PDA

View Full Version : Line moves to Pat -7

TeeTee
09-03-2015, 01:52 PM
I don't know what the line was previous to the Brady announcement, but it's NE by 7 now.

To be honest. all things considered, especially how bad our D has been, it could turn into a blow out, especially without us having Bell.

And Brady is so pissed, he is going to be extra motivated to carve us like a turkey on Thanksgiving.

I see Pat putting up something like 40-some points. Pgh puts up around 27. It might no even be that close.

Brady is gonna shred that horrid D all night long.

polamalubeast
09-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Brady does not need extra motivation especially not against the defense of the Steelers......The last time the Steelers played against the pats, they scored 55 points with over 400 passing yards and over 200 rushing yards.

TD's & Beer
09-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Vegas don't know sheeeeeeeeeeet - my bookie isn't even running a parlay the first week

Shamarko with a strip/sack/fumble return TD in the 4th quarter to win the game.

steel striker
09-03-2015, 02:05 PM
I know usually Brady rips our defense but, cheats o-line was having problems in pre seaon. I know pre season means nothing and, I still think the steelers will give them a game.

TeeTee
09-03-2015, 02:11 PM
I know usually Brady rips our defense but, cheats o-line was having problems in pre seaon. I know pre season means nothing and, I still think the steelers will give them a game.

But against our "pass rush?" Deebo will make a few plays, but will anyone else put pressure on? If the below-average Bills' QB shredded our secondary apart, I'm just not looking forward to what that surgeon Brady will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Vegas don't know sheeeeeeeeeeet - my bookie isn't even running a parlay the first week

Shamarko with a strip/sack/fumble return TD in the 4th quarter to win the game.

I wonder if he will even be on the field by then. He might be benched by that point.

Cyphon25
09-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Unless Harrison can quickly injure Brady and Garoppolo (and probably whoever is third string as well) I don't like our chances.

TD's & Beer
09-03-2015, 02:14 PM
I wonder if he will even be on the field by then.

Brady? yeah, we could knock him out early - nobody around the league would care if we targeted his knees

lipps83
09-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Steelers only chance is if Gronk is playing QB, and even then Pats might be able to pull it out.

#SteelersSecondary

polamalubeast
09-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Steelers only chance is if Gronk is playing QB, and even then Pats might be able to pull it out.

#SteelersSecondary

And the pass rush.....

hawaiiansteeler
09-03-2015, 02:59 PM
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

These Thursday night openers are notorious for home blowouts.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

hawaiiansteeler
09-03-2015, 03:06 PM
I don't know what the line was previous to the Brady announcement, but it's NE by 7 now.

most books had the Patriots* as -3 or -3.5 point favorites...

salamander
09-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Yeah, sorry, but given our shitty defense at the moment and our history against Brady* and the Pats*, I don't see this ending well for the Steelers.

Edman
09-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Lets look at the intangibles here...

1) Brady knows the Steelers Defense better than the Steelers themselves do.
2) Brady will be looking for revenge and has something to prove.
3) Brady has never lost to the Steelers in Gilette.
4) Brady has had career days against the Steelers, even when the Defense was good. This iteration of the Defense is much worse than the 2013 version that got handled for 55 points.
5) The X-Factor No one notices: Bill Belichick has Ben's number. The Patriots D looks mediocre against everyone else, but they always look stout against Ben.
6) Tomlin rarely has his teams prepared and ready to play.

Not being pessimistic, just being real here. Not looking good at all for our boys next Thursday. I won't be shocked by a blowout. Upset? Yeah. Surprised? No.

I'll say it now: The Steelers will be 0-1 out of the gate.

TD's & Beer
09-03-2015, 03:18 PM

.Pats -7

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Denver -4 over Baltimore

hawaiiansteeler
09-03-2015, 03:22 PM
.Pats -7

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Denver -4 over Baltimore

yes, the line is either -6.5 or -7 now.

I was referring to the spread before the ruling in Brady's favor...

TeeTee
09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Lets look at the intangibles here...

1) Brady knows the Steelers Defense better than the Steelers themselves do.
2) Brady will be looking for revenge and has something to prove.
3) Brady has never lost to the Steelers in Gilette.
4) Brady has had career days against the Steelers, even when the Defense was good. This iteration of the Defense is much worse than the 2013 version that got handled for 55 points.
5) The X-Factor No one notices: Bill Belichick has Ben's number. The Patriots D looks mediocre against everyone else, but they always look stout against Ben.
6) Tomlin rarely has his teams prepared and ready to play.

Not being pessimistic, just being real here. Not looking good at all for our boys next Thursday. I won't be shocked by a blowout. Upset? Yeah. Surprised? No.

I'll say it now: The Steelers will be 0-1 out of the gate.

Out of all your points, #6 is the one that bothers me. Is it an indictment to lose to the current world champs, on their field, opening night? There isn't a team in the NFL that would be favored to win that game at this point in time. We have 16 games, and we probably need to win 10 or more to make the playoffs. It is unlikely we win this one. Just one game. Probably among the most difficult of all our games, right there with the game in Seattle this year.

