PDA

View Full Version : Landry needs to go.

jkirchel
08-14-2015, 07:55 PM
2 missed passes and then a sack in a 2 min. drill.

Now I promised myself that all of my posts would have a positive also... So..

At least he didn't fumble [emoji14]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

clemdawg
08-14-2015, 07:58 PM
I don't think he's all that talented myself.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
08-14-2015, 08:04 PM
if I was a boxer getting my ass kicked i wouldnt even trust landry jones to be accurate enough to throw the towel into the ring

86WARD
08-14-2015, 08:06 PM
He was doing alright there for a moment...lol. Making some good throws, quick decisions and then he just crumbled...he's two years too long on this roster...if he's there on opening day, its a travesty.

jkirchel
08-14-2015, 08:24 PM
If he is it means he has pictures of someone doing something they shouldn't be http://etruesports.com/files/Image/Jerry%20Jones_hookers2.jpg

SteelerFanInStl
08-14-2015, 08:27 PM
He sucks. The sooner they cut him and move on, the better.

steelerdude15
08-14-2015, 08:54 PM
Sorry to tell everyone, but he is playing a lot and that tells me that the coaching staff believes in him and will keep him. Don't worry though, he'll be our third string quarterback.

Psycho Ward 86
08-14-2015, 09:12 PM
this has already been said before a thousand times but it cant be reiterated enough.

there really is no point in having a player that bad on the roster at all. if we ever get to a point where landry is the only QB standing, we're fucked anyways

jkirchel
08-14-2015, 09:16 PM
That was better.

86WARD
08-14-2015, 09:20 PM
He looked okay on that TD drive. He didn't get a lot of help from the WRs though...

hawaiiansteeler
08-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Ben needs to be benched and Landry Jones should be named the immediate starter...

86WARD
08-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Ben needs to be benched and Landry Jones should be named the immediate starter...

Bench Ben...but Landry isn't starting over Gradkowski...you're being silly. :eyebrows:

hawaiiansteeler
08-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Bench Ben...but Landry isn't starting over Gradkowski...you're being silly. :eyebrows:

yeah, you're right. I got all carried away there...

86WARD
08-14-2015, 09:34 PM
yeah, you're right. I got all carried away there...

That's what I am here for...to keep you in check.

hawaiiansteeler
08-14-2015, 09:36 PM
That's what I am here for...to keep you in check.

thanks man, you're a voice of reason! :drink:

Devilsdancefloor
08-14-2015, 10:04 PM
landry actually reminds me of bubby great throws then all of a sudden cant hit the broad side of the barn and starts to panic

katmandu
08-14-2015, 10:05 PM
landry actually reminds me of bubby great throws then all of a sudden cant hit the broad side of the barn and starts to panicI knew he reminded me of somebody. Bubby

jkirchel
08-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Cliff Stoudt... Problem was he wouldn't over throw receivers. He would throw it into the ground 3 feet in front of them. And to think we were supposed to have drafted Dan Marino to replace Bradshaw. We would have had 3 more Super Bowls in the 80's.

st33lersguy
08-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Give Boyd a chance for crying out loud

hawaiiansteeler
08-14-2015, 11:45 PM
Landry threw the ball 46 times without an interception, I wouldn't have thought that possible...

steelreserve
08-14-2015, 11:50 PM
Wow, it seems like they're really committed to not giving anyone else a chance to touch the ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of preseason to give a bunch of different players the chance to get on the field so you can evaluate them? Were we in the crapper when they made that announcement?

hawaiiansteeler
08-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Wow, it seems like they're really committed to not giving anyone else a chance to touch the ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of preseason to give a bunch of different players the chance to get on the field so you can evaluate them? Were we in the crapper when they made that announcement?

I think Tomlin and Haley really want to see whether or not to keep Landry Jones or whether to move on without him...

steelreserve
08-15-2015, 12:10 AM
I think Tomlin and Haley really want to see whether or not to keep Landry Jones or whether to move on without him...

They're that dense?

86WARD
08-15-2015, 05:32 AM
As much as I am not a Landry Jones fan and I do think he's getting better...I like him better than Mark Malone. I'd take Bubby over all the scrub QBs mentioned here...

TD's & Beer
08-15-2015, 06:26 AM
The Jags announcers were saying Landry is Tomlin's pet project - he really loves him. We'll never cut him.

