PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Steelers QB(Roethlisberger) wants shorter ban

polamalubeast
09-01-2010, 05:02 PM
In Friday's meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Ben Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask the commissioner to reduce the six-game suspension by at least three games, bringing along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case, sources with knowledge of upcoming proceedings told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Roethlisberger was suspended in April for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy a week after prosecutors decided not charge him in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

At the time, Goodell pledged to consider reducing the length of the suspension if Roethlisberger complied with a number of league imposed conditions, including a comprehensive behavioral evaluation, and stayed clear of any other off field problems.

read more

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5520964&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

stillers4me
09-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Well, that would certainly be a welcome shock if he buys it, but I'm not holding my breath.

SMR
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
In Friday's meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Ben Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask the commissioner to reduce the six-game suspension by at least three games, bringing along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case, sources with knowledge of upcoming proceedings told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Roethlisberger was suspended in April for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy a week after prosecutors decided not charge him in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

At the time, Goodell pledged to consider reducing the length of the suspension if Roethlisberger complied with a number of league imposed conditions, including a comprehensive behavioral evaluation, and stayed clear of any other off field problems.

read more

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5520964&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

two or three games MAX is what I would go for. Ben was NEVER NEVER charged!

BuddhaBus
09-01-2010, 05:27 PM
YES!!!! He needs to fight this suspension's undeserved length in light of the recent non-suspensions permeating the league. If Goodell had shown some consistency in his punishment of players violating conduct policies or committing crimes, I would have no problem with whatever Roger decided, but since he's chosen to be such an unfair and brazen idiot, I'd like to see some fight out of Big Ben and the front office.

Oh... and a 3 gamer means he's back in time for the Ratbirds! How pissed would their fans be?!? HAHAHA!

siss
09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Im just glad the Rooneys are backing him up.

BigBenFn7
09-01-2010, 05:33 PM
If it was just Ben and his lawyer asking, I would say he had no shot. However, with Art Rooney going along, I think he has a legit shot at getting it reduced to two or three games because Goodell can push a bit of any possible backlash off on Rooney who will no doubt vouch for Ben. I hope it works out that way because the quicker he's back, the better this team's chances are at making a run.

ALLD
09-01-2010, 05:35 PM
He should bring James Harrison.

BigNastyDefense
09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Hell, he shouldn't have to serve any suspension. He was never arrested, never charged with a crime. Shaun Rogers was arrested and charged with a crime involving a loaded (with a bullet in the chamber) semi-automatic handgun.

Cedric Benson is arrested for assault, and he has a history of legal problems, and he doesn't get suspended.

Vince Young is videotaped assaulting someone in a strip club, but he doesn't get suspended.

Burghfan58
09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote the Raven... forever four

venom
09-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I've been calling for 3 games since the suspension came about . Im glad the Brass has agreed with me , lol

Crow-Magnon
09-01-2010, 06:20 PM
YES!!!! He needs to fight this suspension's undeserved length in light of the recent non-suspensions permeating the league. If Goodell had shown some consistency in his punishment of players violating conduct policies or committing crimes, I would have no problem with whatever Roger decided, but since he's chosen to be such an unfair and brazen idiot, I'd like to see some fight out of Big Ben and the front office.

Oh... and a 3 gamer means he's back in time for the Ratbirds! How pissed would their fans be?!? HAHAHA!

Well, I can answer that for you. A lot of them are saying that Ben Rapistberger shouldn't get any less of a suspension than the original 4 or 6 games, and how would you feel if that were your daughter, etc, etc.

Well, like I mentioned in another thread, most fans are homers, and it doesn't surprise me that most of them feel that way, just as most Steeler fans think that Roethlisberger is a victim and shouldn't have received any suspension, due to the fact that he was never charged.

Personally, I think there is a middle ground, but fans of either side tend to stay away from the middle.

For what it's worth, I've posted from the start that while I think Ben has acted like a complete idiot at times concerning young girls and seedy activity, it's rather hard to say he deserved a 4-6 game suspension while other players have done things just as bad (or worse) and received no discipline from the league.

Regardless, coming back after a three-game suspension and facing the Ravens may, or may not, be a good thing for Ben and Pittsburgh. He may be a tad rusty, so the current starting QB may be a better choice. It's a no-brainer to say it's certainly better for TV ratings. But I'd rather play and beat the Steelers with Ben at QB then to beat Batch/Dixon/Leftwich and have to hear, "but, but, but....if Ben was playin', the Steelers would have kicked your asses!"

