PDA

View Full Version : Belichick: ‘Sounds Like Ben Buttering Us Up’

TD's & Beer
09-08-2015, 04:31 PM
and then we have the reverse of smack talk....Ben and Belichick take turns buttering each other up

Belichick On Roethlisberger’s Comments: ‘Sounds Like Ben Buttering Us Up’

BOSTON (CBS) — Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had some nice things to say about the New England defensive line on Sunday, but Bill Belichick isn’t really buying it.

Asked about the Patriots’ depth on the defensive front on a conference call with the New England media, Roethlisberger complimented the “high motor” each player possesses and praised Belichick’s many different schemes.

“They keep guys fresh. They keep guys with high motors. They can be complicated at times, their defense and the front seven. They can also be very plain and basic. But even when they are plain and basic and just rush four guys, their motors never stop,” said Roethlisberger. “I think that’s probably one of the reasons why Coach Belichick kept 11 because he is going to want fresh guys in there at all times. That’s something that we’ve noticed and we are going to have to try to be prepared for.

“We are just going to keep looking at different things and try to find some tendencies. I know we won’t be able to find too many because of the genius that Coach Belichick is, but we will try to make some in-game adjustments as well,” he said.

Made aware of Big Ben’s comments on Monday, Belichick couldn’t help but break a bit of a smile.

“That sounds like Ben buttering us up pretty good, you know,” said Belichick. “Half these guys have never played against him – but that’s very complimentary of Ben to say that. We’ll see; we’ll see. I mean, look, it’s the opening game of the year, it’s Thursday night, I’d like to think everybody’s motor will be running, but maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few questions later, Belichick used his own opportunity to “butter up” Roethlisberger when asked about the quarterback’s ability to keep plays alive.

“I’d say he’s as good as anybody. There are other players that are maybe faster than he is, but he’s very hard to tackle, very difficult to get down. On top of that, he’s got great vision, very good accuracy down the field,” Belichick said. “Again, he doesn’t have to step into the throw or have a clean pocket. He can make throws with guys hanging all over him, falling down, so he’s as good as anybody we play at that.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/09/07/patriots-belichick-on-steelers-roethlisbergers-comments-sounds-like-ben-buttering-us-up/

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Belicheck also basically called Ben fat in another interview. Ben's weight of 241 was brought up by the interviewer and Belicheat said that he was every bit of 241 and that was what he probably weighed in the 8th grade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524010/article/bill-belichick-pokes-fun-at-big-bens-weight

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Bill has been doing his own "buttering up." (He should, he is best at it.)

Media gave a headline about BB poking fun at Ben's weight, saying, "241 lbs. He was probably that heavy in 8th grade."

All he meant was Ben is a big man. He went on to describe how difficult it is to stop him and how he just tears their D to pieces. In no way was his one comment about 8th grade meant as a rip to Ben, not even close.

He said trying to stop him was near impossible, citing a 400 yard passing game in a recent match up (that NE won, dropping 55 on us).

I have no idea why the media slanted that story so inaccurately. I guess to sell papers and get hits and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

Belicheck also basically called Ben fat in another interview. Ben's weight of 241 was brought up by the interviewer and Belicheat said that he was every bit of 241 and that was what he probably weighed in the 8th grade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524010/article/bill-belichick-pokes-fun-at-big-bens-weight

Read the whole story. The line about 8th grade was meant to compliment how big he is, he wasn't calling him fat whatsoever. That slant is total bull shit.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/09/05/bill-belichick-pokes-some-fun-at-big-ben-roethlisberger-hes-all-of-241-pounds-trust-me/

That "BB pokes fun at Ben's weight" is as misguided as a headline as you will find. Read ALL of what he said. He was paying him huge compliments.

polamalubeast
09-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Bill has been doing his own "buttering up." (He should, he is best at it.)

Media gave a headline about BB poking fun at Ben's weight, saying, "241 lbs. He was probably that heavy in 8th grade."

All he meant was Ben is a big man. He went on to describe how difficult it is to stop him and how he just tears their D to pieces. In no way was his one comment about 8th grade meant as a rip to Ben, not even close.

