PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't be surprised....

TeeTee
09-10-2015, 02:11 PM
....if Pats came out running the ball down our throats. With everyone so focused on Brady tearing us up, it would be just like Belichick to do the opposite of what everyone thinks is coming.

Or, he might throw it every down for 20 straight like they did in the early 2000's. You just never know. Never.

polamalubeast
09-10-2015, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if you disappear if the steelers win tonight ...

teegre
09-10-2015, 02:13 PM
...if there are a dozen more "Belichick is awesome" threads started between now & kick-off.

:jerkit:

TeeTee
09-10-2015, 02:15 PM

You want to bet on it?

polamalubeast
09-10-2015, 02:17 PM
You want to bet on it?

No, I'm not interested

hawaiiansteeler
09-10-2015, 02:19 PM
...if there are a dozen more "Belichick is awesome" threads started between now & kick-off.

http://profootballmock.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BILL-BELICHICK-SHOOTS-BLUE-LIGHTNING-FROM-FINGERS-300x200.png

TeeTee
09-10-2015, 02:52 PM
No, I'm not interested

Of course you're not. Funny that you make assertions that you don't even believe, isn't it? :doh::doh:

86WARD
09-10-2015, 02:57 PM
I thought it was funny...but that's just me.

I wouldn't be surprised if DeAngelo Williams runs it down the Patriots throats. The Pats DL took a big hit when Wilfork left...

Psycho Ward 86
09-10-2015, 03:10 PM
You want to bet on it?

this is like the 4th bet offer ive seen you post.

what is with you and bets???

that being said, i totally agree with you

teegre
09-10-2015, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if DeAngelo Williams runs it down the Patriots throats. The Pats DL took a big hit when Wilfork left...

The key to this game will be Cody Wallace vs. Malcolm Brown.

If Wallace can move Brown, DeAngelo Williams will do just enough to keep the SS honest, which will allow AB & Wheaton to exploit that porous secondary.

If Wallace struggles, so will the Steelers.

TeeTee
09-10-2015, 03:32 PM
this is like the 4th bet offer ive seen you post.

what is with you and bets???

that being said, i totally agree with you

I like a good wager. It's easy for people to flap gums, but make them have to stand by their claims, and, all of a sudden they aren't so committed to their assertions. Ever heard of the saying, "Put your $ where your mouth is?" It can clean the muddy waters.

- - - Updated - - -

The key to this game will be Cody Wallace vs. Malcolm Brown.

If Wallace can move Brown, DeAngelo Williams will do just enough to keep the SS honest, which will allow AB & Wheaton to exploit that porous secondary.

If Wallace struggles, so will the Steelers.

This is definitely a big part of it. Traditionally, Belichick would sell out to shut down our rush, because that was our bread and butter, and he was almost always successful with doing that. But now? We were tied for most passing yards by any QB last season. That makes it kind of obvious that it's gonna take more than just shutting down our rush. That provides a bigger challenge for the Pats' D. If we DO start gouging them with Williams, it will force them to put the SS up, as you say. DW also has shown he can hit the outside as well, and turn that corner, so maybe we can still find success if our C doesn't totally win his battle.

steelreserve
09-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Who knows what they'll do, other than be giant douchebags. That's the only thing we know for certain.

fansince'76
09-10-2015, 03:36 PM

... A dozen more "stream of consciousness" crap threads that I have to clean off our Facebook and Twitter pages between now and then as well... :coffee:

fansince'76
09-10-2015, 03:40 PM
....if Pats came out running the ball down our throats. With everyone so focused on Brady tearing us up, it would be just like Belichick to do the opposite of what everyone thinks is coming.

No, we really DON'T know what Butler and crew are focused on. It's "fans" like you going "ZOMG, Brady is gonna be so pissed! He's gonna rip us a new one!" over and over and over in multiple threads who are focused on that. :coffee:

Steelman
09-10-2015, 03:41 PM
To the OP...who are they going to run it with? James White? Branden Bolden? Blount is suspended and the rest of their cast last year are no longer with the team.

They have to throw early and often.

... A dozen more "stream of consciousness" crap threads that I have to clean off our Facebook and Twitter pages between now and then as well... :coffee:

Yeah, the first week "sky is falling" diatribes. I don't envy you. :chuckle:

fansince'76
09-10-2015, 03:45 PM
To the OP...who are they going to run it with? James White? Branden Bolden? Blount is suspended and the rest of their cast last year are no longer with the team.

Please. Don't you know? Sooper GEENEEUSS Belichick can suit up any jabroni off the street and they'll gain 200+ yards!

He's been known to shit gold nuggets too, in case you're interested. :coffee:

hawaiiansteeler
09-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Tee Tee has been around a long time, I remember him from the old Trib Board...

TeeTee
09-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Please. Don't you know? Sooper GEENEEUSS Belichick can suit up any jabroni off the street and they'll gain 200+ yards!

He's been known to shit gold nuggets too, in case you're interested. :coffee:

Actually, I can appreciate your humor, but that's kind of exactly what the Pats seem to do every year. They always find backs that you have never heard of before that oftentimes just blow up out of nowhere. Had you heard of Gray, Verene or Ridley before they each went off in respective games? Brandon Bolden? Woodhead? I could go on and on but you get the point. Watch James White and Dion Lewis. They may not blow up tonight but I believe they will have their own "red letter" day sometime this season. The Pats keep doing this over and over again, and never seem very considered to bring their backs back. They may keep a few for a few seasons, but the norm is transition to new backs. They have been operating this way since Curtis Martin left.

polamalubeast
09-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Except in 2012, the running game of the pats was very average in recent years.