You know what I say

Bring back Charlie Batch!

jkirchel
08-15-2015, 07:19 AM
LOL Lets hope that doesn't need to happen. I remember we hung onto Tomazak for way too long for the same reason... He shows up to all the PR events.

polamalubeast
08-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Landry threw the ball 46 times without an interception, I wouldn't have thought that possible...

Checkdown after checkdown after checkdown.....

blackngold8766
08-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Agree. In all fairness to a QB who is on the fence, you have to give him lots of game opportunity. They just did and now they need to part ways!

TD's & Beer
08-15-2015, 08:21 AM
As much as I am not a Landry Jones fan and I do think he's getting better....

Well, I'm tired of looking at him - but I can't get too upset over a 3rd string QB.

he needs to put more air under the ball or something - find some touch, he throws ropes right into defenders too much

86WARD
08-15-2015, 09:10 AM
I agree though TD. Even though he is getting better, I'd prefer to use that roster spot for something else...and I do mean something...

stillers4me
08-15-2015, 09:15 AM
The Jags announcers were saying Landry is Tomlin's pet project - he really loves him. We'll never cut him.

You know what I say

Charlie was waaaaaayyyyy better than Landry Jones will ever be!

- - - Updated - - -

Watch that throw to Coates again. That would easily have been a pick by a starting DB on most teams.

86WARD
08-15-2015, 09:25 AM
There were a couple throws Landry made that would've been picked off by a starting DB. That one incompletion in the end zone was the best example IMO and it most likely would've went for 105 yards and 6.

stillers4me
08-15-2015, 09:29 AM
There were a couple throws Landry made that would've been picked off by a starting DB. That one incompletion in the end zone was the best example IMO and it most likely would've went for 105 yards and 6.

Great catch by Coates...which shows his potential. But in a real game situation, that was just another bad decision by Landry Jones.

Craic
08-15-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure what everyone's going on about. Jaguars look to be in a combination zone/man coverage, and the underneath guy had great position for zone. That ball was thrown where only one player could get it. It was a great throw. There's half a dozen more throws to rip him for, this one, I believe, isn't one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what I say

Please, Lord no.

I love Batch as a person. I think he doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves for helping Ben develop into the QB he is today. But Batch as a QB? Just, no.

polamalubeast
08-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Batch could win some games(6-3 with the steelers)....He was a Good Backup...

Jones is completely bad....He is a 0-16 QB

Psycho Ward 86
08-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Checkdown after checkdown after checkdown.....

honestly, i hold my breath everytime he throws a checkdown. im just baffled when they arent picked off

steelerdude15
08-15-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm going back and watching the past two preseason games with the NFL's Game Pass and a lot of the issues for Landry are because of the offensive line. When the first team line is in, Landry has more time to hit his receivers and is making better throws if he isn't overthrowing the ball. When the second team line is in, he's having to get rid of the ball faster and cannot set his feet in time for a good throw because the line is not doing a good job of picking up blitzing defenders and allowing defenders to get to Landry.

On a side note, Landry has gotten better in every way for every year. He's more confident, he's fundamentals are better, he's reading defenses better and he's throwing the ball better.

Mojouw
08-15-2015, 01:01 PM
I get the Landry Jones hate - sort of. He is getting better every year. He was a project when they drafted him. But I will put it this way - the Steelers are keeping 3 Qbs. They always do. So working under that roster assumption, who (realistically) is out there, or will be out there, that represents a significant enough upgrade to justify having to re-teach the offense to someone? I can't think of anyone, but am honestly interested in what others may think of.

TD's & Beer
08-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Please, Lord no.

I love Batch as a person. I think he doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves for helping Ben develop into the QB he is today. But Batch as a QB? Just, no.

Hahahahaha!

it was joke!

Like I said - our 3rd string QB's struggles don't mean that much to me

ALLD
08-15-2015, 04:14 PM
The Steelers' QB situation after #1 is the worst roster position on the team. Can you imagine receivers trying to get better in practice with Jones throwing to them? He showed a little bit more, but he is on the clock. Dennis Dixon was better and he could have still be with the team if he was more realistic.

