PDA

View Full Version : You may not have noticed but.....

TeeTee
08-23-2015, 06:15 PM
....among all the depressing injuries (and swiss cheese D) you may not have noticed but....

1.) Jarvis Jones had a sack....using a bull rush no less. A lot of us claim he only has one move, and that is an attempt to go outside the OT. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, Jones made that sack by running right over the OT.

2.) Harrison looks to be in prime shape. That sack for a safety was classic Harrison. Who is going to push him off the field to the bench again? I don't see it.

3.) Dupree actually did something. He was active out there. He showed flashes as to why he was so highly rated. MUCH better than the Hall of Fame game.

4.) I know it was against guys who won't be on a roster in a few weeks, But Landy Jones put together a game-winning TD drive. Say what you will, but I didn't think he was capable of that in any conditions. Even in the game-winning drive, he had a lot of bad passes WRs saved him on, but he still drove for a W.

What was up with the near-empty stadium? Hate to say it, but the Jags filled a lot more seats than we did (albeit, a lot of those seats had Steeler fans).

polamalubeast
08-23-2015, 06:21 PM
The Steelers had 45,000 in this game.

Not bad for a preseason game....

For Harrison, this is important that he is not too often on the field for the first 2-3 months, otherwise he will not be the same in December and January.

Godfather
08-23-2015, 07:24 PM

So Heinz Field draws about the same number of fans for exhibition football as it does for exhibition futbol?

TeeTee
08-23-2015, 09:06 PM

For Harrison, this is important that he is not too often on the field for the first 2-3 months, otherwise he will not be the same in December and January.

There is something wrong with that stat. Did you see the stands? No way were there 45,000, unless the capacity is 100,000. Maybe the 45k were ticket sales, not actual attendance, IDK.

Steeldude
08-24-2015, 01:26 AM
Anyone notice the tackle's standard hold on Harrison on the safety play? No flag, as usual.

Count Steeler
08-24-2015, 04:59 AM
Anyone notice the tackle's standard hold on Harrison on the safety play? No flag, as usual.

Yes. I have given up. Harrison will never get that call.

SteeleReign
08-24-2015, 06:43 AM
....among all the depressing injuries (and swiss cheese D) you may not have noticed but....

1.) Jarvis Jones had a sack....using a bull rush no less. A lot of us claim he only has one move, and that is an attempt to go outside the OT. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, Jones made that sack by running right over the OT.

2.) Harrison looks to be in prime shape. That sack for a safety was classic Harrison. Who is going to push him off the field to the bench again? I don't see it.

3.) Dupree actually did something. He was active out there. He showed flashes as to why he was so highly rated. MUCH better than the Hall of Fame game.

4.) I know it was against guys who won't be on a roster in a few weeks, But Landy Jones put together a game-winning TD drive. Say what you will, but I didn't think he was capable of that in any conditions. Even in the game-winning drive, he had a lot of bad passes WRs saved him on, but he still drove for a W.

What was up with the near-empty stadium? Hate to say it, but the Jags filled a lot more seats than we did (albeit, a lot of those seats had Steeler fans).
I thought JJ looked better and Heyward looked like is usual disruptive self.

It was nice to see Shamarko flashing all over the field. Needed to see that from him.

Landry was both awful and effective. His receivers didn't do him any favors. Still dropping too many balls.

Injuries aside, it was a decent game. Still a ways to go on defense.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk