PDA

View Full Version : Steelers: Arthur Moats is ready to prove his worth

LLT
08-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Steelers: Arthur Moats is ready to prove his worth
by Perry Biggerstaff
stillcurtain.com
Aug 19, 2015

In the offseason, outside linebacker Arthur Moats turned down an offer to sign with the Atlanta Falcons. His versatility and solid play not only made him an attractive option for Atlanta but also for teams like the Cincinnati Bengals and Arizona Cardinals.

Arthur Moats decided to stay in Pittsburgh.

Even before Jason Worilds retired from football and opened the door for Moats to fill the starting spot on the left side, the James Madison graduate had made up his mind that he wanted to stay with the Steelers. Pittsburgh rewarded that loyalty with a three-year 7.5 million dollar contract. By any stretch of the imagination, that’s a bargain.

Moats is well aware that the Steelers drafted Alvin “Bud” Dupree in the first round of the 2015 draft. He understands that he is grooming his possible replacement, but is in no hurry to just hand that position over to him. Dupree will have to challenge the competitive veteran, and Moats will have to earn the right to stay on the field. For all the appreciation and the anticipation the Steelers organization has shown towards him, it’s still a business.

Read More: http://stillcurtain.com/2015/08/19/steelers-arthur-moats-ready-prove-worth/

Steeldude
08-19-2015, 12:32 PM
I see Moats winning and retaining the starting position the entire season.

As for the other side, Harrison should be the starter. The question is who will sub in for Harrison so he can remain fresh? That job shouldn't be handed to J. Jones. He needs to earn it.

LLT
08-19-2015, 12:39 PM
I see Moats winning and retaining the starting position the entire season.

As for the other side, Harrison should be the starter. The question is who will sub in for Harrison so he can remain fresh? That job shouldn't be handed to J. Jones. He needs to earn it.

Totally agree. Moats is going toretain that spot barring injury. On the other side, I know they are hoping that Jones plays well enough that Harrison only needs to spot him, but I wont be surprised t see the Steelers having to play the veteran more than they anticipated. Either way...they are going to limit Harrisons snap count somewhat, due to his age...otherwise we the fear is that we could lose him for the season

SteelerFanInStl
08-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Moats will definitely be the starter game 1 but I think he's going to need to step it up (not that anyone's pressing him for the starting job). He needs to get more pressure on the QB and be more active.

And yes, Harrison should be the starter at ROLB. Jones needs to outplay James to get that spot and I don't see that happening.