PDA

View Full Version : Why the trick play

KillerBs
09-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Why the trick play? After that we got the penalty. We were driving it down their throats. We had the momentum and then the trickery? Then the missed field goal. Pathetic!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

86WARD
09-10-2015, 10:49 PM
It was poor timing IMO for that play. Maybe in the third quarter when the team had a slight lead...

tube517
09-10-2015, 10:52 PM
It was poor timing IMO for that play. Maybe in the third quarter when the team had a slight lead...

This

Psycho Ward 86
09-10-2015, 10:59 PM
i think we've seen that reverse to AB throwing a pass end up being productive like once or twice the entire time Haley's been here and had a hard-on for it

fansince'76
09-10-2015, 11:02 PM

Actually, it's the kind of play you run when you're already up 2 scores, you're smelling blood in the water and are going for the jugular, not the first frigging drive of the game.

The game completely turned on that play right there. Absolutely asinine call.

Cyphon25
09-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Look, I didn't like the play but we should all at least admit that if AB threw a sweet TD pass we would all be talking about how awesome it was. Objectively we can agree it was bad timing and a bad decision when we were dominating already but we are viewing in hindsight. Let's don't forget that.

tube517
09-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Look, I didn't like the play but we should all at least admit that if AB threw a sweet TD pass we would all be talking about how awesome it was. Objectively we can agree it was bad timing and a bad decision when we were dominating already but we are viewing in hindsight. Let's don't forget that.

AB is no ARE on the gimmick WR/QB plays. :chuckle:

fansince'76
09-10-2015, 11:13 PM

The draw play on 3rd-and-goal was a sight to behold too...

Cyphon25
09-10-2015, 11:17 PM
AB is no ARE on the gimmick WR/QB plays. :chuckle:

Not many are lol.

I don't even want to get started on this. If I start talking about how bad the coaching was I might be up all night talking.

zoneblitzerII
09-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Because it was the right stupid thing to do. When it comes to stupid things, few can top Mike Tomlin.

Shoes
09-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Actually, it's the kind of play you run when you're already up 2 scores, you're smelling blood in the water and are going for the jugular, not the first frigging drive of the game.

The game completely turned on that play right there. Absolutely asinine call.

Agreed, very bad idea. The other bad idea is Mike Mitchell and Cortez Allen, what a waste of money. I'm convinced Allen is a head case, somewhere between Mendenhall and Sweed. The guy shows no urgency, misses tackles and moves around in a daze. I see nothing positive coming from these two in the future.

Steeldude
09-11-2015, 12:18 AM
All I know is it's a great thing Archer is on the team taking a roster spot.

Drazo85
09-11-2015, 01:14 AM
I would try this again. But in different situation and with Murphy throwing the ball.

KillerBs
09-11-2015, 05:13 AM
I would try this again. But in different situation and with Murphy throwing the ball.
AB's hesitation before throwing it killed the play. You could see as soon as he got the ball what the play was. If he sold it better by tearing across the line then stopping I think there would have been a different outcome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

86WARD
09-11-2015, 06:16 AM

Refresh my memory...where did he contribute?

ALLD
09-11-2015, 06:27 AM
They called that play because of self-destructive narcissism.

blackngold8766
09-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Just wasn't necessary. New season, opening drive, I think you want to send a message to a good team. "We are here to ball and we can ram it down your throat" They were mixing in run and pass effectively. All plays are successful on paper but there is a time and a place. That call then put them in a "settle for field goal" mode. We know how that ended.

lipps83
09-11-2015, 06:48 AM

There are two places on the field that you don't call a draw play on. That is near either of the goal lines.

tube517
09-11-2015, 06:50 AM
Just wasn't necessary. New season, opening drive, I think you want to send a message to a good team. "We are here to ball and we can ram it down your throat" They were mixing in run and pass effectively. All plays are successful on paper but there is a time and a place. That call then put them in a "settle for field goal" mode. We know how that ended.

Unfortunately, we are in that mode far too many times.

86WARD
09-11-2015, 08:26 AM

Yeah...that's a good call. I didn't get that at all and it just seemed like they were being rushed and not thinking about it...it was almost like a panic call.

Rotorhead
09-11-2015, 09:46 AM
That and why not keep our 100+ TD rusher IN the game at the goal line since he was hashing them all game long

steelreserve
09-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Well, hey, we need a kick returner.

You know, since they don't have kickoff returns anymore.

Texasteel
09-11-2015, 10:50 AM
It was an awful call that was executed very poorly. Like killer, I knew what it was as soon as Brown caught the ball. This maybe a bit of a reach, but I think the whole game turned on that call.

Texasteel
09-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Well, hey, we need a kick returner.

You know, since they don't have kickoff returns anymore.

I was thinking this all night. Hell, I could watch the ball fly through the uprights for a lot less.

TeeTee
09-11-2015, 01:35 PM
They called that play because of self-destructive narcissism.

Kaboom!