PDA

View Full Version : Who hurt us the most?

TeeTee
08-10-2015, 07:30 PM
The list of players who hurt the Steeler the most isn't a long one (can you imagine how long the Brown's list would be?)

But just from off the top of my head.

- Cory Dillon. I watched too many games where when this guy ran, our defenders just hated to try to tackle him. He was hard core. There were times where the D looked like it wanted to give up.

- Bernie Kosar. Only decent Brown's team in 25 years.

- Earl Campbell. It was close, sometimes he hurt us, sometimes we hurt him.

- Ken Anderson. Underrated player when we were not very good for the most part.

- Eric Metcalf. Single handily beat us in that one game in the 90's.

- Dan Marino. I know he destroyed us in the play offs one year. Put up over 50.

vasteeler
08-10-2015, 07:39 PM
tom brady should be added:puke:

and possibly steve mcnair

polamalubeast
08-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Rashean Mathis when he was with the jaguars......He had 5 interception and 3 TD in 7 games against the steelers with the jaguars.

Steve McNair was also a steelers killer(12-5 vs steelers in his career)

Born2Steel
08-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Neal O'Dammitt!

polamalubeast
08-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Fred Taylor was also great against the steelers(934 rushing yards in 11 games)

Edman
08-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Steeler Killers who played for someone else:

Rashean Mathis loved pulling off Pick Sixes against the Steelers.

Steve McNair tormented the Steelers, especially in the late 90's and early 2000's. Him and that damn TE Wycheck.

Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor, and Jimmy Smith on the Jaguars in the 90's and 2000's.

Tom Brady.

Louis Murphy. Responsible for two of the worst head-banging losses in Heinz Field. 2009 vs Oakland, 2014 vs Tampa Bay. You never hear about this guy any other week, but he looks like an all-pro against the Steelers.

----
Steeler Killers who played for the Steelers:

Kordell Stewart.

Neil O' Donnell.

Tommy Maddox.

2002 Steelers Secondary with Lee Flowers, Dewayne Washington, and Chad Scott.

Tim McKyer.

polamalubeast
08-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Lol,I forget about Louis Murphy....He is a all-pro vs steelers and a scrub against every other team

Butch
08-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Marcus Allen he always played well against us back when we still had a lot of the steel curtain in tact.

Eddie George did well too and of course Steve McNair.

TeeTee
08-10-2015, 09:28 PM
All good mentions, I thought about a few. I couldn't remember Mathis name but I remember him killing us.

I guess we could consider Ray Rice and Flacco.

TD's & Beer
08-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Most humiliating?

TEBOW!

TEBOW!

TEBOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBPHU4bPAA

Steeldude
08-11-2015, 02:04 AM
Kordell Stewart.

Steelman
08-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Pacific Standard Time.

tube517
08-11-2015, 09:08 AM
4:00 games under Tomlin

86WARD
08-11-2015, 10:51 AM
First names that comes to mind: Fred Taylor, Steve McNair, Tom Brady.

TeeTee
08-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Fred Taylor was also great against the steelers(934 rushing yards in 11 games)

I remember when he dropped over 200 on us when our D just had tired legs. We couldn't move.

Psycho Ward 86
08-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Pacific Standard Time.

LOL

fansince'76
08-11-2015, 07:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgzS0f7CUAAqKBw.jpg

fansince'76
08-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Going back a ways for this one, and I'm sure Mel Blount would agree, since Cliff Branch gave him fits.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/91161819-cliff-branch-of-the-los-angeles-raiders-runs-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXmOra8lQxvTb%2BWK3KoZKGD9QUg xEtDgSVHo0CecwyBDzghW4Ww2YWYqKljVPRIPoXg%3D%3D

86WARD
08-11-2015, 09:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgzS0f7CUAAqKBw.jpg

That's a good one. Suggs DESTROYS the Steelers twice a year.

fansince'76
08-11-2015, 09:06 PM
That's a good one. Suggs DESTROYS the Steelers twice a year.

He's gotten to more than one Pro Bowl based largely on his performances against us alone.

86WARD
08-11-2015, 09:07 PM
He's gotten to more than one Pro Bowl based largely on his performances against us alone.

Agree. He's been Hall of Fame worthy when lined up against Pittsburgh.

steelreserve
08-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Todd Heap.

Any time it was a key third down and you were thinking "We'll be fine as long as we don't give up a back-breaking play by leaving a big lumbering white tight end wide open way down the field" ... then guess what, there was a big lumbering white tight end wide open way down the field and it killed us.

He'd probably only have like 3 catches for 40 yards in most games, but every one of them would come at the worst possible time and screw us over horribly.

TeeTee
08-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Keenan McCardell.

Warren Moon.

Troy Brown.

86WARD
08-12-2015, 04:23 PM
McCardell is a good one.

tube517
08-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Let me jump off my sideline and say: Jacoby Jones.

polamalubeast
08-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Bud Dupree:rolleyes:

tube517
08-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Marcus Gilbert

steelcityboyz
08-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Def Bradys plays and Belecheck out coaching our staff

fansince'76
08-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Def Bradys deflation and Belecheck stealing our signals

FIFY.

BigNastyDefense
08-13-2015, 12:13 PM
Brady.

McNair was a beast whenever he played us.

Fred Taylor just beat down our defense.

Rasheen Mathis was a HOF DB whenever he played against us.

Tebow with that OT playoff win. Still don't know how that happened.

Suggs & Reed are the only Ravens I would put on the list.

Kordell Stewart killed us when he played for us. 1997 AFCCG vs Denver. 2002 AFCCG against Pats.

The 2002 Steelers secondary, aka Burnt Toast

TeeTee
08-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Brady.

McNair was a beast whenever he played us.

Fred Taylor just beat down our defense.

