PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Berry is Steelers Digest Player of Week

hawaiiansteeler
08-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Berry is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers.com

http://www.steelers.com/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/2015-Photos/2015_Gameday_CP/Pre03_Bills_08292015/Berry01_at_Bills_08292015.jpg

Jordan Berry averaged 50 yards per punt and filled in on kickoffs after Garrett Hartley was injured.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. – It typically has been against the unwritten rules of picking a player of the week to select a punter, but based on most of the individual performances turned in by the Steelers in their 43-19 loss to the Bills here today when compared to what Jordan Berry did, well, as the saying goes, rules are made to be broken.

Berry, a rookie battling second-year pro Brad Wingfor the punting job, averaged 50 yards on his four punts, with one inside the 20-yard line, and he also filled in capably on kickoffs after Garrett Hartley left the game with a right hamstring injury. Berry’s punts traveled 55, 66, 34, and 78 yards. His 66-yarder came after back-to-back false start penalties on Jesse James and Doran Grant and came out of his own end zone. Also, his first kickoff was a touchback – aided by a 15-yard penalty on Buffalo – and his second kickoff was fielded 1-yard deep in the end zone.

Jordan Berry is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: DeAngelo Williams, who had three carries for 15 yards and the touchdown that was the first rushing touchdown for the Steelers this preseason, as well as one reception for 10 more yards; Mike Vick, who completed 4-of-5 passes for 106 yards; Arthur Moats, who had two tackles and a sack; and Martavis Bryant, who had three catches for 138 yards and a touchdown.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Berry-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/5c9f67f7-2f26-4f1d-9d18-b276eb20d452

B&GFever
08-29-2015, 08:18 PM
while I agree Berry had a heck of a game . nothing came close in my eyes to matching Bryants game not just the receptions but the drawn PI calls that went his way amassed about half our total yardage on the day or more

I think they just did not want to reward him with an honor the same week he finds himself in trouble with the league

86WARD
08-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Ugh...

SteelerFanInStl
08-29-2015, 09:56 PM
while I agree Berry had a heck of a game . nothing came close in my eyes to matching Bryants game not just the receptions but the drawn PI calls that went his way amassed about half our total yardage on the day or more

I think they just did not want to reward him with an honor the same week he finds himself in trouble with the league

I agree. Bryant deserved to be Player of the Week. He had a monstrous first half.

stillers4me
08-30-2015, 08:03 AM
I wasn't able to see the game but followed it on twitter and here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a reduction to two games for Bryant since he's such a young, impressionable knuckhe....errr, I mean youth. Bell got his reduced to 2 games and he had a DUI, which I feel is worse, well barely worse, than multiple failed drug tests. Maybe having a convicted felon in the locker room isn't such a bad thing.........he can certainly give a first hand experience about what it's like to sit in a prison cell, not knowing if he'll even get to play the game again and lose everything. I hope he's freely sharing his story to the younger generation around him.

And I 'll take a decent punter any day and especially on Sundays!

Count Steeler
08-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Never a good sign when the punter is your best player. Did the bus get lost on the way to Buffalo? What we saw were imposters?

SteelerFanInStl
08-30-2015, 09:33 AM
I wasn't able to see the game but followed it on twitter and here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a reduction to two games for Bryant since he's such a young, impressionable knuckhe....errr, I mean youth. Bell got his reduced to 2 games and he had a DUI, which I feel is worse, well barely worse, than multiple failed drug tests. Maybe having a convicted felon in the locker room isn't such a bad thing.........he can certainly give a first hand experience about what it's like to sit in a prison cell, not knowing if he'll even get to play the game again and lose everything. I hope he's freely sharing his story to the younger generation around him.

And I 'll take a decent punter any day and especially on Sundays!

Bryant won't get his suspension reduced without somehow proving that the drug test was faulty. Big difference between multiple failed drug tests and getting caught smoking a joint in your car.

Cyphon25
08-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Is there any chance Wing still wins this job over Berry?

hawaiiansteeler
08-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Steelers May Have Found A Cherry In Punter Jordan Berry

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/steelers-may-have-found-a-cherry-in-punter-jordan-berry/

86WARD
08-30-2015, 08:35 PM
Is there any chance Wing still wins this job over Berry?

I kind of hope not.