PDA

View Full Version : Too late for the bubble players...

KillerBs
08-29-2015, 09:58 AM
If they have not impressed by now they are not going to....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cold-hard-steel
08-29-2015, 12:21 PM
If they have not impressed by now they are not going to....

Yeah ok coach.

B&GFever
08-29-2015, 12:28 PM
I think there is still several roster spots still yet to be determined ...

in no specific order off the top of my head ( so I could be missing someone or a couple someones )

Roosevelt Nix
Tyler Murphy
Alden Darby
Kevin Fogg
Jordan Berry
Anthony Chickillo
Ian Wild

all in my opinion still have a legitimate shot at making this football team

hawaiiansteeler
08-29-2015, 01:09 PM
I think there is still several roster spots still yet to be determined ...

in no specific order off the top of my head ( so I could be missing someone or a couple someones )

Roosevelt Nix
Tyler Murphy
Alden Darby
Kevin Fogg
Jordan Berry
Anthony Chickillo
Ian Wild

all in my opinion still have a legitimate shot at making this football team

Roosevelt Nix won't beat out Will Johnson at FB and is likely headed to the practice squad.

Tyler Murphy is battling CJ Goodwin and Shakim Phillips for the #5 WR spot but imo has a leg up on the other two.

Alden Darby and Ian Wild are battling for the #5 safety spot, if there is going to be one.

Kevin Fogg is in a dogfight with BW Webb for the #6 CB position but Fogg has PS eligibility left and Webb doesn't.

Jordan Berry is fighting it out with Brad Wing for the punter's job and it's too close to call right now.

Anthony Chickillo got off to a great start early in camp but has plateaued and not really done much recently. he's fighting with HoJo for the #5 OLB spot if there is one...

86WARD
08-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Diff and Darby are the two I'd like to see somehow fit in. I think Murphy is gonna get bounced...c/o Landry Jones.

B&GFever
08-29-2015, 02:15 PM
we all have opinion , none of us is any more in the know than the next unless we are in attendance for all the practices

the above is "my" opinion yours may differ

hawaiiansteeler
08-29-2015, 02:17 PM
we all have opinion , none of us is any more in the know than the next unless we are in attendance for all the practices

the above is "my" opinion yours may differ

and the above is "my" opinion...

B&GFever
08-29-2015, 02:19 PM
no need to be abrasive

hawaiiansteeler
08-29-2015, 02:34 PM
no need to be abrasive

no need for you to be so sensitive...

Steeldude
08-29-2015, 02:57 PM
Anthony Chickillo got off to a great start early in camp but has plateaued and not really done much recently. he's fighting with HoJo for the #5 OLB spot if there is one...

Chickillo is far better than H. Jones. It all depends if the Steelers will keep 5 OLBs. If they do then Chickillo is in. From what I have read Chickillo is still impressing coaches. He looks better than Dupree and Jarvis Jones at this point.

hawaiiansteeler
08-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Chickillo is far better than H. Jones. It all depends if the Steelers will keep 5 OLBs. If they do then Chickillo is in. From what I have read Chickillo is still impressing coaches. He looks better than Dupree and Jarvis Jones at this point.

I think you're right, it will all depend on whether the Steelers decide to keep 5 OLBs or not...

B&GFever
08-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Nix with all the first team reps at FB ( I believe , didnt see Will Johnson at all ) is he hurt or a sign of the future ?

I honestly do not know but didn't see his name on the injury list

hawaiiansteeler
08-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Diff and Darby are the two I'd like to see somehow fit in.

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Should be noted Rahrig in over Dieffenbach for second straight week. Dieffenbach in serious danger of getting cut on the 1st.

Second-team offensive line: Van Dyk-Rahrig-Hubbard-Finney-Villanueva.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

KillerBs
08-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Yeah ok coach.
I know I keep waiting for my phone to ring during games to give Tomlin advice... But dammit nothing!

My point was... And I will use Isaac Redman as an example. Through all of training camp Isaac did Ok, Tomlin was not high on him. Then came the Carolina game and he ran like a mad man. Racking up 2 or 3 touchdowns and averaged like 6 yards a carry. I remember him carrying 5 defenders on him as he walked in the end zone. The following week he was on the practice squad. I think by the (4th) 3rd week the real coaches have seen all they need to.

On a lighter note.

Funny phone call during the Tunch show this week "With everything going on this preseason with Pouncey getting hurt, Suisam injury, Gradkowski's hand, Bryant suspension and all... I STILL hate Bill Bellicheck...." [emoji14]

B&GFever
08-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Berry probably stole the job today

ALLD
08-29-2015, 07:19 PM
It's not a matter of who we cut, it's a matter of who is worth keeping on defense.

KillerBs
08-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Berry probably stole the job today
I think he pretty much sewed that up last week!

KillerBs
08-29-2015, 07:25 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse but Jarvis Jones was not tackling today.

Not that it would have made a difference...

86WARD
08-29-2015, 09:00 PM

Should be noted Rahrig in over Dieffenbach for second straight week. Dieffenbach in serious danger of getting cut on the 1st.

Second-team offensive line: Van Dyk-Rahrig-Hubbard-Finney-Villanueva.

I didn't mean to type Diff...that should've been Fogg...lol.

hawaiiansteeler
08-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Nix with all the first team reps at FB ( I believe , didnt see Will Johnson at all ) is he hurt or a sign of the future ?

I honestly do not know but didn't see his name on the injury list

Roosevelt Nix seeing so many snaps because Will Johnson has essentially been serving as the #3 TE. Lots of in-line work. #Steelers

katmandu
08-30-2015, 06:09 PM
no need to be abrasiveWelcome aboard young buck!... or young doe!

Get you big girl panties on and enjoy the show ! LMAO !

- - - Updated - - -

Roosevelt Nix seeing so many snaps because Will Johnson has essentially been serving as the #3 TE. Lots of in-line work. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_KozoraThat's awesome. Will is way under-rated IMHO and needs to be involved much more.

He's got great hands for a FB. USE THEM !

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't mean to type Diff...that should've been Fogg...lol.....I was searching around.......Who the hell is DIFF ?? LOL !

86WARD
08-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Lol...my bad.