Rasheen Mathis was a HOF DB whenever he played against us.

Tebow with that OT playoff win. Still don't know how that happened.

Suggs & Reed are the only Ravens I would put on the list.

IDK, dude, Flacco and Rice have hurt us some games.

teegre
08-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Pacific Standard Time.

LOLOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

Neal O'Dammitt!

Alas, this is the biggest one. Argh!!!

BigNastyDefense
08-14-2015, 11:50 AM
IDK, dude, Flacco and Rice have hurt us some games.

Flacco has hurt us once or twice. More often than not, he hasn't been the reason we have lost. We have won more games against him and made him look silly doing it than games where he straight up killed us. I'm not scared of him.

Rice I don't ever really remember saying "this guy kills us every time we play them."

TeeTee
08-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Flacco has hurt us once or twice. More often than not, he hasn't been the reason we have lost. We have won more games against him and made him look silly doing it than games where he straight up killed us. I'm not scared of him.

Rice I don't ever really remember saying "this guy kills us every time we play them."

Flacco killed us in the play offs, at home, no less, last season. We couldn't get him off the field all day.

polamalubeast
08-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Every good QB killed the Steelers last year.This defense against the pass was so bad.

Flacco is 1-2 in his career in the playoffs against the Steelers, so in general, Flacco is not a steelers killer.

TeeTee
08-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Rice might not kill us every year, but I remember one week 1 game where he destroyed us.

Craic
08-14-2015, 02:21 PM
The QB responsible for two "How did we lose that" and one "How did we almost lose that" games . . .

Byron Leftwich. He always played just good enough to beat us. The one time he played very well (QB rating of 105), he lost. Go figure. It was also the reason I was glad to have him on our team as a second string QB.

There's others, of course, but he always stood out to me as the "are you serious?" kind of hurt.

TeeTee
08-14-2015, 04:12 PM
The QB responsible for two "How did we lose that" and one "How did we almost lose that" games . . .

Byron Leftwich. He always played just good enough to beat us. The one time he played very well (QB rating of 105), he lost. Go figure. It was also the reason I was glad to have him on our team as a second string QB.

There's others, of course, but he always stood out to me as the "are you serious?" kind of hurt.

At one time Leftwich was considered a prospect who might develop into a big time QB (hence drafted in the 1st round). But his 2-hour wind up to pass, and his willingness to take massive shots to deliver the ball cut his career short. He had an arm, but man did he ever telegraph where he was going with a windup so long that it caused Troy Aikman to LOL when watching him throw.

86WARD
08-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Leftwich was the typical overrated college QB. He wasn't that big a prospect as much as a media darling for playing with an injured leg...

Edman
08-14-2015, 04:53 PM
I don't go into Ravens games thinking "Oh God, they're facing Joe Flacco".

Flacco killed us in the play offs, at home, no less, last season. We couldn't get him off the field all day.

Flacco was pedestrian all game, he just did the most important thing, he didn't lose the game. The Ravens Defense was terrorizing Ben and the offense all night. The Steelers beat Flacco in Baltimore with 3rd string Charlie Batch at Quarterback, during their Super Bowl year no less. Flacco is solid, but he's no Steelers Killer. He has his moments, but he is not THE REASON the Steelers lose to the Ravens. Joe Flacco doesn't dominate Steelers/Ravens games. It's usually someone else making a big play.

Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata, and Ray Rice were the Ravens who always rose to the occasion against the Steelers.

steelcityboyz
08-14-2015, 05:41 PM
FIFY.I like LOL!!

86WARD
08-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Currently Blake Bortles and Toby Gerhardt...lol.

BigNastyDefense
08-16-2015, 03:23 PM

We couldn't stop their run game at all in short yardage. Steve Smith had 5 catches for 101 yards in that game, it seemed when we thought we were going to get off the field on defense, Smith made a play. Our offense couldn't stay on the field long enough to give our defense time to catch their breath, the offense was totally off with no Bell. The defense was bad, period.

I don't go into games thinking "Crap, we have to face Joe Flacco." If he becomes the reason we lose more often than not, then I will change my mind about him. But I don't look at him as a Steelers killer.

TeeTee
08-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Leftwich was the typical overrated college QB. He wasn't that big a prospect as much as a media darling for playing with an injured leg...

A team (not owned by Al Davis) drafted him in the 1st round and others would have. He was a prospect, just not an accurately predicted one. He did win a game with a broken somethingorother. He courageously took Marshall downfield for a winning TD. That aspect was not overrated; he was a tough guy but tough guys taking NFL level hits simply won't last. No one is so big as to be able to do that very often. In that way - and that way only - he was like Ben. Both would take vicious shots. Thankfully, Ben takes less now.

86WARD
08-17-2015, 05:33 AM
His talent (or "lack of") was overshadowed by his heart and his ability to play with an injury. He had NFL talent, just not first round talent...I've always thought that and I've always thought his draft rating was boosted because he was carried down the field during a Marshall game to continue playing while injured.

TeeTee
08-17-2015, 02:44 PM
We couldn't stop their run game at all in short yardage. Steve Smith had 5 catches for 101 yards in that game, it seemed when we thought we were going to get off the field on defense, Smith made a play. Our offense couldn't stay on the field long enough to give our defense time to catch their breath, the offense was totally off with no Bell. The defense was bad, period.

I don't go into games thinking "Crap, we have to face Joe Flacco." If he becomes the reason we lose more often than not, then I will change my mind about him. But I don't look at him as a Steelers killer.

Flacco has turned into a postseason beast, though. His stats are pretty compelling in the playoffs. He gave Brady and Pats everything they could handle last season in the playoffs, twice building a huge lead. Flacco is pretty much the antithesis of ginger head in the postseason.