PDA

View Full Version : Coates pick makes more sense by the day

TeeTee
08-31-2015, 07:03 PM
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-knew-of-Martavis-Bryants-failed-drug-test-in-April-39053381

Knowing they'd be without Bryant 4 games really makes the pick make sense. It seemed like a luxury pick at round 3, now we get why they took him.

However, he will be just as raw as MB was at this early in the season, so I doubt he will be much help for weeks 1-4.

86WARD
08-31-2015, 07:22 PM
Depending on how Coates plays could decide the future for Bryant in a steelers uniform...

hawaiiansteeler
09-01-2015, 02:22 PM
by Ed Bouchette

--- It’s not so much the four-game suspension Martavis Bryant received that has the Steelers worried, it’s that he already has failed four drug tests since – we must assume – the combine before he was drafted. The next failure brings a 10-game suspension, which is why, as Gerry Dulac reported, the Steelers drafted Sammie Coates in the third round this year.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/09/01/Don-t-Blame-Butler-for-it

86WARD
09-01-2015, 05:04 PM
I can't see how the Steelers re-sign him with that 10-Game Suspension looming over his head at any time...

TeeTee
09-01-2015, 05:07 PM
So, how many times did he fail the weed test? Twice, at least?

That means he is dumber than a bag of hammers and is why we got him as late as we did. But i will say, his talent is really showing right now. Such a shame he can't stay off the hippie lettuce. Why can't he just chill off that until he retires, with millions in his bank account, and he can puff as much as he wants for the rest of his life. I just can't believe how stupid some of these players are. The kid has got talent. is there no one there to mentor him? Or is he just too stupid?

stillers4me
09-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Why did they draft him?

86WARD
09-01-2015, 05:10 PM
So, how many times did he fail the weed test? Twice, at least?

That means he is dumber than a bag of hammers and is why we got him as late as we did. But i will say, his talent is really showing right now. Such a shame he can't stay off the hippie lettuce. Why can't he just chill off that until he retires, with millions in his bank account, and he can puff as much as he wants for the rest of his life. I just can't believe how stupid some of these players are. The kid has got talent. is there no one there to mentor him? Or is he just too stupid?

Failed 4 tests.