SteelerFanInStl
08-15-2015, 04:38 PM
I just finished watching the game from last night. Jones was TERRIBLE! Sure, there were some drops but most of the blame can be placed squarely on his shoulders. Watching him play, he just doesn't look like he cares. I don't see any fire in him whatsoever and most of his passes just look like soft tosses.

He couldn't even move the ball against the Jags 3rd and 4th string D. The only reason that he scored a TD was because the special teams gave him the ball at the 17.

I'm tired of watching him stink up the place. I'll be turning the game off if I have to watch him play for the Steelers again.

Mojouw
08-15-2015, 06:15 PM
http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

Seriously. Look at the 3rd QBs around the league. Who else would you rather have?

Josh Freeman? Tom Savage? Colt McCOy?

It really needs to be kept in context here of what we are talking about. We are talking about somewhere between the 65th and 96th best QB in the NFL. Since this league has an extremely hard time finding about 15 good ones at any one time, what does anyone expect when you start getting to the 3rd guys on the depth chart?

We should be way more concerned that out of the last 3 linebackers this team has taken in the first round, it looks like only one of them can play in the NFL.

86WARD
08-15-2015, 07:56 PM
To answer that question, I'd take Ryan Lindley, Matt Flynn, Josh Johnson, Charlie Whitehurst, Matt McGloin, Aaron Murray, Kellen Moore, Joe Webb, Austin Davis. Some based on being veterans, some based on skill, some based on potential versus knowing what Landry is.

Count Steeler
08-15-2015, 08:17 PM
Moot point for me. I can't rationalize keeping 3 QB on the roster. 1 of Cam Thomas or Landry Jones should not be on this team.

Mind you, I don't think we have 53 NFL caliber players in camp. Once the Steelers get to the second layer, it is not good. The defense has a longer way to go than I had hoped.

Mojouw
08-15-2015, 09:37 PM
To answer that question, I'd take Ryan Lindley, Matt Flynn, Josh Johnson, Charlie Whitehurst, Matt McGloin, Aaron Murray, Kellen Moore, Joe Webb, Austin Davis. Some based on being veterans, some based on skill, some based on potential versus knowing what Landry is.

Fair enough. In my opinion most of those guys are no better and no worse than Landry Jones. It is kind of a devil you know versus the devil you don't kinda thing.

Without seeing Landry playing with the #1's any evaluation is incomplete anyway.

Here is hoping an intriguing name gets cut during the preseason and the Steelers have the mind to take a chance on someone.

86WARD
08-15-2015, 09:45 PM
Fair enough. In my opinion most of those guys are no better and no worse than Landry Jones. It is kind of a devil you know versus the devil you don't kinda thing.

Without seeing Landry playing with the #1's any evaluation is incomplete anyway.

Here is hoping an intriguing name gets cut during the preseason and the Steelers have the mind to take a chance on someone.
I agree that the list of guys there isn't much better than Jones, but I think a few of them would be a step up...some more questionable, but like you said, I'm more so going based off the devil you know versus the devil you don't...grass isn't always greener on the other side...but sometimes it is...lol.

ALLD
08-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Next draft they need a backup QB, @ outside LBers and more CBs.

hawaiiansteeler
08-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Steeler Guardian @SteelerGuardian @jimwexell

you think they will keep L. Jones?

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

Yes

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

Steeldude
08-15-2015, 10:55 PM
He is a 3rd string QB. The Steelers will have to wait until cuts are made to see the free agent QB pool grow some. The pickings are slim right now.

I am glad they are giving him a ton of reps. They need to do this with Jarvis Jones, which is far more important.

TeeTee
08-16-2015, 12:54 AM
I have to admit, Jones had some nice throws....eventually. What, he's gonna be as good as Big Ben or something?

SteelerFanInStl
08-16-2015, 08:24 AM
I really just don't understand why Jones has been given all of the snaps and Boyd hasn't been given any. Why not give Boyd a chance to show what he can do?

Jones has shown again and again that he's incapable of getting the job done but yet the Steelers refuse to even give another player a chance.

Count Steeler
08-16-2015, 08:29 AM
I really just don't understand why Jones has been given all of the snaps and Boyd hasn't been given any. Why not give Boyd a chance to show what he can do?

Jones has shown again and again that he's incapable of getting the job done but yet the Steelers refuse to even give another player a chance.

