that he is jealous of Ben and he needs to get over it. Glad the Steelers don't have any more games on Fox this season so I won't have to watch their pregame show again this year.

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2010, 09:06 AM

I agree. Hopefully Ben keeps his nose clean from here on out.

Edman
09-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Bradshaw is entitled to his opinion, but there's opinions, and then there's beating a dead horse. Bradshaw said his piece, and now he's beating a dead horse.

All right, Ben effed up. He's going to be ridiculed and scoffed at road games this season. He's been disgraced, stripped of his captain title, and has been suspended. Pittsburgh turned it's back on him. Fans turned their backs on him. And now the guy is a naked target out in the open. Okay, he's been punished. What more do you want him to do, Terry?

We have no choice but to wait and see if the dude learned his lesson or will just keep going on with this mess.

fansince'76
09-13-2010, 09:45 AM
The way he did that on the pregame show just came across to me as very unprofessional. It's so obvious that he is jealous of Ben and he needs to get over it.

That was the vibe I got too, and I don't understand it. Bradshaw's legacy is more than secure. :noidea:

zulater
09-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Bradshaw is entitled to his opinion, but there's opinions, and then there's beating a dead horse. Bradshaw said his piece, and now he's beating a dead horse.

All right, Ben effed up. He's going to be ridiculed and scoffed at road games this season. He's been disgraced, stripped of his captain title, and has been suspended. Pittsburgh turned it's back on him. Fans turned their backs on him. And now the guy is a naked target out in the open. Okay, he's been punished. What more do you want him to do, Terry?

We have no choice but to wait and see if the dude learned his lesson or will just keep going on with this mess.

Great post!

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2010, 09:56 AM
I think the reason we heard from Terry about Ben this weekend is that it was officially Week 1 of the NFL Season. This was the forum that Terry was waiting for, the other comments weren't made on "his" show. So here, a week after he already said something, people expected to hear from Terry one more time, and most likely for the last time in regards to Ben and Ben's actions which have embarressed the Team and the League.

So he used this weekend show to restate his opinion, get it out there for all to hear, not just on blog readers and online news junkies, but to actually get it out there for the General Public.

I don't think it has anything to do with Terry being jealous. If anything, Terry is more concerned with the Legacy of Steelers football than anything else. He points out, that Ben has a history of bad decision making, from the no helmet accident, to the now 2 cases of sexual abuse allegations. And even the facts of the Georgia case are "dirty" and make a person want to have to shower when you read about how he was drinking in a collega bar, saying things like "all you bitttches take my shots" being Mister Big Man on Campus with a bunch of gooey eyed sorrority girls. Seriously...was it illegal, probably not, probably just fun. Was it what your franchise QB is supposed to be doing in the off season? Clearly...No.

So that's it, Terry spoke his mind, got it out there, there is no question as to Terry's feelings on Ben, Ben is not living up to his expectations, and the expections of other Franchise QBs. Steelers have an Image, whether its a valid image of "doing it the right way" is debatable, what's not debatable is we are currently playing with a back up QB because of Ben's off the field decision making. Bottom line. Ben brought this onto the Fan Base, Ben's actions cause us to have to worry about Dixon's low throws and on the field play. Its all on Ben and up to Ben to fix it.

Done.

memphissteelergirl
09-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I strongly suggest TB take a look at his own past, and take a listen to this little ditty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPcTHJodp6M

Just sayin'. :rolleyes3:

Shoes
09-13-2010, 02:10 PM
I think Terry forgot to take his pills yesterday. It's sad to see bitterness eat a person away.

GodfatherofSoul
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I strongly suggest TB take a look at his own past, and take a listen to this little ditty:

Just sayin'. :rolleyes3:

LOL

st33lersguy
09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q-3rsNd4w8&feature=player_embedded

Wow, those charges were never proven and this is old news anyway. How about attacking Vince Young who was caught committing crime on tape why isn't Terry calling him out? Worse yet this is coming from a player who chased many a woman himself in his young days, hypocrite.

TatarMongol
09-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Terry is only trying to help i believe.I don't have anything bad to say about someone trying to help another person.It is maybe uncalled for,for him to come out and say something of that nature though.Just drilling into Bens head how he needs to present himself as a premier quarterback in this" new football league". NFL I don't mind him giving his opinion.He does have a lot of room to talk after all. He has experience with dealing in pittsburgh,i would actually listen to him,then it is up to Ben from there.Bradshaw is an inteligent human being.It is his opinion though.

