PDA

View Full Version : Memories...

jkirchel
08-15-2015, 08:09 AM
When I was 6 years old I remember my parents jumping up and down screaming in the basement of our south beaver home. On the radio (because the game was blacked out) the announcer was losing his mind. I asked my dad what was happening and he screamed WE WON. We won! Franco had just made an unbelievable catch and ran for the touchdown. We lost the next week to the unbeaten Dolphins but it started me on what has consumed my life every winter for the past 43 years.

What is your first memory of why you bleed black and gold.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tube517
08-15-2015, 08:53 AM
Super Bowl IX

I remember the old graphics of NBC and Curt Gowdy as the Steelers won on a wet field and with a dominant defense. We shut down a very good Vikings offense and the purple team had a solid d as well.

I didn't understand football yet (was 7 years old) but learned quickly during the 75 season leading to a repeat championship.

ALLD
08-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Watching SB IX in Miami at my Friend's birthday party. I was the only Steeler fan among a sea of Dolphin fans going for the Vikes. I also remember watching the Immaculate Reception on the news.

86WARD
08-15-2015, 09:06 AM
Super Bowl X. Dad was/is a Cowboys fan...I decided to go with the Steelers. Had neighbors who were originally from Pittsburgh too. That helped.

steelerdude15
08-15-2015, 11:57 AM
It was watching the Steelers vs the Cardinals in my Uncle's basement in State Line, PA. I remember Levon Kirkland going untouched into the backfield and sacking the Cardinals quarterback.

Count Steeler
08-15-2015, 12:34 PM
The 1976 Steelers defense.

BigNastyDefense
08-16-2015, 03:07 PM
The 1993 season was the first time I really watched football. I was around 8 years old at the time, my Grandpa the reason I was a Steelers fan in Cleveland to begin with.

Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland (a LB shouldn't be allowed to be that big), and Kevin Greene at LB just blowing plays up. Rod Woodson with his interceptions, Carnell Lake making receivers fear going across the middle.

After that, the Steelers became my new obsession.

86WARD
08-17-2015, 05:29 AM
The 1993 season was the first time I really watched football. I was around 8 years old at the time, my Grandpa the reason I was a Steelers fan in Cleveland to begin with.

Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland (a LB shouldn't be allowed to be that big), and Kevin Greene at LB just blowing plays up. Rod Woodson with his interceptions, Carnell Lake making receivers fear going across the middle.

After that, the Steelers became my new obsession.

Hat defense was pretty ridiculous...

BigNastyDefense
08-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Hat defense was pretty ridiculous...

Only if it had an offense good enough to match it....

86WARD
08-17-2015, 01:49 PM
There would've been at least 2 more Super Bowls in that trophy case had they had a decent QB and offense...even only a pass game to rival the run game...

teegre
08-17-2015, 03:49 PM
I remember sitting on my dad's lap.

I rememebr watching Joe Greene (he was the only player who I actually knew).

I remember my dad yelling at the quarterback, and then cheering that same quarterback.

I remember thinking: "These guys are just running into each other; strange... that looks like fun."

I remember wearing my Steelers gear to school... specifically on picture day.

Shoes
08-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Most of the *Steeler Fans* at Forbes Field and Pitt stadium were rooting against the Steelers in the early 60's.