Maybe they are building up his reps to the 10,000 plateau. (you know, if you repeat something 10,000 times, you will be at a world class level). Or maybe the coaching staff is leaving him out there so that we don't focus on the other shortcomings on this team. I was very encouraged going into TC, but I am worried again, especially with the schedule facing us. 35 points a game may not be enough. The defense, at all levels, is showing poor fundamentals.

polamalubeast
08-16-2015, 08:38 AM
I fear that the defense stays too long on the field during the season(5-6 minutes or more on every scoring drive), which will prevent the offense from being on the field and play to their potential but almost all the first team offense in the nfl look good in the preseason so far since every defense are very vanilla.....Yes the pass rush is worrying and the Steelers make some mistakes but it is still very early.

Timmons did not play in the last game and Heyward only played 14 snaps.....

TD's & Beer
08-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Mind you, I don't think we have 53 NFL caliber players in camp. Once the Steelers get to the second layer, it is not good. The defense has a longer way to go than I had hoped.

You pretty much read my mind - well said

Godfather
08-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Cliff Stoudt... Problem was he wouldn't over throw receivers. He would throw it into the ground 3 feet in front of them. And to think we were supposed to have drafted Dan Marino to replace Bradshaw. We would have had 3 more Super Bowls in the 80's.

Maybe. We would never have been bad enough to draft Rod Woodson and we didn't pick up a lot of the Blitzburgh guys until the late 80s/early 90s.

I think Montana pwns us instead of the Dolphins in '84 if we have Marino. We probably make the playoffs in 85 and 86 since the division was so bad but we make an early exit. We make it in 87 since we missed by one game with Mark Malone--MARK MALONE--at QB.

Big difference is the 1990s. Marino has that defense behind him and we don't lay an egg against San Diego in '94, don't throw a pair of key picks in Super Bowl XXX, don't choke against Denver in '97, and don't turn it over twice in the final minutes against the Pats* in '01.

- - - Updated - - -

Moot point for me. I can't rationalize keeping 3 QB on the roster.

Depends on our other needs. I don't think your typical third-stringer is any better than a guy you would sign off the street or off a practice squad. But Grad is alteady injured and you can't count on getting a full season out of Ben.

steelreserve
08-16-2015, 12:55 PM
[URL]Seriously. Look at the 3rd QBs around the league. Who else would you rather have?

Josh Freeman? Tom Savage? Colt McCOy?

Yes, any of those three.

Next draft they need a backup QB, @ outside LBers and more CBs.

Drafting for a backup QB is a waste of a pick. If he's a bust, you've lost a pick. If he shows even the faintest glimmer of promise, he leaves in free agency to compete for a starting job with the Cardinals. No matter what happens, you lose. Maybe if he seems good you can trade him for the same draft pick or a slightly higher one before he leaves, the 1 in 10,000 times that works out. You're much better off signing a veteran for 1-2 years; it doesn't really cost you anything more and you can use the pick on something else.

If we draft another linebacker in the first round next year, it just shows we really don't know what we're doing at all.

Mind you, I don't think we have 53 NFL caliber players in camp. Once the Steelers get to the second layer, it is not good.

That is a big problem for us. I think we've gotten to where our first string is as good as any - but if any of the backups have to play except at inside linebacker or one offensive lineman, we're in pretty big trouble.

stillers4me
08-16-2015, 01:27 PM
I don't mind this. We could do a lot worse.

polamalubeast
08-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Finally!

86WARD
08-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Finally!
You're "Finally!" Is a bit of a "cock-tease". When you make a post like that in a "Landry needs to go." thread, you make it sound like they finally released him and you go and get everyone all excited...only to be let down because you were responding to something else. You need to be more careful about how you post...;)

hawaiiansteeler
08-16-2015, 02:49 PM
You're "Finally!" Is a bit of a "cock-tease".

:chuckle:

j-d-s
08-17-2015, 02:05 AM
As we should do with the kickers, we should take someone from the Saints. They have 3 good backup QBs right now and one of Luke McCown, Ryan Griffin and Garrett Grayson will be cut (probably only to re-sign him to the pracitice squad, but we can claim him off waivers). I would trust all three way more than Landry Jones.