Of course, they could lose, too. But I have a good feeling this year. :alcohol:

stillers4me
09-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Even when Ben gets back, there's no guarantee of wins, I agree. But everybody knows our are chances are much, much better with him. That's the main reason so many rival fans wanted to see him strung up by his cahunas rather than have to face him.

To Crow...:drink:

BuddhaBus
09-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Well, I can answer that for you. A lot of them are saying that Ben Rapistberger shouldn't get any less of a suspension than the original 4 or 6 games, and how would you feel if that were your daughter, etc, etc.

Well, like I mentioned in another thread, most fans are homers, and it doesn't surprise me that most of them feel that way, just as most Steeler fans think that Roethlisberger is a victim and shouldn't have received any suspension, due to the fact that he was never charged.

Personally, I think there is a middle ground, but fans of either side tend to stay away from the middle.

For what it's worth, I've posted from the start that while I think Ben has acted like a complete idiot at times concerning young girls and seedy activity, it's rather hard to say he deserved a 4-6 game suspension while other players have done things just as bad (or worse) and received no discipline from the league.

Regardless, coming back after a three-game suspension and facing the Ravens may, or may not, be a good thing for Ben and Pittsburgh. He may be a tad rusty, so the current starting QB may be a better choice. It's a no-brainer to say it's certainly better for TV ratings. But I'd rather play and beat the Steelers with Ben at QB then to beat Batch/Dixon/Leftwich and have to hear, "but, but, but....if Ben was playin', the Steelers would have kicked your asses!"

I agree with the middle ground theory. 2-3 games should be more than enough punishment. Ben needed to get slapped upside the head for being an ass to women. It's just harder to take anything at all with the non-discipline of certain aforementioned dummies around the league. Damn Goodell and his clusterfuck of a brain! :frusty:

SMR
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM

It's about time! Hope it will count for something!

SMR
09-01-2010, 07:31 PM

:rofl: :applaudit:

BigNastyDefense
09-01-2010, 07:57 PM

And I always counter that with, "well what if it was your son being accused of something he didn't do."

As for middle-ground, I can see a two game suspension. I would be fine with being fined two game checks and being able to play, seeing how he was never even arrested or charged and Shaun Rogers was arrested and charged with a loaded gun in an airport and is being fined just one game check.

steelpride12
09-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Well Im glad that they are fighting the suspension, but I think at this point Ben getting any lesser of a suspension should be good enough for him. IMO I think it will stay at 4 games, Godell has been hard on this case since day 1 and no matter how much Ben sucked up this offseason and at TC, I don't think it's enough to go below 4 games, but please I love to be wrong.

steelerdude15
09-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Never should have been suspended and I've been saying that along. It would be great if it was brought down to a three game suspension. He seems to have changed and we hear nothing but positive about him now.

zulater
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Yeah it's a welcome change. I think Art's disposition to the case factored into the harshness of the sentence to begin with. Like so many he overreacted to inflammatory second day witness accounts that never had to undergo the scrutiny of cross examination, which upon further examination were fraught with inconsistoncies. Anyway he being in Ben's corner could go a long way in convincing Goodell that it's time to reconsider the harshness of the original sentence.

CanadianSteel
09-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Would love this scenario... and is justified with the other personal conduct suspensions around the league... but that would take allot of explaining from Godell on why the reduction to 3 games. Maybe he will be so pleased with Ben's progress and hopefully they bring up the other suspensions as well.

I think Art should convince Robert Kraft to come along and maybe we can really get it reduced to like 1 game.

Also whats with Ben having to go through a battery of tests & evaluations, yet Vince Young attacks a guy, and also had that incident a few yaers back when he got benched and the Titans thought he was suicidal....went missing... yet he gets off scott free, no suspensions, no fine, no evaluation nuttin

tube517
09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I was going to say bring Flozell the Hotel but he would start too early and screw up the whole argument.

siss
09-01-2010, 11:17 PM
ok this pisses me off. The headline says Ben wants shorter Ben. When really Art Rooney is asking for it, not Ben. And now people are saying that Ben should just take it like a man.

Thats the crap that pisses me off. Ben HAS taken it like a man. He has not complained one bit. He has been contrite and apologetic. What more do people want? I swear they are just lOOKING for a reason to bash him at this point. How do they know that Ben wasn't ready to just take the suspension handed down to him, but Rooney thought he deserved less and approached Ben about going with him and supporting him. Im not saying thats what happened, but how do you know thats not the case?

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 02:02 AM
If Rooney is going to be there (apparently he is) that kind of gives validity to the fact that it's Rooney calling the shots on the suspension, not Goodell.

Galax Steeler
09-02-2010, 03:24 AM
Damn I hope they can get it to three games we need him back soon as possible.

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 03:29 AM
I can't wait until the whole mess evaporates,and just goes away.It is what it is i guess.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 04:39 AM
It'll never go away. It will always be in the background, especially if he gets in any kind of trouble, ever.

stillers4me
09-02-2010, 05:06 AM
If Rooney is going to be there (apparently he is) that kind of gives validity to the fact that it's Rooney calling the shots on the suspension, not Goodell.

O r maybe he wants to make sure Ben doesn't get screwed over by Goodell......again.

Texasteel
09-02-2010, 05:19 AM
Well, that would certainly be a welcome shock if he buys it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Knowing that idiot Goodell he will probably consider just asking as showing a bad attitude and have him shot.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 05:28 AM
O r maybe he wants to make sure Ben doesn't get screwed over by Goodell......again.

I doubt it. I still believe it's Rooney calling the shots on the suspension, not Goodell. He doesn't have the cajones to buck the guy who sets his salary.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 06:57 AM
It'll never go away. It will always be in the background, especially if he gets in any kind of trouble, ever.

Ben makes more $$$$ than we'll ever see. He should hire someone strictly to keep him from making dumb mistakes. A lot of NFL'ers should do that, but they don't. I mean, how in hell can you make $20 mil a year and get locked up for DUI?

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 07:00 AM
no no no. I'm talking about GOODELL'S salary. I believe Rooney chairs the committee that sets the Kommish's salary.

SteelMember
09-02-2010, 07:15 AM
but I already thought Commissioner goody goody said even if he does reduce it, the minimum would be at least 4 games. So, if he ends up getting less than that, we will find out who's really running this show.

Personally, I'm not expecting anything less than 4... which I hope we at least get that. Roger's got to save face.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 07:45 AM
but I already thought Commissioner goody goody said even if he does reduce it, the minimum would be at least 4 games. So, if he ends up getting less than that, we will find out who's really running this show.

Personally, I'm not expecting anything less than 4... which I hope we at least get that. Roger's got to save face.

Agree 100%. The only numbers Goodell has mentioned are 4 and 6. I don't see him going below 4, because like you said, he's got to save face. But I do expect it to be 4. That would make his first game back against us.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 07:49 AM
He can easily "save face" by stating that in his opinion, Roethlisberger has done anything and everything asked of him since his suspension was handed down, and that he feels a 3-game suspension is enough.

Besides, it really is all about the $$$, and a Steelers-Ravens game with Ben vs. Joe is a lot bigger draw. Goodell suspended him because they didn't want revenues to drop by people being pissed off that the NFL doesn't "care" about young girls. That's really water under the bridge now.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 07:55 AM
The only problem with that is that he said if Ben did anything and everything asked of him, the suspension could be reduced to 4 games.

Not being callous, or anything, but why do you care? You're chances of beating them are much better without #7 in the lineup.

SteelMember
09-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Believe me, I'm all for a shorter suspension. 2 games would have been plenty, imo. And yes, while it is true Roger could come out and say everything you just said and make it seem like it was all "his" idea, it could easily be perceived differently if Mr. Rooney is standing behind his shoulder at the interview. I really wouldn't care because he already looks like a tool most of the time. It's on him. That's all I was saying.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 08:04 AM
The only problem with that is that he said if Ben did anything and everything asked of him, the suspension could be reduced to 4 games.

Not being callous, or anything, but why do you care? You're chances of beating them are much better without #7 in the lineup.

Well, the #1 reason is that when the Ravens beat the Steelers in Week 4, I don't want to hear the incessant whining from you guys and gals about how things would have been different if Ben was playing. :D

But #2 is that if a man is merely accused and never charged, it kinda blows that gets a man tossed under the bus for mere accusations. I think Ben can, and has, acted like a douchebag college jock with young women in seedy establishments...but that isn't necessarily illegal. If it was Jim Sorgi, I don't think he would have gotten a one game suspension.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 08:25 AM
#1 I'm not a Steeler fan. I'm a Browns fan

#2 Jim Sorgi is not a two-time league champion, and the face of a franchise.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 08:47 AM
#1 I'm not a Steeler fan. I'm a Browns fan

#2 Jim Sorgi is not a two-time league champion, and the face of a franchise.

True. But that should not warrant getting penalized stricter than someone else for similar or even lesser infractions. It's discriminatory. If the Steelers did it, that would be on them. But the league should not dole out punishment based on "importance."

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 08:53 AM
The Steelers HAVE done it. Two players accused of the same offense. One a starter, the other a role player. Guess which one got cut? Hint: it wasn't Harrison.