Finally some1 said something decent.

Bradshaw is becoming a "crazy old man"... Now I don't know who's worse, Bradshaw or Fran Tarkenton !! It's almost an outrage that him and Ben don't get along... What role models for the kids that read this crap...

Any1 who calls Bradshaw is either Steeler hater or just real ignorant. The man had done so much 4 us, can say whatever he wants. I'm sure he didn't say this just 2 piss of Ben or his fans, or 2 make himself look awesome. Person who had as much success as Bradshaw and who is just as old as Bradshaw don't give a flying monkey's arse 4 what others think about what he/she said. They earned it. They talk & V'r suppose 2 listen. This how it was back in the day.

Now V'r mad cuz 6 game suspensions would really make our season in not so good position. But remember, V only want 4 game cut, cuz V'r Steelers fans & V'r only thinking about ourselves. If it was some other QB from another team or if the 6 game suspensions came from any1 but Goodell, I wonder if U guys would've said the same thing. V all have little boys & V all want em 2 behave good no matter what he did/does. 6 game suspensions would've done the trick.

TatarMongol
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Now ya'll should know that I actually have have small personal reason 2 thank 4 the 4 game deal, instead of 6. Which will B known in 2 days. Thank U Goodell. =)

Steeldude
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
probably because young will never be a good QB.

HometownGal
09-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Any1 who calls Bradshaw is either Steeler hater or just real ignorant. The man had done so much 4 us, can say whatever he wants. I'm sure he didn't say this just 2 piss of Ben or his fans, or 2 make himself look awesome. Person who had as much success as Bradshaw and who is just as old as Bradshaw don't give a flying monkey's arse 4 what others think about what he/she said. They earned it. They talk & V'r suppose 2 listen. This how it was back in the day.

Now V'r mad cuz 6 game suspensions would really make our season in not so good position. But remember, V only want 4 game cut, cuz V'r Steelers fans & V'r only thinking about ourselves. If it was some other QB from another team or if the 6 game suspensions came from any1 but Goodell, I wonder if U guys would've said the same thing. V all have little boys & V all want em 2 behave good no matter what he did/does. 6 game suspensions would've done the trick.

I'm neither a Steelers hater nor ignorant, hon. I'm a realist and the reality of the situation is plain and simple - - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Bradshaw is far, FAR from perfect and treated women like dog shit (including his ex-wife JoJo Starbuck) in his younger days so for him to sit on his almighty high white horse and point his hypocritical finger at anyone is just plain WRONG. Not to mention the fact that he is coming across sounding like a bitter fool with his incessant belaboring of the matter. It's done and over with - Ben is doing his "time", most fans have let their anger and disgust go and I think it's high time Brad does the same.

steelerdude15
09-13-2010, 09:52 PM
As much as I like Bradshaw and he's still our greatest QB we've ever had, I just wish he would leave this thing alone now.

zulater
09-13-2010, 10:02 PM

I missed this before. Here Terry is quoted as saying he "grew up" a Saints fan. Well the Saints didn't come into existence until 1967, which is only two years before Terry came into the NFL. :lol:

Terry's a phoney, always has been always will be.

One last story, about 10-15 years ago i had an aunt who was working with Terry at the time,( something to do with enron) she asked if I wanted her to get me a TB autographed football or something, I told her no thanks. At the time I was pissed at Terry for the way he treated Noll, the fact that he didn't attend the Chief's funeral, and basically his up yours attitude towards the city of Pittsburgh. A few years later I had a son and thought to myself, damn that was stupid, I could have had a nice keepsake to hand down to him if I had taken her up on her offer. but now I'm kinda glad again that i didn't. Up your's Terry! :flipoff:

GodfatherofSoul
09-14-2010, 03:25 PM
probably because young will never be a good QB.

Young--13/17 152yards 2TDs 0INTs 142.8QBR

Leinert--shined pine bench to 600 grit finish with his backside after being run out of Arizona

solardave
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
This makes me wonder....Terry- jealous, much?? :scratchchin:

I think that's exactly what it is. The Steeler Nation has stood by Ben and we booed Bradshaw and he can't handle that. TOOOO BAD TERRY!!