TD's & Beer
08-17-2015, 08:21 PM
relax

all is well

Pittsburgh Steelers activate QB Bruce Gradkowski from PUP list

He will practice

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-news-times-schedule-tickets-updates/2015/8/16/9162467/pittsburgh-steelers-activate-qb-bruce-gradkowski-from-pup-list

hawaiiansteeler
08-20-2015, 01:23 AM
Comment From Scott from Erie:

Ed, you mentioned in your blog this morning that you believe Landry Jones has done enough to hold onto his 3rd QB spot. Do you believe this is based more on his game performance or what you've seen in practice?

Ed Bouchette: Both. I think he has improved enough to make the team. I would not go purely by his preseason stats. Just watching him play, he shows poise, a good arm, good timing, passes on the money, etc. It's not his fault his receivers let him down in those two games.

http://www.post-gazette.com/chat

86WARD
08-20-2015, 06:19 AM
Improved enough to make the team...he made the team the past two seasons...let's be honest...does it really matter if he's improved?

JoeyPorter55
08-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Releasing Boyd without a single preseason snap was dumb. I've paid close attention to L. Jones since he came into this league and I haven't been impressed yet

B&GFever
08-22-2015, 01:24 PM
we should roll with 2 , but we won't

86WARD
08-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Nope...no way. Jones is a lock to make the roster at this point.

B&GFever
08-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Nope...no way. Jones is a lock to make the roster at this point.

but he shouldn't be , was the point .

I have no issue carrying 3 QBs , however the caveat of that would be

1) Legit starter in place

2) Vet backup

3) Highly talented rookie or second year player at the backend of the mix who will challenge for the backup job within the next 2 years

we have 1 and 2 ... 3 not so much and by my count that meter set out as an example has expired

Mojouw
08-22-2015, 03:05 PM
but he shouldn't be , was the point .

I have no issue carrying 3 QBs , however the caveat of that would be

1) Legit starter in place

2) Vet backup

3) Highly talented rookie or second year player at the backend of the mix who will challenge for the backup job within the next 2 years

we have 1 and 2 ... 3 not so much and by my count that meter set out as an example has expired

I agree that the scenario you lay out is every NFL team's goal and it certainly should be.

It is simply not possible. Take a look at the depth charts around the league (http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB). It is a horror show.

In that context, Jones doesn't look as bad. That being said, he needs to be thrown over at the first sign of a developmental prospect with a pulse showing up on waivers or the next draft cycle.

SteelerFanInStl
08-22-2015, 03:40 PM
I agree that the scenario you lay out is every NFL team's goal and it certainly should be.

It is simply not possible. Take a look at the depth charts around the league (http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB). It is a horror show.

In that context, Jones doesn't look as bad. That being said, he needs to be thrown over at the first sign of a developmental prospect with a pulse showing up on waivers or the next draft cycle.

I would take most of those #3 guys and some of the #4 guys over Landry.

Mojouw
08-22-2015, 05:21 PM
I would take most of those #3 guys and some of the #4 guys over Landry.

I wouldn't. IF Landry gets protection - he is decent. He basically can not function well under pressure and when the play breaks down. If he can get time to work through his reads (and dear lord he takes forever to do that) he can be decent. About all I hope for in a back-up.

SteelerFanInStl
08-22-2015, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't. IF Landry gets protection - he is decent. He basically can not function well under pressure and when the play breaks down. If he can get time to work through his reads (and dear lord he takes forever to do that) he can be decent. About all I hope for in a back-up.

Landry has no future in the NFL. He's proven again and again that he doesn't have the talent for it. If a QB can't function under pressure, he can't play in the NFL. Those other guys can function under pressure.

Landry hasn't had a single good game since he's been in the NFL and most of the time he's been playing against scrubs. It's time to cut ties with him.

Steeldude
08-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Releasing Boyd without a single preseason snap was dumb. I've paid close attention to L. Jones since he came into this league and I haven't been impressed yet

When you can't grasp taking snaps from under the center you aren't going to get pre-season game time.

B&GFever
08-22-2015, 08:56 PM
When you can't grasp taking snaps from under the center you aren't going to get pre-season game time.

I agree , but what is disheartening about it is he was throwing TD passes in camp while Jones was tossing picks

But if you can not take a snap you are already a beaten man

steelreserve
08-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Landry has no future in the NFL. He's proven again and again that he doesn't have the talent for it. If a QB can't function under pressure, he can't play in the NFL. Those other guys can function under pressure.

