PDA

View Full Version : What We Know at this Point in the PREseason

Mojouw
09-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Way too much negativity and freaking out around these parts based on one crap preseason game. Who knows, it may be a sign of things to come, but I doubt it. Here is why:

1. As long as the center of the OL holds, this team is going to put up a silly amount of points. This will cause the opposition to alter their gameplans. We have yet to see the impact of having the first team offense have multiple possessions per game.

2. Shazier and Timmons (until someone tells me otherwise, I am assuming he can play w/out limitations) may be the best set of ILB in the game. We have yet to see them unleashed for multiple quarters.

3. The starting DL has done nothing and played little together at this point. McClendon is not going to miss tackles. Heyward and Tuitt may be the best 3-4 DE combo in the league. Whatever, McClendon can't do, McCullers will do. Does anyone honestly think that if the Bills game was a regular season game, Big Mac wouldn't have been in on some of those short yardage situations?

4. Tomlin and company are seriously committed to situational football. The preseason bears that out. They have constantly and consistently played personnel packages aimed at finding the limits of their depth and flexibility. Ian WIlde isn't on the team anymore, let alone playing linebacker.

5. The secondary will be bad. Like really bad. This should surprise no one.

6. No one knows what the defense will look like come week 1. They played a ton of cover 2. They should all know cover 3. There are, I am told, other coverage schemes in football. I suspect we may see some of them over the course of the season. If something does not work, we may never see it again until next preseason.

tube517
09-01-2015, 06:38 AM
7. Landry Jones still sucks

Mojouw
09-01-2015, 08:00 AM
7. Landry Jones still sucks

Landry Jones still sucks but has shown vast improvement from cover your eyes bad to only bang your head against the desk bad.

86WARD
09-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Landry Jones still sucks but has shown vast improvement from cover your eyes bad to only bang your head against the desk bad.

This.

We also know that the sky has the potential to fall very quick this year...lol.

Mojouw
09-01-2015, 08:25 PM
This.

We also know that the sky has the potential to fall very quick this year...lol.

I have to agree with that. My optimism is getting stretched thin. Week 1 will answer a ton of questions. Most "intriguing" opener in several seasons.

86WARD
09-01-2015, 09:22 PM
That could fall before halftime...lol.