Yes, they had some big games, especially against the Colts, but each team can have big games for the running game.

I am not saying that the running game of the pats is bad, but they are not dominant and the focus should be on Brady, Gronk and Eldeman for the Steelers tonight.

SteelerFanInStl
09-10-2015, 05:52 PM

They have to throw early and often.

I agree. I'd love to see them come out trying to run with what they have left at RB and an OL starting a backup at C and a rookie at LG. Their OL is in worse shape than ours is.

Mojouw
09-10-2015, 06:04 PM
I agree. I'd love to see them come out trying to run with what they have left at RB and an OL starting a backup at C and a rookie at LG. Their OL is in worse shape than ours is.

We have a winner. Inexperienced backs and a patch-work o-line for the Pats and a talent deficient secondary for the Steelers should mean a TON of passing by Brady and company.

Of course I'm so often wrong that what will actually happen is the Steelers will give up 300 yards on the ground to a collection of high school players recently signed from south Boston area JV squads. Someone named Sully McMurphy will rampage through the defense on national television and Boston will simply vanish an an orgasm of "BOSTON STRONG!" exclamations.

steelreserve
09-10-2015, 06:07 PM
If Boston actually vanished, I'd take the loss.

TeeTee
09-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Except in 2012, the running game of the pats was very average in recent years.

Yes, they had some big games, especially against the Colts, but each team can have big games for the running game.

I am not saying that the running game of the pats is bad, but they are not dominant and the focus should be on Brady, Gronk and Eldeman for the Steelers tonight.

My only fear is Belichick sees something wrong with .....name it. They are not a rush first team, but can be if they decide the match ups work for them, like vs. Indy in 2nd half of AFCC game.

They are simply not predictable. Bill coaches like he's in the military, and you know the element of surprise is a big deal with war.

Mach1
09-10-2015, 07:04 PM
http://batteredbunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/B8CILUcCQAAWT5E.jpg

Edman
09-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Please. Don't you know? Sooper GEENEEUSS Belichick

Super GEENEEUSS you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeVTzWelns

NCSteeler
09-10-2015, 07:32 PM

Or, he might throw it every down for 20 straight like they did in the early 2000's. You just never know. Never.

No he's not Bruce Arians , he'll do what he knows is our weakness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokin3000gt
09-10-2015, 07:58 PM

So you wouldn't be surprised either way? Cool story bro. Definitely a sponge worthy thread.

Any other predictions Miss. Cleo?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/pWyHiV3l3MA/mqdefault.jpg

86WARD
09-10-2015, 08:47 PM
I thought it was funny...but that's just me.

So far Williams is running the ball very well!!

TeeTee
09-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Actually, I can appreciate your humor, but that's kind of exactly what the Pats seem to do every year. They always find backs that you have never heard of before that oftentimes just blow up out of nowhere. Had you heard of Gray, Verene or Ridley before they each went off in respective games? Brandon Bolden? Woodhead? I could go on and on but you get the point. Watch James White and Dion Lewis. They may not blow up tonight but I believe they will have their own "red letter" day sometime this season. The Pats keep doing this over and over again, and never seem very considered to bring their backs back. They may keep a few for a few seasons, but the norm is transition to new backs. They have been operating this way since Curtis Martin left.

I called the Dion Lewis thing. I remember him from Pitt. Low and behold, they dust off another back no one even remembers and he did a solid job. Pats always find no name backs and just plug them in.

polamalubeast
09-11-2015, 01:08 PM
I called the Dion Lewis thing. I remember him from Pitt. Low and behold, they dust off another back no one even remembers and he did a solid job. Pats always find no name backs and just plug them in.

Tomlin also spoke about Dion Lewis in his press conference before the game .....

TeeTee
09-11-2015, 01:28 PM
So you wouldn't be surprised either way? Cool story bro. Definitely a sponge worthy thread.

Any other predictions Miss. Cleo?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/pWyHiV3l3MA/mqdefault.jpg

Let's see, my prediction that the D would be porus was spot on. Or how about my take that they wouldn't be able to cover Gronk or how about the one saying their smack talk was gonna bite them in the ass or how about the one where I said Dion Lewis could end up rushing for decent yards. Any of those ring a bell, Capt. Oblivious?

Were you one of those saying the D would be solid? Or that we would be able to limit Gronk, no problem? Or that thought their cocky quotes wouldn't bit them in the ass? OK there, nice call.

http://blessingwhite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/captainoblivious21.png

polamalubeast
09-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Let's see, my prediction that the D would be porus was spot on. Or how about my take that they wouldn't be able to cover Gronk or how about the one saying their smack talk was gonna bite them in the ass or how about the one where I said Dion Lewis could end up rushing for decent yards. Any of those ring a bell, Capt. Oblivious?

Were you one of those saying the D would be solid? Or that we would be able to limit Gronk, no problem? Or that thought their cocky quotes wouldn't bit them in the ass? OK there, nice call.

http://blessingwhite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/captainoblivious21.png

http://web-tech.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/cookie.jpeg

TeeTee
09-11-2015, 01:40 PM
http://web-tech.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/cookie.jpeg

The cookie, the cookie, I'll do it for the cookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVOzPPtiw