PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Berry phones home to Australia to thank his father

stillers4me
09-05-2015, 07:39 AM
Jordan Berry was in the weight room at the Steelers facility Friday morning when Brad Wing entered and told him the news. Wing had been traded to the New York Giants for a conditional seventh-round draft choice, meaning Berry had won the punting battle the two had waged since the spring.

Berry, who didn’t even get an NFL tryout in the spring after graduating from Eastern Kentucky, did something special after wishing Wing luck with his new team.

“The first thing I did was call my dad [in Australia],” said Berry, a native of Melbourne. “He’s been right behind me from the very start. When I first started to think about playing American football, he was very supportive of it. He and the rest of my family pushed me along, especially last year when I finished college and didn’t even get a tryout............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/05/Steelers-notebook-Berry-phones-home-to-Australia-to-thank-his-father/stories/201509050074