PDA

View Full Version : DeAngelo Williams is Steelers Digest Player of Week

hawaiiansteeler
09-10-2015, 11:24 PM
DeAngelo Williams is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers.com

DeAngelo Williams posted a 100-yard game in his first outing for the Steelers.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – It was his debut in a Steelers uniform, and DeAngelo Williams showed why signing him was the team’s best move of the offseason. Starting for Le’Veon Bell, who is suspended for the first two games, Williams rushed for 127 yards on 21 carries (6.0 average) and he also caught one pass for 5 more yards.

Williams is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were Antonio Brown, who caught nine passes for 133 yards and a touchdown, and he also continued his streak of catching at least five passes for 50 yards; Heath Miller, who caught seven passes for 66 yards and drew a pass interference penalty in the end zone that put the ball at the New England 1-yard line; Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 26-of-38 for 351 yards, with one touchdown and one interception for a rating of 95.4; Ryan Shazier, who had seven tackles, including two for loss; and Will Allen, who had eight tackles, including one for loss, plus one of the Steelers’ two sacks of Tom Brady.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Williams-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/88abc02d-69d4-4180-bdea-198290757999

86WARD
09-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Well deserved IMO.

fansince'76
09-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Definitely a bright spot tonight. And I agree, well deserved.

renayscott9864
09-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Well deserved, but the offensive line opened holes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hawaiiansteeler
09-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Well deserved, but the offensive line opened holes

that's the best I've seen Ramon Foster play in a long time...

ALLD
09-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Without a doubt Williams played to win and Foster is playing for a new contract.

zulater
09-11-2015, 05:20 PM
that's the best I've seen Ramon Foster play in a long time...

Yeah. Except for that critical hold that along with Haley's brain fart and Scobee's choke job cost us an opening drive score. Don't get me wrong. I'm not dismissing what you're saying. I think Ramon aka "The Big Ragoo" played a damn good game. I think he played most of last season with a pretty bad ankle injury. So hopefully what we saw last night will be the norm this year.

Count Steeler
09-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Yeah. Except for that critical hold that along with Haley's brain fart and Scobee's choke job cost us an opening drive score. Don't get me wrong. I'm not dismissing what you're saying. I think Ramon aka "The Big Ragoo" played a damn good game. I think he played most of last season with a pretty bad ankle injury. So hopefully what we saw last night will be the norm this year.

I thought that was on Gilbert? I think I remember 77 as the number. I didn't see it live, I was listening on the radio.

Confirmed, just rewatched the footage. Gilbert on Ninkovich.

hawaiiansteeler
09-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Yeah. Except for that critical hold

that wasn't Foster, that was Marcus Gilbert...

zulater
09-12-2015, 04:41 AM
Can anyone explain why Will Johnson is getting red zone carries over Williams? Williams has 46 career rushing touchdowns. He's scored as many as 18 rushing td's in a single season. Just because someone got a fat ass doesn't mean he has more leg drive. And besides power alone isn't what scores down in close. Anticipating and setting up blocks. Instinct, vision, confidence and will power factor in. You can't tell me a guy who scored 18 td's in a season can't power it from inside the 2.

ALLD
09-12-2015, 07:01 AM
Can anyone explain why Will Johnson is getting red zone carries over Williams? Williams has 46 career rushing touchdowns. He's scored as many as 18 rushing td's in a single season. Just because someone got a fat ass doesn't mean he has more leg drive. And besides power alone isn't what scores down in close. Anticipating and setting up blocks. Instinct, vision, confidence and will power factor in. You can't tell me a guy who scored 18 td's in a season can't power it from inside the 2.

I liked the fake up the middle with the pass attempt to Miller in the EZ, but why not run to the edge? Pats couldn't stop the run all night.

steelerdude15
09-12-2015, 10:18 AM
DeAngelo definitely deserved it. He was the best Steeler on the field.

tube517
09-12-2015, 10:26 AM

I asked that in another thread.

I mean, DeAngelo doesn't have the Bus backing him up like Duce Staley did when The Bus had 5 carries 1 yd, 3 TD's....:lol:

86WARD
09-12-2015, 10:47 AM
The one series I think Williams was gassed so they went with Johnson and Nix...if I remember correctly...

TeeTee
09-12-2015, 03:03 PM

I give you Marcus Allen to support the above. The only logical reason I can give for Johnson in at goal line over DW is we are paper thin at RB and they are trying to play it safe with DW until after next game. Maybe they think not having DW in those goal line plays will help keep him healthy? Or, they could just be being dumb asses again.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked that in another thread.

I mean, DeAngelo doesn't have the Bus backing him up like Duce Staley did when The Bus had 5 carries 1 yd, 3 TD's....:lol:

That stat line is the craziest ever.

katmandu
09-12-2015, 03:20 PM
that wasn't Foster, that was Marcus Gilbert...x2 IIRC.

katmandu
09-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Can anyone explain why Will Johnson is getting red zone carries over Williams? Haley wanted to shove the ball down the Patriot's throat with Roosevelt Nix as the Fullback and Johnson carrying.

I say give the ball to Big Dan McCullers in goal line situations. Just like The Refrigerator used to do.

steelerdude15
09-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Haley wanted to shove the ball down the Patriot's throat with Roosevelt Nix as the Fullback and Johnson carrying.

I say give the ball to Big Dan McCullers in goal line situations. Just like The Refrigerator used to do.

I could only imagine how long it would take to get him going from a dead stop. :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

Haley wanted to shove the ball down the Patriot's throat with Roosevelt Nix as the Fullback and Johnson carrying.

You know what, Big Dan could be a really good decoy for the goal line offense.

Shoes
09-12-2015, 04:57 PM

Archer up the middle could be worse, Zu. :lol:

zulater
09-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Archer up the middle could be worse, Zu. :lol:

Good point. We're sure to see it soon though. :doh:

Shoes
09-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Good point. We're sure to see it soon though. :doh:

:toofunny: