PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Waive QB Tajh Boyd, Sign WR Jarrod West

polamalubeast
08-18-2015, 09:34 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/steelers-waive-qb-tajh-boyd-sign-wr-jarrod-west/

86WARD
08-18-2015, 09:51 AM
I guess we aren't going to see him take any preseason game snaps...lol.

86WARD
08-18-2015, 09:53 AM
I don't think there is much hope for these WRs with the obvious Brown, Bryant, Wheaton and Coates making the roster. Both Goodwin and Phillips seem promising as well and then there's DHB...and Tyler Murphy.

st33lersguy
08-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Don't tell me they plan on keeping Landry

86WARD
08-18-2015, 10:00 AM
They'd be better off carrying 6 WRs, dal ending one to practice squad and letting Landry walk...lol.

salamander
08-18-2015, 10:26 AM
Kinda seems unfair that they didn't even give Boyd a chance... guess they're too stubborn to give up on L. Jones.

TD's & Beer
08-18-2015, 11:03 AM
Landry is bulletproof

SteelerFanInStl
08-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Kinda seems unfair that they didn't even give Boyd a chance... guess they're too stubborn to give up on L. Jones.
Yep and this kind of pisses me off. Not because I think that Boyd is anything great but because they refuse to even look at alternatives for Landry. He sucks and they refuse to admit it.

Drazo85
08-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Im concerned that Steelers coaches are blind. Don't understand why not give this guy at least a fighting chance.
I'm sure he isn't much worse than Jones.
Jones is going to stick, I'm afraid, for his entire rookie contract and maybe year after that as a restricted free agent, cause nobody would put a waiver claim on him, not to mention a draft pick. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer him a second contract and let Bruce go.

Steeldude
08-18-2015, 12:46 PM

Perhaps he is far worse than Landry. He was a pistol, read-option QB in college. You have to be accurate, able to read defenses and run a pro-style offense in the NFL. I am happy he is gone.

TeeTee
08-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Yep and this kind of pisses me off. Not because I think that Boyd is anything great but because they refuse to even look at alternatives for Landry. He sucks and they refuse to admit it.

Yea, I am not a fan when they put on their stubborn, ego glasses. It's like the more the fans and media push an assertion, they determined they are to do opposite of what makes sense, like refusing to give proper priority to the OL from 2005 to 2010 and then the ignoring the CB unit for all those years. Also, the refusal to realize Kordell was not a legit QB.

fansince'76
08-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Perhaps he is far worse than Landry. He was a pistol, read-option QB in college. You have to be accurate, able to read defenses and run a pro-style offense in the NFL. I am happy he is gone.

Exactly - he (and Gardner, for that matter) must have absolutely SUCKED in practice to not be able to take any snaps away from Jones. And I also don't get why so many people seem to want Kordell Stewart Redux.

If there was a better option at QB3, they'd put him out there. If it was just a matter of coach's "ego," Jones would be over Harrison on the depth chart, and not the other way around. You think they're not starting to show the egg on their faces with that pick?

polamalubeast
08-18-2015, 01:10 PM
You give too much importance of the 3rd QB of the team....

teegre
08-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Perhaps he is far worse than Landry. He was a pistol, read-option QB in college. You have to be accurate, able to read defenses and run a pro-style offense in the NFL.

I know a Steelers fan who is a Clemson alum (roots for Clemson)... and his response when Boyd was signed: "Why!?!"

Case closed.

Beyond that, didn't Boyd throw six straight interceptions in practice? If so, no need to see him during a game.

tube517
08-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Kordell Boyd was just a camp body. Next.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

TeeTee
08-18-2015, 04:22 PM
I guess we aren't going to see him take any preseason game snaps...lol.

Is it possible that Boyd couldn't even grasp the playbook enough to allow any snaps in PS? I don't grasp how so many snaps should all go to Jones.

SteelerFanInStl
08-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Kordell Boyd was just a camp body. Next.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

And Landry should be also. He's not worth a roster spot.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll never know because he wasn't given the chance to take even one snap in a game. Landry isn't very accurate and doesn't seem to be able to read a defense either but yet he got all of the snaps.

I have no love for Boyd. I'd be saying the same thing for any QB in the same situation.

tube517
08-18-2015, 08:49 PM
I've read some tweets about Boyd and he couldn't even handle a simple fundamental snap. Had too many bad exchanges.

Steelman
08-18-2015, 11:44 PM
If Bruce was healthy I wonder if they'd be paying this much attention to Landry?

Maybe they're less attached to Landry than we believe and it's simply a matter of there is nobody else behind Ben right now and the quarterback market is extremely thin right now.

And as far as Boyd, for all Landry's shortcomings, at least he's not having to spend extra time after practice with the 3/4th string center to work on taking snaps.

salamander
08-19-2015, 05:41 AM
My point being is that Landry Jones sucks and the Steelers have a proven history of being stubborn in certain things. I know Jones has looked "better", but I still feel that roster spot can be used elsewhere.

Godfather
08-19-2015, 06:44 AM
We should have picked up Tebow. He can't be any worse, there would be no media circus/QB controversy with Ben as the starter, and he could go in and line up next to Ben in the red zone to make the offense completely unpredictable.

Steeldude
08-19-2015, 07:46 AM
I've read some tweets about Boyd and he couldn't even handle a simple fundamental snap. Had too many bad exchanges.

It makes sense. He never took a snap under center in college.

- - - Updated - - -

And Landry should be also. He's not worth a roster spot.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll never know because he wasn't given the chance to take even one snap in a game. Landry isn't very accurate and doesn't seem to be able to read a defense either but yet he got all of the snaps.

I have no love for Boyd. I'd be saying the same thing for any QB in the same situation.

He was given chances in practice. From what I heard he was horrible. Also, he was still trying to figure out how to receive a snap from under the center.

86WARD
08-19-2015, 08:00 AM
We should have picked up Tebow. He can't be any worse, there would be no media circus/QB controversy with Ben as the starter, and he could go in and line up next to Ben in the red zone to make the offense completely unpredictable.

Tebow will be a two point machine for the Eagles. He's gonna be "something special" this year...just ask the media outlets...

steelreserve
08-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Everything I heard about Boyd was that he really, really sucked. Like, sucked BAD.

However, that's no excuse for giving ALL of the snaps in the first two preseason games to a guy who also sucks and we already knew it. Jones doesn't get it and should've been off the team by now, and we should've brought in somebody, anybody, to see if they were any better; I don't care if it was a street free agent or a guy from the Arena League. Literally, JaMarcus Russell probably has more poise and accuracy than this waste of a roster spot.

All this over a fkn 4th-round pick that they are too stubborn to admit didn't pan out. I know teams place a huge value on draft picks these days, but they're not worth anything when you've already got the player and he sucks ass.

86WARD
08-19-2015, 10:31 AM
I can understand why they gave the snaps to Jones and if Boyd was that terrible, there's no reason to waste the time putting him in and taking from Jones (who I think is progressing...albeit VERY slow). I still want to see Jones get cut...lol.

86WARD
08-19-2015, 10:32 AM
For the record, I'd take Jones over Russell...lol.

steelreserve
08-19-2015, 01:26 PM
For the record, I'd take Jones over Russell...lol.

I probably wouldn't, and I saw firsthand how bad Russell was. Jones is just as bad if not worse, and his QB rating is about the same. The difference is Jones is looking that bad and putting up those numbers in preseason against third- and fourth-stringers. Of course he looks like he's improved this preseason, duh - he gets extended action against players who are not NFL caliber. At least Russell won a few games in the regular season against legitimate starters. I can't even begin to imagine how badly Jones would do against a real defense.

SteelerFanInStl
08-19-2015, 04:19 PM
As long as Russell brings the Purple Drank, I'm with him. :alcoholic:

hawaiiansteeler
08-19-2015, 06:55 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1379627460_VuaTt8PeS0i7NuoqQXsZ_purple_drank.jpg

86WARD
08-19-2015, 07:20 PM

Lol.

86WARD
08-19-2015, 07:21 PM
I probably wouldn't, and I saw firsthand how bad Russell was. Jones is just as bad if not worse, and his QB rating is about the same. The difference is Jones is looking that bad and putting up those numbers in preseason against third- and fourth-stringers. Of course he looks like he's improved this preseason, duh - he gets extended action against players who are not NFL caliber. At least Russell won a few games in the regular season against legitimate starters. I can't even begin to imagine how badly Jones would do against a real defense.

You don't really know though because Jones has never played with a real starting team in front of him...