PDA

View Full Version : This will make some of your heads explode

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 05:29 PM
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-destroyed-Patriots-tape-stealing-Steelers-signals-in-2002-39267006

For those who love to make mention of NE cheating, this will really get your blood flowing.

I have to say, it sure did LOOK like they knew out D play signals. That, and our play calling was pathetic that game.

teegre
09-08-2015, 05:37 PM
As Ryan Clark once said:

"Troy Polamalu was the most soft-spoken person I'd ever met; the man had nothing bad to say about anybody... but, even Troy questioned the scruples of the Taperiots."

86WARD
09-08-2015, 05:37 PM
2007 as well.

Count Steeler
09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
This is not news. However, I hope all these stories finally put the heat on Roger the Dodger. Can't wait till that idiot is fired.

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 06:07 PM
This is not news. However, I hope all these stories finally put the heat on Roger the Dodger. Can't wait till that idiot is fired.

He is growing revenue for the owners at 20% a clip per year. Rich people expect and demand a 20% growth. As long as he is providing that, he will be safe, short of getting caught murdering or raping someone, and even then it would probably get covered up.

steelreserve
09-08-2015, 06:14 PM
He is growing revenue for the owners at 20% a clip per year. Rich people expect and demand a 20% growth. As long as he is providing that, he will be safe, short of getting caught murdering or raping someone, and even then it would probably get covered up.

HE is not growing the revenue; it's doing that by itself. All he's doing is proving that the league does not actually NEED a commissioner to be successful.

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 06:35 PM
HE is not growing the revenue; it's doing that by itself. All he's doing is proving that the league does not actually NEED a commissioner to be successful.

Well, that can be debated; I tend to agree with you on this. But, under his "leadership" they are growing at 20% a clip. That's what most owners will look at. He is being paid $44 million a year to do that job. That is mind numbing.

Rotorhead
09-08-2015, 09:24 PM
He is probably hindering the growth honestly, the best ads I can remember for the NFL were the "BOOM!" ads featuring JH crushing ppl.

fansince'76
09-09-2015, 12:28 AM
Make my head explode? Not really. I always figured the Spygate thing went MUCH further and deeper than was let on at the time, hence the destruction of the evidence. I've also never forgotten the meeting between Walsh, Goodell and other NFL suits and Patriots brass and their lawyers when Walsh was fairly obviously intimidated into recanting about their taping Rams practice(s) before they played them in SB XXXVI.

Butch
09-09-2015, 03:56 AM
No us conspiracy theorist with our foil hats knew this was the case. The ones you have to worry about are the ones who so vehemently defended the shield and Der Kommissar.

From the punishments that were dished out to both Harrison and Ben to the handling of spygate had hardened many of us into seeing go to hell for what he was "a puppet" to kraft. Look as well how he handled the ravens when they had stated there were bounties put on our players and how he handled the saints, or how he attempted to handle the ray rice debacle. He has his favorites and his two obvious ones are the deflatriots and the ratbirds.

tube517
09-09-2015, 05:17 AM
This article only confirms what we already knew. My big ass head is still intact

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

86WARD
09-09-2015, 06:15 AM
I don't think I know anyone that defended the Goofdell. I mean, I know they are out there, but I can't recall coming across one of "those people."

stillers4me
09-09-2015, 06:20 AM
The good thing about that article and the other one from ESPN (and it's extensive), is that someone had the guts to lay it all out there. It doesn't surprise anyone outside of Boston.

Butch
09-09-2015, 07:04 AM
I don't think I know anyone that defended the Goofdell. I mean, I know they are out there, but I can't recall coming across one of "those people."

They are around and even on this very board. One even resorted to using a general statement of people wearing foil hats to defend his stance on defending the NFL and Go to Hell.

steel striker
09-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Most of us here always pretty much knew how shady the cheats are and, it should speaks volume when even Troy questions them. We all knew better than the Pats cheating was just a few games and, worthless Roger destroyed the tapes that's what drives me mad!!!