PDA

View Full Version : Ron Cook: Forget Michael Vick's past and think about his potential assets to Steelers

stillers4me
08-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Three words for those of you who are so angry with the Steelers signing Michael Vick that you are threatening to sell your tickets, throw out your Terrible Towels, burn your jerseys and never watch a game again:

Get over it.

You are ridiculous............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2015/08/26/Forget-QB-Michael-Vick-s-past-and-think-about-his-potential-assets-to-Steelers/stories/201508260092

ALLD
08-26-2015, 04:51 PM
I don't think it's a bad move talent wise, it's just a move out of desperation due to poor planning. When one is desperate there is a greater chance of making errors because decisions under duress are often made by emotion rather than logic.

fansince'76
08-26-2015, 05:21 PM
So how should it have been handled differently? How would jettisoning Jones before now and bringing in another 3rd string scrub (paging...Brian St. Pierre...) have made the Steelers any less desperate when Gradkowski went down?

Besides, it seemed like most people were against carrying a 3rd string QB at all until this past weekend. And in that scenario, guess what? Gradkowski lands on IR and they sign Vick as the best available option in a shitty situation anyway.

Sorry, I'm not getting this "poor planning" bit. If Gradkowski stays healthy, this signing is never made.

You can question the wisdom of basically wasting a roster spot on Landry Jones (God knows I have frequently), but Gradkowski getting injured is not on the FO.

People were calling to sign Vick months, hell, YEARS ago anyway, so what's the difference?

BigNastyDefense
08-26-2015, 05:51 PM
This coming from the guy who wanted the Steelers to cut or trade Ben because he MIGHT have had sex in Georgia.

Mojouw
08-26-2015, 09:00 PM
So how should it have been handled differently? How would jettisoning Jones before now and bringing in another 3rd string scrub (paging...Brian St. Pierre...) have made the Steelers any less desperate when Gradkowski went down?

Besides, it seemed like most people were against carrying a 3rd string QB at all until this past weekend. And in that scenario, guess what? Gradkowski lands on IR and they sign Vick as the best available option in a shitty situation anyway.

Sorry, I'm not getting this "poor planning" bit. If Gradkowski stays healthy, this signing is never made.

You can question the wisdom of basically wasting a roster spot on Landry Jones (God knows I have frequently), but Gradkowski getting injured is not on the FO.

People were calling to sign Vick months, hell, YEARS ago anyway, so what's the difference?

Exactly. What was the "poor plan"? Who was the better option prior to Gradkowski's injury? The only name on this ENTIRE list that even moves the needle a little bit is Christian Ponder. That's it.

Hoyer is not in the discussion because he wants/wanted a chance to start.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

I guess they should have just -- oh wait --- nothing.

Godfather
08-27-2015, 06:46 AM
Exactly. What was the "poor plan"? Who was the better option prior to Gradkowski's injury? The only name on this ENTIRE list that even moves the needle a little bit is Christian Ponder. That's it.

Yep. If there were a better option than Grad, he would have been the backup and Grad would have been on the street. And the other backup might have injured his finger.

dduc996
08-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Since when has THE NFL or any other sport or any team ever been up for electing choir boys or saints...?
The haters will disperse like roaches in the light if the Steelers win the Super Bowl with his help.

PLAY BALL !!!