PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Brady quickly and often best bets for Steelers defense

stillers4me
09-09-2015, 05:59 AM
Presuming the New England Patriots no longer illegally tape their opponents’ defensive signals and know what is coming, how do the Steelers get to Tom Brady Thursday night?

It might be the only chance they have because if Brady, who is said to get rid of the ball faster than any quarterback in the league, is given time, the Steelers will do the crime. Their pass-rushers say they have confidence their secondary will cover well enough to give them time to get to Brady.

They may be the only ones who feel that way........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/09/Getting-to-Brady-quickly-and-often-best-bets-for-Steelers-defense/stories/201509090094

86WARD
09-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Yes. That's always been the case. Same game plan when you play against Peyton Manning. You have to bang him around and keep him jittery all game. My fear is that the Steelers pass rush isn't good enough to get there and their LBs and DBs aren't good enough in coverage to hold that long...

TD's & Beer
09-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Wait - did Eddy just call them the Cheatriots?

Presuming the New England Patriots no longer illegally tape their opponents’ defensive signals

TD's & Beer
09-09-2015, 06:31 AM
Their pass-rushers say they have confidence their secondary will cover well enough...

Gay and Blake on the outside, Allen in the slot. Boykin appears to be the No. 4.

Is this true?

steel striker
09-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Well the last time they beat the cheats they played man and, brought pressure on Brady. Now who knows if we got the players on defense for this I guess we will find out tonight.

steelreserve
09-10-2015, 11:30 AM
LeBeau's strategy for years against the Patriots was always to play the sit-back, telegraph the four pass rushers, and then wonder why we could NEVER stop them. Had 50 sacks in the game before the Patriots? Nope, switch to the sit-back. Have the best pass rush in the league that's messed up like 6 or 8 opponents in a row? Time to switch to the sit-back. Watch other teams prove beyond any doubt that the way to beat the Patriots is with pressure? Nope ... more of the sit-back. And we wondered why we had such a bad record against them.

I have some hope we'll at least try to be more aggressive with the new guy in charge. Whether we actually have the talent to pull it off is another question. But you know what we definitely DON'T have the talent to pull off? The sit-back.

Well, tonight at least we'll find out if our defensive coordinator's an idiot or not.

polamalubeast
09-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Well, tonight at least we'll find out if our defensive coordinator's an idiot or not.

agree

86WARD
09-10-2015, 12:29 PM
In Butlers defense...Belicheat makes a lot of coaches look like idiots...

cold-hard-steel
09-10-2015, 12:35 PM
I too agree that we must turn up the heat and try to at least disrupt Brady . As always saying something is easier than actually doing something . I think long clock-eating drives that result in points will also go a long way to aid in our cause for a win .

TeeTee
09-10-2015, 02:20 PM
I mean, kind of stating the obvious. Everyone knows that the only time you ever see Brady struggle is when the rush is getting to him, see both Super Bowl losses vs. the Giants.

hawaiiansteeler
09-10-2015, 02:26 PM
from Jim Wexell:

Can the Steelers get to Tom Brady?

Are you kidding? Brady gets rid of the ball in 2.1 seconds. Well, not all of the time. In fact, in the Steelers' only two wins in nine attempts against Brady, the Steelers sacked him four and three times. They caused him to fumble in each of the 2004 and 2011 regular-season games at Heinz Field. But I'm not so sure the sacks will come off the edge, though. The Patriots are better at tackle than they are inside, presumably, because they're expected to start three rookies -- Shaq Mason, David Andrews and Tre Jackson -- along the interior of their line. That could mean good eatin' for Cameron Heyward and Stephon Tuitt, and, hey, new defensive coordinator Keith Butler's trying his best to get his boys there with four anyway. Could be a great storyline if the two tackles get to Brady. Ryan Shazier is a dart coming up the middle, too, so those rookies will have plenty to figure out.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1585006-opening-night-steelers-patriots-a-to-z

lipps83
09-10-2015, 02:33 PM
I would love to see them let Shazier loose the rush the QB, but unfortunately I expect he will spend most of his time in coverage.