PDA

View Full Version : Steelers might not be the only vulnerable defense Thursday night

stillers4me
09-08-2015, 05:07 AM
A future Hall of Famer and other stalwarts from the defense are gone. Questions abound in the secondary, inexperience is prevalent among those assuming starting positions, and injuries forced the coaches to test the unit’s depth throughout the preseason.

Yes, this accurately describes the Steelers defense as it gets set to open the 2015 season, but it’s also true of the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, who will play host to the Steelers Thursday night in the NFL Opening Kickoff Game at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass.

New England loaded up for a Super Bowl run in 2014, but the Patriots did not re-sign their top defensive players after winning the title........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/08/Steelers-might-not-be-the-only-vulnerable-defense-Thursday-night/stories/201509080056?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

TD's & Beer
09-08-2015, 10:37 AM
54-51

A shootout

Shamarko with a strip sack fumble recovery to ice the game

Steelers win!

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 01:35 PM
It is true that the Pats' D is pretty hurting, with a seemingly bad backfield. The only reason it doesn't give me more confidence is NE has the big edge on X's and O's coaching. Belichick is a master at scheming and preparing his D. Tomlin doesn't even seem to fully grasp what's going on, like when we lost vs. Tebow in the play offs. Even after it became painfully aware to every Steeler fan on earth, that the scheme heading into that game was a horrid idea, they never altered the plan of giving any safety help on passes, not even in OT, where it took Tebow one play to score a TD because of that pitiful game plan. Will things be better with Butler? Not if Tomlin meddles and all signs point to him being more involved with D now that Dick is gone.

Count Steeler
09-08-2015, 01:43 PM
It is true that the Pats' D is pretty hurting, with a seemingly bad backfield. The only reason it doesn't give me more confidence is NE has the big edge on X's and O's coaching. Belichick is a master at scheming and preparing his D. Tomlin doesn't even seem to fully grasp what's going on, like when we lost vs. Tebow in the play offs. Even after it became painfully aware to every Steeler fan on earth, that the scheme heading into that game was a horrid idea, they never altered the plan of giving any safety help on passes, not even in OT, where it took Tebow one play to score a TD because of that pitiful game plan. Will things be better with Butler? Not if Tomlin meddles and all signs point to him being more involved with D now that Dick is gone.

Bold quote 1, Dick is around and Tomlin didn't meddle. Conclusion, Tomlin is an idiot.
Bold quote 2, Dick is gone, Tomlin will meddle. Conclusion, (pre event) Tomlin is an idiot.

Pretty much damned if you, damned if you don't.

teegre
09-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Bold quote 1, Dick is around and Tomlin didn't meddle. Conclusion, Tomlin is an idiot.
Bold quote 2, Dick is gone, Tomlin will meddle. Conclusion, (pre event) Tomlin is an idiot.

Spot on.

Tomlin saved a bunch of kids from a fire. CONCLUSION: Tomlin hates fires!!!

Count Steeler
09-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Spot on.

Tomlin saved a bunch of kids from a fire. CONCLUSION: Tomlin hates fires!!!

BUT, he should have been able to stop the fire from ever starting. Conclusion, Tomlin is an idiot.

teegre
09-08-2015, 02:06 PM
BUT, he should have been able to stop the fire from ever starting. Conclusion, Tomlin is an idiot.

Belichick started the fire. He's a genius!!! (Sidenote: all little kids must burn!!!)

fansince'76
09-08-2015, 02:06 PM
You guys are cracking me up! :lol:

Count Steeler
09-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Belichick started the fire. He's a genius!!! (Sidenote: all little kids must burn!!!)

He started the fire with the Spygate material that Goodell wanted to destroy to keep the integrity of the game. Conclusion, Tomlin is an idiot.

teegre
09-08-2015, 02:15 PM
He started the fire with the Spygate material that Goodell wanted to destroy to keep the integrity of the game. Conclusion, Tomlin is an idiot.

:applaudit:

Belichick buys Aaron Hernandez a hand gun. Genius!!!

AB tells the media that his goal is to be the best WR ever. Tomlin is an idiot for drafting such a "me first" player!!!

hawaiiansteeler
09-08-2015, 02:25 PM
54-51

A shootout

Shamarko with a strip sack fumble recovery to ice the game

Steelers win!

Dri Archer runs for over 200 yards and 4 TDs and returns both a kickoff and a punt for 2 more TDs...

fansince'76
09-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Tomlin doesn't even seem to fully grasp what's going on, like when we lost vs. Tebow in the play offs.

http://tiger.towson.edu/~sparne1/Getty_S_72512_Tomlin.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51C8SqEviLL._SX438_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

teegre
09-08-2015, 02:30 PM
This thread is gold!!!

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 02:51 PM

That is an oversimplification. And it's not mutually exclusive. An application in logic would serve one well here.

1.) Tomlin was head coach for that Denver game. He is supposed to have final say. Do you think Belichick wouldn't have observed the game plan was not working and change things up? Of course he would have. Even if his DC didn't see it that way, BB would intercede and alter the plan. I have heard him say so on more than one occasion. He has said that, during a game, when he sees his original plan isn't working, he changes it to something else, DURING the game. How Tomlin didn't see that game plan was horse shit and change it tells me he just was lost. Just imagine how hard it is to make Tebow look like a decent passer. That is indeed arduous. I don't care if your DC is a "genius" and a "legend." Your job, as head coach, is to make the final decisions, and they didn't alter their failed game plan in any way, even through OT.

