PDA

View Full Version : Fire Butler!!!!

lipps83
09-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Abysmal defense. One game and the preseason showed me all I need to see with this guy. DB's still 10 yards or more off the ball and the short game just eating them alive. Rookie LBers covering Gronk.

Any team right now can watch the preseason game against the Buffalo Bills backup QB's for the blue print to beat this defense (not that you don't have 10 years of game film of Brady doing this over and over and over). If it wasn't for the rain, Brady would have completed over 80% of passes on the night. High completion and no risk for any offense against these guys.

Get this guy out of here.

Lebeau may be gone but nothing has changed. Watch the Titans on Sunday to see how horrible they are. They were the only pass defense worse than the Steelers in the preseason.

Anyone know what the similarities are between the two teams?

polamalubeast
09-10-2015, 10:59 PM
I'll wait another week before wanting to fire Butler , but if the 49ers offense have success, it will be time to panic

Cyphon25
09-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Shit, fire everyone. I don't know if the coaching is worse or the players are. So it isn't only on Butler. Colbert and Tomlin had a lot of say in bringing in these bums.

dislocatedday
09-10-2015, 11:18 PM
Perhaps Butler knows he has no or very little talent in the secondary with which to work, and that if he puts them on the LOS they are going to get torched very quickly. Most of the missed tackles I saw were from the secondary as well. I don't think it is fair to fully condemn Butler at this stage.

Mike Mitchell was invisible again tonight outside of the strip fumble at the one yard line. This guy is robbing the Steelers with his $5M per year salary.

steel9guy
09-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Perhaps Butler knows he has no or very little talent in the secondary with which to work, and that if he puts them on the LOS they are going to get torched very quickly. Most of the missed tackles I saw were from the secondary as well. I don't think it is fair to fully condemn Butler at this stage.

Mike Mitchell was invisible again tonight outside of the strip fumble at the one yard line. This guy is robbing the Steelers with his $5M per year salary.

This. Mitchell needs to step it up big time.

B&GFever
09-10-2015, 11:47 PM
so we blame lebeau for shitty play and lack of talent in the secondary and want him gone proclaiming Butler can turn it around and when he does not turn it around we say well he lacks the players to do so ... does Butler not have any say during the draft process ?

did Butler not have some say prior to being the DC ?

I often said I had my doubts about Lebeau having much say about the draft picks , and if I now turn and say Butler may not either ... who is left to blame ?

hint , we just rewarded him to a new 3 year contract extension ...

order of blame should be ( if talking about lack of players )

Colbert as he is the GM and head of the scouting department , he is also the lead man in evaluating the teams roster and its needs .

Tomlin he has the second biggest voice in the draft war room .

Coordinators are then 3rd on the chain of command

since we seem good to go at picking Wr's Haley may be the only one in the damn room that can judge talent ( did I just say that ) ? yea I did go figure .

Butler is not your savior , we seen Gronk running free uncovered in the secondary only a fool would game plan for an event that sees that happen at any point in the game let alone multiple times , hell we seen him 15 yards from the LOS with not a B&G jersey in the frame more than once and several times with nobody within 10 yards of him after he broke his route

complete fubar...

couple all that with trading for one of the best slot guys in the NFL all of last season and I do not believe the man seen a snap ( Boykin ) he would have been the perfect defensive weapon to put on Edelman but you cant cover anything but your own ass sitting on the sidelines

tube517
09-10-2015, 11:55 PM
couple all that with trading for one of the best slot guys in the NFL all of last season and I do not believe the man seen a snap ( Boykin ) he would have been the perfect defensive weapon to put on Edelman but you cant cover anything but your own ass sitting on the sidelines

Dejan K is talking on the radio w/Chuck B about Boykin. He said he doesn't know what happened tonight w/Boykin. Another mystery...

Rotorhead
09-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Other than Edelman killing us and the 3 huge gronk mistakes our def played better than I thought it would. Now if we could just teach our dbs who they are supposed to cover we may actually win a game

steelreserve
09-11-2015, 12:08 AM
Well, we played the sit-back again and it was stupid as hell.

I guess we figure that's a good plan against New England. Here are the four guys who are rushing, here are the spots on the field that are going to be open, now go ahead and do what you want. Would you like us to count alligators for you too? Also, let's throw in a few mistakes that leave a guy basically uncovered. Good idea.

Steeldude
09-11-2015, 12:12 AM
Fire a coach after one game? What do you think is going to happen if they fire Butler this week? Do you really think the defense will change? At the end of the season I feel a choice(s) should be made.

hawaiiansteeler
09-11-2015, 12:15 AM
tbh, I thought we would give up a lot more points than 28.

if you thought the Steelers could go into Foxboro and win while only scoring 21 points then you were kidding yourself...

NCSteeler
09-11-2015, 12:16 AM
i expected Brady's Cheaters to score 50 so I count this as a defensive victory.

B&GFever
09-11-2015, 12:24 AM
when the oppositions QB is 25 of 32 and 4 TDs its not a victory on any level unless you think 7 incomplete passes is a victory ( a couple where close over throws that where undefended ) so could have been even worse

Steeldude
09-11-2015, 12:28 AM

if you thought the Steelers could go into Foxboro and win while only scoring 21 points then you were kidding yourself...

I think the Steelers should be happy it was raining.

hawaiiansteeler
09-11-2015, 12:30 AM
I think the Steelers should be happy it was raining.

and that the balls were properly inflated...

Steeldude
09-11-2015, 12:32 AM
and that the balls were properly inflated...

That too.

86WARD
09-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Shit, fire everyone. I don't know if the coaching is worse or the players are. So it isn't only on Butler. Colbert and Tomlin had a lot of say in bringing in these bums.

Not Munchak.