The league doled out this punishment because the league was embarrassed. If it had been Sorgi, he'd have been cut.

SteelGhost
09-02-2010, 09:50 AM
GoodHell is joke. Ben should be suspended for 2 games max, and that's for his stupidity, he was not charged :noidea:

Hey Crow, I won't be one of those who say "If Ben had played, it would be another story" :chuckle: I will trust whoever is at QB while Ben is out, and I will trust our DEFENSE as well :thumbsup:

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Well, the #1 reason is that when the Ravens beat the Steelers in Week 4, I don't want to hear the incessant whining from you guys and gals about how things would have been different if Ben was playing. :D

But #2 is that if a man is merely accused and never charged, it kinda blows that gets a man tossed under the bus for mere accusations. I think Ben can, and has, acted like a douchebag college jock with young women in seedy establishments...but that isn't necessarily illegal. If it was Jim Sorgi, I don't think he would have gotten a one game suspension.

Brown-eye fan,and a Ratbird fan arguing on a Steeler site............how cool is that?

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Brown-eye fan,and a Ratbird fan arguing on a Steeler site............how cool is that?

Well SOMEBODY has to talk intelligently around here!:heh::heh::heh:

(And it isn't him)

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I never minded the ravens that much,until they took the tv rights away for the Steelers in my area,thats why i hate them more than ever. Anyway argue on,i like it.

BnG_Hevn
09-02-2010, 10:43 AM
two or three games MAX is what I would go for. Ben was NEVER NEVER charged!

There is more "behind the scenes" stuff that was factored into the decision. When the owner of your team is all for punishment, there is something amiss and it was probably meant more as a message for future behavior than anything.

Being charged has nothing to do with it. Ben obviously has some issues he needs to correct.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah. What's up with that? I know Cracktown has a much bigger fan base, but don't the TV people have any sense?

(never mind. I just read my last sentence, and I realize how ridiculous it is to include "TV people" and "sense" in the same sentence.)

(Answer to Coldhardsteel)

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
There is more "behind the scenes" stuff that was factored into the decision. When the owner of your team is all for punishment, there is something amiss and it was probably meant more as a message for future behavior than anything.

Being charged has nothing to do with it. Ben obviously has some issues he needs to correct.

That's what I've been saying all along. How many times has the Kommish met with an owner BEFORE he met with the player? I can't think of any time at all that he's met with an owner, period. I'v said from the beginning I think this is Rooney's suspension, and he's just using the Kommish as his paddle.

BlastFurnace
09-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Well SOMEBODY has to talk intelligently around here!:heh::heh::heh:

(And it isn't him)

I'd like to hear you guys debate whether Art Modell was justified in moving the Browns to Baltimore.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 11:23 AM
There is no debate. Fart stole the team, and sold out for personal gain. End of story.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
I'd like to hear you guys debate whether Art Modell was justified in moving the Browns to Baltimore.

I saw a team get stolen in the middle of the night during a blizzard. Had Baltimore built a new stadium, they'd still be the Baltimore Colts. You would think another city would have learned from that. I guess the answer was no.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I never minded the ravens that much,until they took the tv rights away for the Steelers in my area,thats why i hate them more than ever. Anyway argue on,i like it.

Where do you live? I know Ravens territory extends in PA around York and area, but I would think most of PA is Eagles or Steelers territory.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
I've heard this complaint from several Steeler fans. Must be some kind of territorial TV rights involved.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I've heard this complaint from several Steeler fans. Must be some kind of territorial TV rights involved.

No doubt. There are Ravens fans in MD that can't get Ravens games because the NFL says they're in Redskins territory.

cold-hard-steel
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Gettysburg,Pa. I pay Pa. taxes,watch a Pa. station,and like a Pa. team.There is a Baltimore station in our area also,channel 13,but they both carry the same game.Channel 21 out of Harrisburg,Pa tried to lobby to change it,but they NFL would have nothing to do with it. It was in their market area.In all my 49 years i was use to watching the Steelers on Sunday. If they don't play at the same time,then it is the Steelers.1:00 they show the ravens,4:00 they show the steelers. Or vice versa. Never happenned until the Ravens came within the market area. Seeing how Gettysburg is only 52 miles from Baltimore they think they own the market. One more reason i dislike the Ravens.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I understand your pain. The only teams remotely close to Albuquerque are the Cowgirls, the Donkeys, and the Cardinals. Apparently, the powers that be think the only two teams that exist are the Cowgirls and Broncos, because that's all we get here. (Except, of course for the SNF and MNF) I get so sick of those teams.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Gettysburg,Pa. I pay Pa. taxes,watch a Pa. station,and like a Pa. team.There is a Baltimore station in our area also,channel 13,but they both carry the same game.Channel 21 out of Harrisburg,Pa tried to lobby to change it,but they NFL would have nothing to do with it. It was in their market area.In all my 49 years i was use to watching the Steelers on Sunday. If they don't play at the same time,then it is the Steelers.1:00 they show the ravens,4:00 they show the steelers. Or vice versa. Never happenned until the Ravens came within the market area. Seeing how Gettysburg is only 52 miles from Baltimore they think they own the market. One more reason i dislike the Ravens.

