PDA

View Full Version : I am ASKING (I am not stating)... I need info...

teegre
09-05-2015, 05:43 PM
This is not a statement. This is a question.

I buddy texted me (while I was in the pool), that Kevin Colbert is trying to trade for Kam Chancellor.

I've Googled, and seen nothing. I don't have Twitter... nor Instagram. I am asking... has anyone else heard anything about this?

Buckinnuts
09-05-2015, 06:03 PM
i read that the giants are interested in a trade with seattle

hawaiiansteeler
09-05-2015, 06:06 PM
I buddy texted me (while I was in the pool), that Kevin Colbert is trying to trade for Kam Chancellor.

we need safety help badly, I would LOVE if this happened!

but it most likely won't, Seattle's asking price will be too high and Chancellor's contract demands will be too high as well...

86WARD
09-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Highly doubt it. But if they do, send Shamarko their way.

teegre
09-05-2015, 06:10 PM

Drat. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

we need safety help badly, I would LOVE if this happened!

but it most likely won't, Seattle's asking price will be too high and Chancellor's contract demands will be too high as well...

Alas, you're probably right.

I'd trade a R2 and Shamarko.

- - - Updated - - -

Highly doubt it. But if they do, send Shamarko their way.

:cheers:

TD's & Beer
09-05-2015, 06:13 PM

same here

The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Giants have "serious interest" in Seahawks holdout SS Kam Chancellor.

Giants had talks with Seattle Seahawks for safety Kam Chancellor

The price to acquire such an accomplished player is obviously steep. He won't come cheap. The Seahawks gave a first-round pick and their starting center to the New Orleans Saints for tight end Jimmy Graham this offseason. It would likely cost the Giants two high draft picks for Chancellor.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/09/giants_have_had_talks_with_seahawks_for_kam_chance .html

86WARD
09-05-2015, 06:18 PM
If they could get him under a team friendly contract, I'd give up s first round pick for him.

Count Steeler
09-05-2015, 06:22 PM
We did recently clear 8.5m in cap space. Is this why?

TD's & Beer
09-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Trade them Shamarko, Jarvis, Cam Thomas, Dri Archer and Landry and call it even!............hahahahaha

86WARD
09-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Trade them Shamarko, Jarvis, Cam Thomas, Dri Archer and Landry and call it even!............hahahahaha

I'd throw a #1 pick on top of that!!! easily.

polamalubeast
09-05-2015, 06:35 PM
The steelers will have no draft pick if it continues!!!!!

86WARD
09-05-2015, 06:37 PM
It's not like they'll draft a player of Chancellors talents anytime soon...

Cyphon25
09-05-2015, 07:42 PM
We would be dumb not to be interested but there is nothing on it as far as I have seen anywhere.

fansince'76
09-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Doubtful, but it would most certainly be worth it...not only for the obvious upgrade in talent he'd represent, but also because it would REALLY piss off that whiny emo asshat fanbase. :heh:

B&GFever
09-05-2015, 08:23 PM
read as many as 8 teams have showed interest , but Seattle is standing firm and they believe once game checks are being forfeited he will change his tune and report

TD's & Beer
09-05-2015, 08:25 PM

I'd throw a #1 pick on top of that!!! easily.

You sold me

I'll give Art a call and let him know our decision! What a steal we have for you...

B&GFever
09-05-2015, 08:26 PM

I think that is money that is going to be used to sign our LT before the season starts ( he will be an URFA at seasons end ) so they will want to get him under contract before he has all the leverage

teegre
09-05-2015, 08:31 PM

My initial thought was Beachum and/or DeCastro.

But, Chancellor would make sense, too.

- - - Updated - - -

read as many as 8 teams have showed interest , but Seattle is standing firm and they believe once game checks are being forfeited he will change his tune and report

Drat.

hawaiiansteeler
09-05-2015, 08:35 PM
If they could get him under a team friendly contract, I'd give up s first round pick for him.

Chancellor wants to be paid, that's why he's holding out. I highly doubt he's interested in signing a team-friendly deal...

teegre
09-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Doubtful, but it would most certainly be worth it...not only for the obvious upgrade in talent he'd represent, but also because it would REALLY piss off that whiny emo asshat fanbase. :heh:

:applaudit:

86WARD
09-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Chancellor wants to be paid, that's why he's holding out. I highly doubt he's interested in signing a team-friendly deal...

Players can get paid and not put the team in cap hell...

TD's & Beer
09-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Well I heard it from a guy who heard it from the twitters that the Steelers are thinking of picking up Tebow and dropping Landry...

but you didn't hear it here

teegre
09-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Well I heard it from a guy who heard it from the twitters that the Steelers are thinking of picking up Tebow and dropping Landry...

but you didn't hear it here

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

katmandu
09-05-2015, 09:17 PM
but it most likely won't, Seattle's asking price will be too high and Chancellor's contract demands will be too high as well...A source says that Vince Williams "could" be a trading chip. His style of play is more the "old" way of our Defense and doesn't really fit well now.

Could get very interesting.

TD's & Beer
09-05-2015, 09:25 PM
I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

I write better when I'm drunk too

TD's & Beer
09-05-2015, 09:40 PM

The Drama builds...

From NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...kam-chancellor (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523256/article/giants-among-teams-interested-in-kam-chancellor)

"The Seahawks are planning for the regular season to start without the services of their star safety Kam Chancellor. Other teams are starting to inquire whether the team might be willing to move him."

cold-hard-steel
09-05-2015, 10:52 PM
you take a trade for dirty landry then i'm in . stomach in chest out be proud. Ride it out .

Rotorhead
09-05-2015, 10:59 PM
I would give up Vince W and a first for Kam for sure.

salamander
09-05-2015, 11:01 PM
I think the universe would collapse if Vick and Tebow were on the same team. :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
09-05-2015, 11:22 PM
I would give up Vince W and a first for Kam for sure.

only if they'll also take Dri Archer and Cam Thomas...

fansince'76
09-05-2015, 11:34 PM
I think the universe would collapse if Vick and Tebow were on the same team. :lol:

Dating myself with this one and you're probably too young to get the reference, Sal, but here goes anyway...

http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Black-Hole-5.jpg

:chuckle:

teegre
09-06-2015, 12:17 AM
A source says that Vince Williams "could" be a trading chip. His style of play is more the "old" way of our Defense and doesn't really fit well now.

I think Ryan Shazier is going to be special, but I like Vince Williams a lot. So much so, that I thought that they could have gone with him and drafted a safety (Déone Bucannon).

That said...

If the Steelers can get Kam Chancellor AND still have Shazier... good-bye, Vince.

86WARD
09-06-2015, 09:17 AM
I'd like to know what other teams are involved or "interested." If there are really 8, I'd love to think that the Steelers have at the very least made an inquiry. We'll probably never know.