2.) If Tomlin's input makes the D even worse, than that is also fail. The above is true, which does not invalidate point 2. They are not mutually exclusive. If the D remains anywhere near as horrific as we saw this preseason, there will be plenty of blame to go around. The HC does not get a pass if they can't get their act together. He is supposedly a defensive coach himself. He should be able to lead the team to decent play. If not, who do you want to blame? Pippi Longstocking?

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/pippi.jpg

Count Steeler
09-08-2015, 03:00 PM
That is an oversimplification. And it's not mutually exclusive. An application in logic would serve one well here.

1.) Tomlin was head coach for that Denver game. He is supposed to have final say. Do you think Belichick wouldn't have observed the game plan was not working and change things up? Of course he would have. Even if his DC didn't see it that way, BB would intercede and alter the plan. I have heard him say so on more than one occasion. He has said that, during a game, when he sees his original plan isn't working, he changes it to something else, DURING the game. How Tomlin didn't see that game plan was horse shit and change it tells me he just was lost. Just imagine how hard it is to make Tebow look like a decent passer. That is indeed arduous. I don't care if your DC is a "genius" and a "legend." Your job, as head coach, is to make the final decisions, and they didn't alter their failed game plan in any way, even through OT.

2.) If Tomlin's input makes the D even worse, than that is also fail. The above is true, which does not invalidate point 2. They are not mutually exclusive. If the D remains anywhere near as horrific as we saw this preseason, there will be plenty of blame to go around. The HC does not get a pass if they can't get their act together. He is supposedly a defensive coach himself. He should be able to lead the team to decent play. If not, who do you want to blame? Pippi Longstocking?

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/pippi.jpg

Oh, I get it. You can't be wrong. I should have known you meant the above post from your original post. Any logical person should know that teetee is always right. If there is a contradiction, there surely, we peons, have not read and understood, and read the mind of teetee before responding. If there seems to be an error, it is our fault. Never teetees. Got it.

Hmm, you are from Florida. Did you move from West Palm Beach? Come on steeldawg, come clean.

fansince'76
09-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Hmm, you are from Florida. Did you move from West Palm Beach? Come on steeldawg, come clean.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TeeTee
09-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Oh, I get it. You can't be wrong. I should have known you meant the above post from your original post. Any logical person should know that teetee is always right. If there is a contradiction, there surely, we peons, have not read and understood, and read the mind of teetee before responding. If there seems to be an error, it is our fault. Never teetees. Got it.

Hmmmm, more evidence of erroneous conclusions. I don't know of any "Steeldawg" and if you are implying I am him, you are mistaken.

And the whole "TeeTee can't be wrong" is a straw man argument.

When I refute an assertion in the context of logic, that speaks for itself. If you want to demonstrate how an assertion is incorrect, prove it in the context of logic itself. If not, well, you are just not demonstrating any valid points.

This move where you are claiming I am the same person as "Steeldawg".............fail.

polamalubeast
09-08-2015, 03:51 PM
The Steelers will have plenty of yards against the pats....The key will be in the red zone where the pats are often very good in defense....

teegre
09-08-2015, 03:51 PM

Truth be told: you don't even read his posts any more. One can just assume that he is talking about one of three things:

1) Smack talk

2) Tomlin's cool shades

3) Belichick having urine that cures cancer

Joking aside, that is not far from the truth.

smokin3000gt
09-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Dri Arches runs for over 200 yards and 4 TDs and returns both a kickoff and a punt for 2 more TDs...

Conclusion: Tomlin is an idiot.

:chuckle:

tube517
09-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Truth be told: you don't even read his posts any more. One can just assume that he is talking about one of three things:

1) Smack talk

2) Tomlin's cool shades

3) Belichick having urine that cures cancer

Joking aside, that is not far from the truth.

LSHMSH

fansince'76
09-08-2015, 04:25 PM
This move where you are claiming I am the same person as "Steeldawg".............fail.
Quick, do you feel it is a WR's responsibility to fight for the ball and jump to make a catch if necessary?

hawaiiansteeler
09-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Conclusion: Tomlin is an idiot.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sP_BU61_BUo/Upnkcrg6qzI/AAAAAAAAKdE/28kyrIz2egs/s320/tomlin3.gif

Count Steeler
09-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Hmmmm, more evidence of erroneous conclusions. I don't know of any "Steeldawg" and if you are implying I am him, you are mistaken.

And the whole "TeeTee can't be wrong" is a straw man argument.

When I refute an assertion in the context of logic, that speaks for itself. If you want to demonstrate how an assertion is incorrect, prove it in the context of logic itself. If not, well, you are just not demonstrating any valid points.

Take your first post that I quoted above and bolded your statements. Explain to me, without adding any facts or thoughts that are not written in your post, how I made an illogical conclusion. Remember, stay with the facts as you stated them.

You complained that Tomlin did not meddle with Dick during the Denver game.
You are complaining that Tomlin will more than likely meddle with Butler, and he shouldn't meddle.

Seems pretty cut and dried if you stick to your post. If you choose to add to your post, add some suddenness and glide, make some more assertions, then we are in steeldawg territory.

tube517
09-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Take your first post that I quoted above and bolded your statements. Explain to me, without adding any facts or thoughts that are not written in your post, how I made an illogical conclusion. Remember, stay with the facts as you stated them.

You complained that Tomlin did not meddle with Dick during the Denver game.
You are complaining that Tomlin will more than likely meddle with Butler, and he shouldn't meddle.

Seems pretty cut and dried if you stick to your post. If you choose to add to your post, add some suddenness and glide, make some more assertions, then we are in steeldawg territory.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mike+Wallace+Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+Cincinnati+hh0n Os1C4P5l.jpg :chuckle:

86WARD
09-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Tomlin is an idiot...now that's a campaign slogan I can jump on board with!!