Like I said, imagine living 27 miles from M&T Bank Stadium and not being able to watch the team from your own state.

I feel for you, but blame the NFL and every team that tries to protect "their" market. Why not get the NFL Sunday Ticket? I would in your shoes.

SirHulka
09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Why not get the NFL Sunday Ticket? I would in your shoes.

That's EXACTLY what they want you to do.

O'Malley
09-02-2010, 12:31 PM

Well put Hulka. My thoughts exactly. Now you can't watch preseason games without the ticket. It's bull IMO.

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 12:39 PM

Maybe so, but at least that is an option now. When the Colts moved, all I got was a steady dose of Redskins, Redskins, Redskins. I had no option.

43Hitman
09-02-2010, 01:05 PM
This thread was doing much better when we had a Brownie/Ratbird fight brewing. :boink:

Crow-Magnon
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
This thread was doing much better when we had a Brownie/Ratbird fight brewing. :boink:

LMAO!!!

Wait til the season starts.

Mtn.Steel
09-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I understand your pain. The only teams remotely close to Albuquerque are the Cowgirls, the Donkeys, and the Cardinals. Apparently, the powers that be think the only two teams that exist are the Cowgirls and Broncos, because that's all we get here. (Except, of course for the SNF and MNF) I get so sick of those teams.

Oh, but wait! I used to live in Alb. briefly and I happen to know that there is an AWESOME Steeler bar up near Tramway. Can`t remember the name, but I`m sure they`d love to have you. In fact every time I went to games there was a guy in a Cowboys jersey amongst several hundred in B&G. He regularly got doused with beer, insults and boos. He was a good sport, perhaps masochisitc and seemed to actually enjoy it. Maybe you could sit with him?

BuddhaBus
09-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I live an hour from Baltisore and listen to local sports talk on the radio to and from work everyday. Ravens fans are ALREADY losing their minds over the possibility it could be reduced to 3 games. It is absolutely hysterical what some of them are saying! They're pissed at the possibility he may make it back for the Steelers/Ravens first game and disguising their fear of him with this "moral outrage" bullshit. I always thought that Ravens fans thought Ben sucked and was a mediocre QB at best. If he sucks so much, they should be thrilled shitless that he could come back in time, right? :boink: :sofunny:

steelpride12
09-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I just think it's awesome the Rats think they have an easy win with Ben not starting that game and just a possible hint he may come back and there all up in arms and panic. I guess 2 seasons ago when beating them 3 straight times really got into their heads.

zulater
09-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Source: No 'politicking' in Friday meeting between Roethlisberger, Rooney and Goodell

Thursday, September 02, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and team president Art Rooney II will meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell Friday morning in New York, but they will not be politicking to have his suspension reduced beyond two games, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Reports have suggested that Rooney is accompanying Roethlisberger to the meeting to have his suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy reduced from six games to three games. But that is not the case.

"That door is not open," a source who is familiar with the meeting told the Post-Gazette.

Roethlisberger started at quarterback tonight for the Steelers in their final preseason game against Carolina at Heinz Field.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10245/1084684-100.stm#ixzz0yQqHRUUJ

What a shock, ESPN got the story wrong again! :coffee:

I never thought the story made much sense, maybe some in Ben's camp think Ben should ask for a reduction, but regardless he and especially Rooney know that overplaying their hand could backfire and lose Ben the very good chance he has at getting the suspension reduced to 4 games.

SteelerEmpire
09-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Come on Ben and Mr Rooney... get er' done. Use your "force"...

Edman
09-03-2010, 12:43 AM
It isn't about morality or anything like that as to why Baltimore fans are outraging at a 3 game suspension for Ben.

They're afraid of him. Ben is pretty much a Raven Killer. Baltimore hasn't beaten him since 2006.

They believe that without Ben, the Steelers are ripe for the picking and Baltimore will just coast into Pittsburgh for an easy win in Week 4. Even though Pittsburgh took them to overtime last year.