PDA

View Full Version : Steelers OLB Harrison compares defensive performance vs. the Bills to Burger King

polamalubeast
08-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Steelers OLB James Harrison compares defensive performance vs. the Bills to Burger King

If you were one of the many fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers to put yourself through the torture of watching the Steelers vs. Bills preseason game Saturday you saw how bad the defense was. See why James Harrison compared the defense to Burger King.

Regardless of who was on the field, who was not playing and who might have gotten 'dinged up' during the Pittsburgh Steelers 43-19 loss to the Buffalo Bills, the defensive performance was horrid. No one knows this more than the players and coaches inside the locker room. Count James Harrison in that group of players who were simply disgusted with the team's performance Saturday in up-state New York.

How disgusted was Harrison? He began to draw comparisons of the Steelers defense to the fast food chain Burger King.

"Today was a horrible performance," Harrison told Dale Lolley of the Washington Observer-Reporter. "It was like Burger King. They were having it their way and we were serving it to them."

read more

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-nfl-preseason-pittsburgh-steelers-buffalo-bills-tickets-predictions-streaming-time-heinz-field/2015/8/30/9227325/steelers-olb-james-harrison-compares-defensive-performance-vs-the

lipps83
08-30-2015, 11:21 AM
If only he could be 29 again.

polamalubeast
08-30-2015, 11:27 AM
In the Super Bowl era.the Steelers worst defense was 1988, they gave up 421 points......

Count Steeler
08-30-2015, 11:35 AM
In the Super Bowl era.the Steelers worst defense was 1988, they gave up 421 points......

This band of fools may accomplish that by mid season.

Steeldude
08-30-2015, 11:37 AM

And about 3 years later a coaching change was made. I am not saying get rid of Tomlin, but I think at least some other coaches may need to be let go. Also, their scouting department needs a facelift.

The players aren't without blame either. An overhaul may be needed in that area, but I don't think Tomlin is capable of doing it.

Mach1
08-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Fire LeBeau he's to old and the game has passed him by. :chuckle:

This may be a very long season.

TD's & Beer
08-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Tomlin sounded scared at what he saw too

"Usually, I'll reserve judgment until after we've watched the tape. But it doesn't require a lot of tape study to kind of analyze some of the things that were issues in that performance," said Tomlin, whose team dropped to 1-3 this preseason. "We continue to be slow starters. That's disturbing. We've got to address that. Some of our young guys, who are fighting for jobs, quite frankly, are not executing with enough detail to be in consideration. And that's disappointing."

Hey Mike, your replacements can't play.

Cyphon25
08-30-2015, 11:48 AM
It is definitely a scary thought to think of none of these recent high draft picks living up to the billing. We got shredded on every level imaginable. Still some time for growth but this may be another "transition" year for the defense.

steelcityboyz
08-30-2015, 11:50 AM
There's no more discipline anymore. The players are too worried about smoking dope and counting their millions than playing football.

ALLD
08-30-2015, 12:23 PM
There's no fire. They look like they don't care if they win or lose. Collect a check and play video games.

Back when I played sports I hated losing more than I liked winning. Winning was great, but losing hurt until you won again. It was a worse feeling and lasted longer.

Steeldude
08-30-2015, 12:30 PM
There's no fire. They look like they don't care if they win or lose. Collect a check and play video games.

Back when I played sports I hated losing more than I liked winning. Winning was great, but losing hurt until you won again. It was a worse feeling and lasted longer.

Players nowadays are babied. It will get worse as time goes on. Soon there will be no practices.

zulater
08-30-2015, 12:34 PM
They should bring Keisel in Monday and sign him.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way they're not as bad as they've looked so far. It wont be a good defense. But it wont be historically bad either. Don't buy into pre-season results, good or bad.

TD's & Beer
08-30-2015, 12:51 PM
They should bring Keisel in Monday and sign him.

Troy and Ike too?

OK!

Count Steeler
08-30-2015, 06:59 PM
So have ping pong privileges been revoked?

86WARD
08-30-2015, 07:45 PM
So have ping pong privileges been revoked?

Lol...it's funny, I was thinking the same thing. As for Harrison's comments...true.

dduc996
08-31-2015, 09:43 PM
Let's not treat this lose as if all the starters where on the field for 60min.
Keep in mind , Buffalo had there OL starters in the 3rd quarter.....how many starting D did we have in ?

Mojouw
09-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Let's not treat this lose as if all the starters where on the field for 60min.
Keep in mind , Buffalo had there OL starters in the 3rd quarter.....how many starting D did we have in ?

Thanks for putting some sanity and logic into the picture.

katmandu
09-01-2015, 12:49 AM
There's no more discipline anymore. The players are too worried about smoking dope and counting their millions than playing football.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6O-04EZSZdo/TTJgdFg_uAI/AAAAAAAABPQ/5njgBS1dblM/s1600/snoop-dogg-steelers-love.jpg