PDA

View Full Version : The NFL is investigating an allegation that a Steelers assistant coach assaulted a Patriots fan

TD's & Beer
09-11-2015, 12:02 PM
The NFL is investigating an allegation that a Steelers assistant coach assaulted a Patriots fan at halftime of Thursday night’s game.

NFL security is investigating tight ends coach James Daniel for allegedly assaulting and verbally accosting a Patriots fan on the way to the locker room before halftime Thursday, according to league sources.

The allegation says that Daniel kicked the fan in the back of the leg and yelled at him. There were witnesses, according to the report. The report also says that Daniel was approached by police about the matter, and that Daniel then began shouting at a police officer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...g-patriots-fan (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630481/pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-james-daniel-being-investigated-nfl-allegedly-assaulting-patriots-fan)

--------------------

How does a fan get close enough to a coach to be kicked?

hawaiiansteeler
09-11-2015, 01:44 PM
hey, at least the Steelers were able to beat somebody last night...

fansince'76
09-11-2015, 01:46 PM
hey, at least the Steelers were able to beat somebody last night...

http://i.imgur.com/GmEjiCv.gif

:chuckle:

st33lersguy
09-11-2015, 01:48 PM
I hope it isn't true. If it Is true, it's inexcusable. Even the fact that it was against a Patriots fan isn't a valid excuse

TD's & Beer
09-11-2015, 01:54 PM
I heard Scobee tried to kick him first....but he missed!

cha cha ching!

Steelman
09-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I heard Scobee tried to kick him first....but he missed!

cha cha ching!

Too soon. :lol:

steelerdude15
09-11-2015, 02:07 PM
If it's true and there is evidence to support this claim, the Steelers have no choice, but to fire him. If he just yelled at the fan and said offensive the he should get a fine.

86WARD
09-11-2015, 02:18 PM
First of all, I don't know the set up of the "tunnel," but why is there a "fan" in the tunnel? Fans should be in the stands.

Secondly, I truly believe this is a tit for tat type of thing in response of Tomlin's comments about the headsets.

I think nothing will come of either.

Steelerschik
09-11-2015, 04:26 PM
First of all, I don't know the set up of the "tunnel," but why is there a "fan" in the tunnel? Fans should be in the stands.

Secondly, I truly believe this is a tit for tat type of thing in response of Tomlin's comments about the headsets.

I think nothing will come of either.

That's what I want to know...why was there a fan in the tunnel? That's question 1. Question 2 is it really a crime to kick a Pats fan? I know many who would want to give this guy a bonus.

Why does there always have to be a freakin story line with the Pats?????

salamander
09-11-2015, 04:39 PM
How about and investigation into the headsets? Or how about the other thread that was posted where Brady had the clock reset?

SteelerFanInStl
09-11-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm going to wait until I hear the whole story on this one. As others have said, why was there a fan in the tunnel? And what did this fan do to start the whole thing? I don't think that an NFL coach is going to just randomly jump a fan.

teegre
09-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Headsets malfunction: Goodell yawns

Brady resets clock: Goodell scratches himself

Steelers coach punches someone: James Harrison gets fined

Count Steeler
09-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Headsets malfunction: Goodell yawns

Brady resets clock: Goodell scratches himself

Steelers coach punches someone: James Harrison gets fined

What are you doing with the NFL rule book? I thought only Cheatriots were privy to that information.

tube517
09-11-2015, 05:52 PM
I still cannot see anything on this forum. I keep seeing Boston Bruins highlights in the "Team Roster" section that was just created by FS76....:chuckle:

teegre
09-11-2015, 06:07 PM
What are you doing with the NFL rule book? I thought only Cheatriots were privy to that information.

It was a picture book.

It it came with a hand puppet: Tucky the rule-changing dog.

hawaiiansteeler
09-11-2015, 11:26 PM
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

James Daniel 62 has bad knees and only time ever heard of him losing temper was on phone w D.Johnson after missed block led to SBowl fumble.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

86WARD
09-13-2015, 06:45 AM
Steelers say altercation between coach and fan untrue

The Steelers have found no wrongdoing or even a physical altercation involving tight ends coach James Daniel and a New England Patriots fan at the game Thursday night in Foxborough, Mass., team president Art Rooney II said.

In a statement to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Rooney said an internal inquiry found “no corroboration” that a fan was physically assaulted by Daniel either before or after halftime of the Steelers’ 28-21 loss at Gillette Stadium.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/13/Steelers-say-altercation-between-coach-and-fan-untrue/stories/201509120164

Count Steeler
09-13-2015, 09:02 AM
Yeah, but what does the crack investigation unit from the NFL say? I am so close to packing in the entire NFL. If I want to be entertained with pre-scripted and bull shit, I'll just watch the WWE.

fansince'76
09-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Yeah, but what does the crack investigation unit from the NFL say? I am so close to packing in the entire NFL. If I want to be entertained with pre-scripted and bull shit, I'll just watch the WWE.

Right there with you, Joe...

stillers4me
09-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Right there with you, Joe...

Hang in there guys and just enjoy the games. I have a feeling the owners have got to be getting really upset about the negative PR the league continues to get under Goodell and the preferential treatment certain teams get. Something is is going to blow it up soon....I just have a gut feeling.

Count Steeler
09-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Hang in there guys and just enjoy the games. I have a feeling the owners have got to be getting really upset about the negative PR the league continues to get under Goodell and the preferential treatment certain teams get. Something is is going to blow it up soon....I just have a gut feeling.

That is what I have been waiting for. But will the greed be overcome by integrity? I mean, as the game of football goes, this product should be getting worse ratings. Instead, because of fantasy football and a less than knowledgeable audience, the NFL continues to thrive. If fans don't hold this league accountable, nothing is going to change.

st33lersguy
09-13-2015, 10:41 AM
This is a new low for Cheatriots fans. I didn't think that was even possible. Accusing a coach of assaulting you just because you are all butthurt of being called out for cheating once again? That fanbase just loves embarrassing itself

Devilsdancefloor
09-13-2015, 10:51 AM

yup i cant beleive ha;f the crap going on i keep thinking the rooneys and a few other owners have to be feed up. but nothing is happening.... sigh

TD's & Beer
09-13-2015, 10:53 AM
Steelers issue statement on incident with TE coach

An internal investigation done by the Pittsburgh Steelers into an alleged incident between tight ends coach James Daniel and a Patriots fan during halftime of the season opener has found no wrongdoing by the long-time tight ends coach.

Steelers president Art Rooney II released the following statement on Sunday:

"We have conducted an internal inquiry into the alleged incident involving Assistant Coach James Daniel at the Patriots stadium Thursday night. After interviews with Coach Daniel as well as other personnel who witnessed the alleged encounter, we find no corroboration that Coach Daniel was involved in any physical altercation with a fan.

"Coach Daniel has worked as an assistant coach for the Steelers for the past 12 seasons. We have a high level of confidence in his character and are confident that any further investigation of this incident will reveal he was not part of any assault or misconduct involving a Patriots fan."

Daniel stood accused of verbally abusing and possibly physically assaulting a New England fan at Gillette Stadium before and after halftime on Thursday.
The Steelers began their internal inquiry after they were informed of a possible incident by NFL Security.

The NFL is also looking into the matter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000528636/article/steelers-issue-statement-on-alleged-incident-involving-te-coach?campaign=Twitter_atn

zulater
09-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Some Patriot plant claiming a false incident to take the spot light off the Cheats for a little while. Or maybe it was a ploy designed to disrupt the Steelers half time adjustments? With the Cheats one never knows.