He said trying to stop him was near impossible, citing a 400 yard passing game in a recent match up (that NE won, dropping 55 on us).

I have no idea why the media slanted that story so inaccurately. I guess to sell papers and get hits and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the whole story. The line about 8th grade was meant to compliment how big he is, he wasn't calling him fat whatsoever. That slant is total bull shit.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/09/05/bill-belichick-pokes-some-fun-at-big-ben-roethlisberger-hes-all-of-241-pounds-trust-me/

That "BB pokes fun at Ben's weight" is as misguided as a headline as you will find. Read ALL of what he said. He was paying him huge compliments.

If Tomlin would do the same thing to Brady, your head would explode!

Count Steeler
09-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I have the privilege of presenting to you the president of the Bill Bellicheat fan club:

Come on Teedawg, take a bow!

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 05:18 PM
If Tomlin would do the same thing to Brady, your head would explode!

If Tomlin gave such high praise to Brady my head would explode? Why? All BB did was praise how great Ben was. I wish the "leadership" of the Steelers knew this smart move better.

- - - Updated - - -

Ladies and gentlemen, I have the privilege of presenting to you the president of the Bill Bellicheat fan club:

Come on Teedawg, take a bow!

OK, Count Canadian!

Wanna a beer, Ayyyyyyy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZCI39NWZ5g

polamalubeast
09-08-2015, 05:21 PM
If Tomlin gave such high praise to Brady my head would explode? Why? All BB did was praise how great Ben was. I wish the "leadership" of the Steelers knew this smart move better.

I mean,if Tomlin would pokes fun at Brady's weight(or another players),your head would explode!

And I do not think you listen the press conference by Tomlin during the week of the games since Tomlin always praise his opponents, even when they are bad!

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2015, 05:24 PM

I did read the whole story. He started off with a crack about his weight and then went on to compliment him.

I should've known that you'd be here trying to defend Belicheat like always.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomlin ALWAYS praises the opponent, no matter how bad they are.

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 05:33 PM
I did read the whole story. He started off with a crack about his weight and then went on to compliment him.

You clearly missed what the intended joke was. He said Ben was 241 probably in 8th grade, referring to how big of a guy he is. There is nothing more to it. He never implied he was fat, just big, and then went on to describe how tough he is to bring down or even disrupt. Read the whole thing, not just the headline. Comprehension is key.

86WARD
09-08-2015, 05:35 PM
See other than being a cheater, Old Bill's not a bad guy...

Count Steeler
09-08-2015, 05:38 PM
OK, Count Canadian!

Wanna a beer, Ayyyyyyy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZCI39NWZ5g

So I guess stereotypes are intellectually allowed? And it is ehhhhh?

teegre
09-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Cool shades, smack talk, and Belichick ball-washing... oh my.

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 05:51 PM
http://stillcurtain.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2009/12/Mike_Tomlin.jpg

teegre
09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
http://stillcurtain.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2009/12/Mike_Tomlin.jpg

LOL

Now... for a picture of the ball-washing. :rofl: :scared:

smokin3000gt
09-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Belicheck is going to regret running his mouth!!!!

Butch
09-08-2015, 07:28 PM

Exactly!!! If this had been Tomlin saying the same thing about Gronk it would have been all doom and gloom about Tomlin running his mouth and how badly the Steelers would pay for such comments.

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2015, 08:03 PM
You clearly missed what the intended joke was. He said Ben was 241 probably in 8th grade, referring to how big of a guy he is. There is nothing more to it. He never implied he was fat, just big, and then went on to describe how tough he is to bring down or even disrupt. Read the whole thing, not just the headline. Comprehension is key.

I already said that I read the WHOLE THING. Clearly your comprehension skills are lacking.

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2015, 08:09 PM

:rofl2:

TD's & Beer
09-08-2015, 08:19 PM
I should've known that you'd be here trying to defend Belicheat like always.

Poor Belicheater needs all the help he can to polish his tarnished image.