Landry hasn't had a single good game since he's been in the NFL and most of the time he's been playing against scrubs. It's time to cut ties with him.

That's about all there is to it. It's the equivalent of "He'd be a decent point guard as long as he doesn't have to dribble."

At QB, when things are at full speed and you've got guys one half-step away from beating the dogshit out of you on every play, either you get it or you don't. And no matter how long you spend sitting on the bench and "developing," it's never going to fix that. Name one quarterback ever who started out in the NFL with instincts like that, and then went on to be even decent. You can't. That's the end of the Landry Jones story. Over and out. What we're still doing here is beyond me.

fansince'76
08-22-2015, 09:31 PM
All this for a THIRD stringer?

Mojouw
08-23-2015, 10:08 AM
We are not evaluating Landry Jones under the heading of "Can he be a 16 game starter in the NFL?". We are evaluating him under the heading of "Can he develop into a viable clipboard holding back-up QB?".

That changes the parameters of the evaluation. Name me back-up Qbs that do NOT have some serious fundamental flaws to their game? Those range from lack of arm strength, to can't move in the pocket, can't handle pressure, can't make progressions, etc. That is why they are back-ups.

I want to be clear. I am by no means trying to go to the mat to defend either Jones or the Steelers here. What I am (repeatedly and likely making an annoying ass out of myself in the process) attempting to do is to reset the boundaries of the debate. Landry Jones is not be evaluated against the metric of "future starting QB and successor as a franchise building block". He needs to evaluated under the relative comparison of how is he doing compared to other 2nd and 3rd string QBs? I think he comes out low end of middle of the pack there - with some faint signs of moving up. I realize this is damning him with faint praise - but c'mon we are talking about the 3rd string QB. If he ever gets serious extended regular season playing time - the team is screwed anyways.

st33lersguy
08-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Sadly I am certain that the coaching staff is stubbornly going to stick with him as the no. 3 QB for whatever reason

86WARD
08-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Sadly I am certain that the coaching staff is stubbornly going to stick with him as the no. 3 QB for whatever reason

It's their "thing."

steelreserve
08-23-2015, 11:25 AM
We are not evaluating Landry Jones under the heading of "Can he be a 16 game starter in the NFL?". We are evaluating him under the heading of "Can he develop into a viable clipboard holding back-up QB?".

The main criteria for evaluating any backup QB is: Can he win ONE game for us if called upon. Not by throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs. By being just good enough to let the offense grind out 14 or 17 points so the defense has a shot at keeping us in it, and at the same time by not fucking up and costing us the game in the process. Sorry, but he can't even do that for us. There is just no point to him, and thinking of the other promising young players that have gotten let go or poached by other teams to keep his incompetent ass on the roster makes me angry. Watch, we'll keep this sorry sack of shit around for another season and then try to stash Chickillo or Holliday on the PS, and then they'll be gone. The single-minded stupidity we show with this guy is just incredible.

And by the logic of "if he ever gets significant playing time, we're screwed anyway" - then why even carry a third QB like that? I'm sure some stiff would be available on the FA wire to lose a game for us.

Edman
08-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Look at Green Bay's backup QB, then look at ours.

I'm not asking for a superstar here, just halfway competence at backup QB. Landry can't even do the basics.

If your offense DIES when you enter the field, you're an awful Quarterback.

First Pass, Picked Off.

Mr. Jones is running out of excuses.

hawaiiansteeler
08-23-2015, 02:09 PM
First Pass, Picked Off.

Mr. Jones is running out of excuses.

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora -

Landry Jones' interception on his first attempt. Camp and games combined, that's 12 INTs for Jones. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

steelreserve
08-23-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't even care how many interceptions he throws in practice. Everyone seems to make a big deal about that this time of year, but it's not. What's important is drive-killing by way of general incompetence, and the inability to keep your shit together in everyday situations. And there are PLENTY of both to go around.

Edman
08-23-2015, 03:18 PM
With Gradkowski's injury and Jones' admittantly decent fourth quarter, it looks like Jones will continue to find a new lease on life.

st33lersguy
08-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Jones stepped up today, will admit that. Hopefully he can continue to do this

86WARD
08-26-2015, 08:43 AM
With Gradkowski's injury and Jones' admittantly decent fourth quarter, it looks like Jones will continue to find a new lease on life.

Now more than ever...lol.