ALLD
09-11-2015, 06:30 AM
Coaching did a poor job of managing. They have the organization to fall back on. If they were small business owners they would be out of business with stupid sh*t like was displayed tonight.

Mojouw
09-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Make the two FGs. DHB stays in bounds. Penalty on the 1 never should have happened - make that a TD. Now what are we looking at 21+3+3+4+4=35 points.

Defense gave up 28. Sure they played terrible. Not disputing that. But did anyone think they were going to play that well? They got Brady and Gronked. It is going to happen to a lot of teams this year.

We all knew the offense would have to score between 30-35+ plus points to win. They failed to do that. Pretty simple.

polamalubeast
09-11-2015, 10:53 AM

The patriots score 4 TD in their first 6 drives.....

lipps83
09-11-2015, 11:43 AM
The patriots score 4 TD in their first 6 drives.....

Not to mention 18 straight completions to guys pretty much wide open.

They put Dupree on Gronk when they had Gronk in the slot. Timmons, okay I would understand. Shazier even. But a rookie in his very first game?

Maybe this week we should put Dupree on Boldin or Torrey Smith.

renayscott9864
09-11-2015, 01:43 PM
The secondary was awful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B&GFever
09-12-2015, 08:22 AM
the first step in fixing the problem is understanding you have a problem .

if Honest I do not know if Bulter realized he has a problem let alone understands how to fix it ...

I mean any coordinator that though it was good idea to not cover Gronkowski most of the game ( he ran free ) to me is pretty inept

fansince'76
09-12-2015, 08:52 AM
I mean any coordinator that though it was good idea to not cover Gronkowski most of the game ( he ran free ) to me is pretty inept

You mean like LeBeau did 2 years ago?

B&GFever
09-12-2015, 09:21 AM
You mean like LeBeau did 2 years ago?

was the change in coordinators not meant to " change and improve a failing system" ?

I do not see much change and no improvement , now it looks more like change for the sake of change /shrug ( that's never a good idea )

fansince'76
09-12-2015, 09:23 AM
was the change in coordinators not meant to " change and improve a failing system" ?

Yeah, but I wasn't expecting it overnight. I'm going to give him more than one preseason and one regular season game to turn it around.

B&GFever
09-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Yeah, but I wasn't expecting it overnight. I'm going to give him more than one preseason and one regular season game to turn it around.

I get that , and " fire is extreme " but I didn't create the thread , just posted in the most relevant one to the topic ...

I just do not see any changes that IMPROVED the team on the defensive side of the ball .. do you ?

fansince'76
09-12-2015, 09:45 AM
I get that , and " fire is extreme " but I didn't create the thread , just posted in the most relevant one to the topic ...

I just do not see any changes that IMPROVED the team on the defensive side of the ball .. do you ?

Not really, no. But I'm hoping for improvement in the coming weeks. The confusion we saw Thursday night HAS to get better at least, right?

86WARD
09-12-2015, 10:49 AM
I'd like to think that Butler has been watching game film since late Friday night trying to figure out how to fix whatever was wrong...

tube517
09-12-2015, 11:32 AM
I'd like to think that Butler has been watching game film since late Friday night trying to figure out how to fix whatever was wrong...

http://g03.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1qIrPIpXXXXc4XVXXq6xXFXXXm/Headphone-Repair-Earphone-Fix-sport-headset-repair.jpg :chuckle:

B&GFever
09-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Not really, no. But I'm hoping for improvement in the coming weeks. The confusion we saw Thursday night HAS to get better at least, right?

one would hope.......

Devilsdancefloor
09-12-2015, 11:46 AM
to e honest i dont think the secondary has been that great since the last super bowl trip. It was really covered up by superman safety and a hell of a pass rush once the pass rush went away the secondary was really exposed with a decline the pass rush

hawaiiansteeler
09-12-2015, 05:47 PM
the Steelers twice only had 10 men on the field, once it was supposed to be Shark and the other time Cortez.

that's usually the responsibility of the defensive coordinator and/or the position coach to send players in and out and to ensure there are 11 players on the field.

FIRE LAKE!

FIRE BUTLER!!

polamalubeast
09-19-2015, 02:31 PM

ALLD
09-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Big choke job by Butler.

katmandu
09-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Big choke job by Butler.Why is everyone afraid to call out Coach Lake as well ?

fansince'76
09-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Why is everyone afraid to call out Coach Lake as well ?

Steelers Nation likes its scapegoats to be singular in nature.

katmandu
09-19-2015, 05:35 PM
Steelers Nation likes its scapegoats to be singular in nature.I really would like to hear what Coach Lake has to say about his secondary. Someone stick a mic in front of him.

Steeldude
09-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Why is everyone afraid to call out Coach Lake as well ?

I blame him also. After his first year I brought up how the DBs' fundamentals have not improved under Lake. He may not be a good coach. Good players don't always translate into good coaches, as some people think.

The team should not have been confused at all against the Patriots. That's mostly on Tomlin and the coaches. I have always had with Tomlin as a HC. He doesn't seem to foresee problems. It's after they keep happening and cause a loss is when he finally reacts. The reaction seems to be one of confusion/panic. I don't think be knows what to do. The Steelers were unprepared again.

86WARD
09-19-2015, 05:48 PM
I blame him also. After his first year I brought up how the DBs' fundamentals have not improved under Lake. He may not be a good coach. Good players don't always translate into good coaches, as some people think.

The team should not have been confused at all against the Patriots. That's mostly on Tomlin and the coaches. I have always had with Tomlin as a HC. He doesn't seem to foresee problems. It's after they keep happening and cause a loss is when he finally reacts. The reaction seems to be one of confusion/panic. I don't think be knows what to do. The Steelers were unprepared again.

This