PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger puts trust in ex-Arena league QB

siss
09-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Roethlisberger puts trust in ex-Arena league QB
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 2, 2010

The job that starts next week and runs through the first part of October will be among the most scrutinized in Pittsburgh, if somewhat after the fact, ranking just below that of Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

George Whitfield Jr. is well aware of the pressure that comes with his latest endeavor. But Whitfield looks at working with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as the professional opportunity of a lifetime.

"I cannot wait for this four-week run to see how sharp I can get him by the time week five rolls around," Whitfield said Wednesday. "He'll be ready."

Whitfield, who is scheduled to fly into Pittsburgh from San Diego Tuesday, has emerged as an unlikely x-factor in the Steelers' 2010 season. He will oversee Roethlisberger's football training while the Steelers' most important player serves a likely four-game suspension.

Aside from Roethlisberger, Whitfield is the person most responsible for making sure the two-time Super Bowl winner is ready to play when he returns to the field in October.

Whitfield, 32, trains quarterback for a living — he is the owner of Whitfield Athletix in San Diego — and he first worked with Roethlisberger right after the 2009 season in Southern California.

"I hate to call him Ben 2.0, but that's what I've been told, and I can't wait to get on the ground with him."
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697530.html

Im scared for the rest of the league. Ben 2.0 are you kidding me, the man has 2 super bowls!

You thought he was good before wait till you meet Ben 2.0. Introducing the new Ben 2.0. He's leaner, more fan and media friendly. Comes with extra shoes and bible. Respect for the media sold separately.

I want to send the man flowers and maybe some cookies...

solardave
09-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Sounds like a great way to stay in shape and sharpen his skills.

stillers4me
09-02-2010, 05:30 AM
I'm crossing my fingers that by the end of the season, we are all looking at this episode as a blessing in disguise. Here's Ben with an extra month with a trainer and a fresh body come October. And everybody crying "Cheater!" while he lifts the Lombardi! It just wouldn't be right to win a superbowl and not have the rest of the world bitch about it.

Psycho Ward 86
09-02-2010, 09:19 AM
It just wouldn't be right to win a superbowl and not have the rest of the world bitch about it.

Haha yes! I <3 haters!

steelpride12
09-02-2010, 09:31 AM
I really do thing at the end of the season all this Ben drama comes back to be the best mistake he has ever made. I really think he is working hard and his mindset is only on training, preparing and soon enough winning games.

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
I think it's cool myself.He will be keeping football related busy.The way it's going though,those plans may have to be altered somewhat.