Losing this game, even in a blow out, won't bother me that much. But Tomlin being an utter failure at having this team focused and prepared until we dig a hole is a great concern for me. He lacks the ability to create urgency. He'd rather look cool with his cool shades and spin his headset cord around. The other manifestation of this trait is how this team is never prepared to play well vs. the worst teams. He fails to keep them focused. Do you think the best coaches fail at this? Do you think a Parcells or Jimmy Johnson or Belichick teams consistently fail to get focused? Tomlin runs a loose ship. Sure, players like it. But that doesn't mean it's what they need. The head coach is in a parent role, not in a buddy role. Tomlin fails on the parent mode.

TeeTee
09-03-2015, 03:46 PM
yes, the line is either -6.5 or -7 now.

I was referring to the spread before the ruling in Brady's favor...

They've been saying all along Brady would be a 5 point bump in the spread. That seems pretty low to me. Brady is only worth a measly 5 points compared to an unknown QB who has virtually never played in a real game? And it only moves the spread by 5 points. You take a 4-time Super Bowl winning, league and Super Bowl MVP, surefire first ballot Hall of Famer, who is likely to be considered the best QB to ever play the game and adding him to the game only moves the spread by 5 points? That seems loco to me. I mean, we aren't talking Montana and Young here. We are talking Brady and Garoppolo.

steelerdude15
09-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Patriots 38 - Steelers 22

Steelervinny
09-03-2015, 03:51 PM
What are you guys all smoking? We easily have the talent to win. The D is a question mark. You can't judge what you haven't seen in real games. Just ask James Harrison. I call a blowout... For the Steelers!

vasteeler
09-03-2015, 04:20 PM

To be honest. all things considered, especially how bad our D has been, it could turn into a blow out, especially without us having Bell.

And Brady is so pissed, he is going to be extra motivated to carve us like a turkey on Thanksgiving.

I see Pat putting up something like 40-some points. Pgh puts up around 27. It might no even be that close.

Brady is gonna shred that horrid D all night long.

screw that, i look at it like Bens the one whos going to be pissed. the pats get off scott free for cheating again while Ben had to serve four games for nothing.....give em hell Ben

86WARD
09-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Changing my score to 48-19 Patriots. Steelers defenses for argument sake can't stop Brady, TEs continuously eat them alive down the middle. It will be close at the half...maybe 21-19 and then the Pats will run away with it in the second half. Prove me wrong Steelers...prove me wrong.

TeeTee
09-03-2015, 04:34 PM
screw that, i look at it like Bens the one whos going to be pissed. the pats get off scott free for cheating again while Ben had to serve four games for nothing.....give em hell Ben

I agree with you on the seeming injustice comparing Ben and Brady's "infractions" but, sadly, I do not agree on what the outcome will be. Here's to hoping to be wrong. 27 - 45, Pats.

polamalubeast
09-03-2015, 04:54 PM
55-31 patriots....

stillers4me
09-03-2015, 05:19 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/11953192_10153338702906645_6776752070085430240_n.j pg?oh=4aab5058810721098afefa23b047a02d&oe=566DA268

hawaiiansteeler
09-03-2015, 05:34 PM
What are you guys all smoking? We easily have the talent to win. The D is a question mark. You can't judge what you haven't seen in real games. Just ask James Harrison. I call a blowout... For the Steelers!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1rq70e7pm1r65e4co1_500.gif

TeeTee
09-03-2015, 05:51 PM

So that means the betting public only thinks Brady is worth 4 points. That's nuts.

salamander
09-03-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't need a line to tell me that the Pats are EASILY going to hang 45+ on us. It's not pessimism, it's realism.

TeeTee
09-03-2015, 06:00 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1rq70e7pm1r65e4co1_500.gif

Yea, everyone has the right to his opinion. I think Vinny's been hitting the Steeler Kool Aid but it is his right to do so. I have no idea how we put together any semblance of a strong D, as we have seen no signs of it in the preseason. Sure, we rarely saw our whole D on the field but I don't know how they can go from colander to solid with the flip of a switch. It doesn't happen like that. They may be a little better than we have seen, but even so, they were so pathetically bad I don't seem them going from terrible to even decent so quickly.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/assets/strainer.jpg

Steelervinny
09-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Well, lets all hope I'm right. Maybe they were just didn't want to show the world how great they were, so they didn't play their best... I live on Steelers Kool Aid. Love it SOOOOOOOOO good!!!

teegre
09-03-2015, 10:12 PM

You're my type of guy.

I'm with you... BB to AB for 49 points!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, lets all hope I'm right. Maybe they were just didn't want to show the world how great they were, so they didn't play their best... I live on Steelers Kool Aid. Love it SOOOOOOOOO good!!!

This reminds me of a joke about Jonestown. Alas, the punchline is too long...

katmandu
09-03-2015, 10:22 PM
And Brady is so pissed, he is going to be extra motivated to carve us like a turkey on Thanksgiving. He got away with murder. He was happy as hell !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYhuXepBEp8

86WARD
09-03-2015, 10:56 PM
That was Ray Lewis.