PDA

View Full Version : Not good news on Suisham

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Have I mentioned I absolutely hate preseason??????

- - - Updated - - -

Stingley's knee injury also significant.

tube517
08-09-2015, 10:15 PM
%^&*()(*&*(%$###%^

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 10:16 PM
This is too bad...it looks like we're going to need him.

Nadroj 20
08-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Welcome Shayne Graham.

fansince'76
08-09-2015, 10:46 PM
What is it with this team and kickers/punters shredding their knees? And if it isn't one of them, it's our long snapper. :doh:

st33lersguy
08-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Unreal!

ALLD
08-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Tryouts are Monday morning, Arrrgh!

http://danlinstedt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pirate-pegleg.jpg

hawaiiansteeler
08-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Steelers kicker Suisham has “potentially significant” knee injury

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2015,

The primary goal of preseason action isn’t to win games but to not lose players. In that regard, the Steelers sustained what could be serious blow during Sunday night’s 14-3 loss to the Vikings.

Kicker Shaun Suisham suffered a knee injury, reportedly on the third-quarter kickoff. After the game, coach Mike Tomlin dubbed the injury “potentially significant,” via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Suisham, the only kicker on the roster, tackled Marcus Sherels on the play, apparently suffering the injury while going to the ground.

So the Steelers will need to quickly find another kicker or two, and the quality of the kicker they find could impact whether they go for one from the 15 or opt to go for two from much closer to the end zone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/09/steelers-kicker-suisham-has-potentially-significant-knee-injury/

salamander
08-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Mother f*cker!!! :mad2:

Moose
08-10-2015, 05:29 AM
And how many of our player's got burnt on this run before it got to the 'kicker' having to make a tackle !!! Pathetic

teegre
08-10-2015, 07:13 AM
What is it with this team and kickers/punters shredding their knees? And if it isn't one of them, it's our long snapper. :doh:

The last three times that the long snapper shredded his knee was in: 2005, 2008, and 2010.

This is could he a good sign.

steel striker
08-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Damn it we did not need to lose Shaun.

katmandu
08-10-2015, 08:07 AM
And how many of our player's got burnt on this run before it got to the 'kicker' having to make a tackle !!! PatheticOne huge reason is one our best Special teams gunners (Ross Ventrone) is down with an injury. He best get well ASAP before his ass gets cut!

What the hell is wrong with our coaching staff even ALLOWING Suisham to even "try" to tackle the ball carrier IN PRE-SEASON ! Especially when it's your prized kicker with NO real back up ??

Nadroj 20
08-10-2015, 08:26 AM
This is potentially pretty bad for us. Shaun is very reliable between 30 and 49 yards and of course this would be the season we lose him...the extra point is now at the 15 yard line making it a 32 yarder.

Steelman
08-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Sad that the freaking kicker was tackling better than most of the ST unit...but why the heck would he try that in a preaseason game? Ugh...not a good takeaway from the first game. I hope it's not as serious as they're hinting about.

katmandu
08-10-2015, 08:52 AM
why the heck would he try that in a preaseason game? I say again.....

What the hell is wrong with our coaching staff even ALLOWING Suisham to even "try" to tackle the ball carrier IN PRE-SEASON ! Especially when it's your prized kicker with NO real back up ??Why aren't you all "CALLING OUT" the Coaching staff ?

Nadroj 20
08-10-2015, 09:04 AM
I say again.....

Why aren't you all "CALLING OUT" the Coaching staff ?

How do you know the coaching staff didn't say to the team as a unit to be safe and smart out there and to not put yourself into bad situations especially in a preseason game?

Suisham is 33 years old and is a 10 year NFL veteran. He shouldn't have to be directly told to avoid making a tackle like that in a preseason game.

And even if he was directly told, how do you know it wasn't a heat of the moment "football players mentality" to go in for a tackle like that? Kickers like to be known as football players too and we all know Shaun doesn't shy away from trying to make a big hit.

This isn't Xbox, the coaches don't have THAT much control of a player making his own decisions on the field.

SteelerFanInStl
08-10-2015, 09:10 AM
This is a direct result of the shitty special teams. They were really bad on coverage last night.

86WARD
08-10-2015, 09:40 AM
"Could be significant". Could also not be significant??? Let's hope?!?

86WARD
08-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Jeff Reed...lol.

ALLD
08-10-2015, 10:02 AM
Hand the ball to McCullers from the 2-yd. line.

katmandu
08-10-2015, 10:12 AM
How do you know the coaching staff didn't say to the team as a unit [And directly to Suisam] to be safe and smart out there and to not put yourself into bad situations especially in a preseason game?"If" Danny Smith did not tell Suisam this directly himself, his ass should be fired.

Suisham is 33 years old and is a 10 year NFL veteran. He shouldn't have to be directly told to avoid making a tackle like that in a preseason game.No, he "should" not have to be told that.

And even if he was directly told, how do you know it wasn't a heat of the moment "football players mentality" to go in for a tackle like that? Kickers like to be known as football players too and we all know Shaun doesn't shy away from trying to make a big hit.This makes it even worse that a player with his experience and knowledge that HE is his team's ONLY real assest at kicker would make such an insane blunder.

His experience and knowledge of the situation "should" have risen above his bravado and EGO.

But.....

This isn't Xbox, the coaches don't have THAT much control of a player making his own decisions on the field.Perhaps the coaching staff should install remote Tazers inside player's helmuts and when they see the player about to make and INSANELY STUPID decision, the coach can pull out his remote control (to the Tazer) and "ZAP" him right before he executes his stupid decision ! LMAO !!

- - - Updated - - -

Hand the ball to McCullers from the 2-yd. line.Love it! Better yet, use 6'9" Aleandro Villaneuva as his FB!

Bring back the Refrigerator play! Why coaches don't use this tactic is beyond me.

Nadroj 20
08-10-2015, 10:12 AM
"If" Danny Smith did not tell Suisam this directly himself, his ass should be fired.

No, he "should" not have to be told that.

This makes it even worse that a player with his experience and knowledge that HE is his team's ONLY real assest at kicker would make such an insane blunder.

His experience and knowledge of the situation "should" have risen above his bravado and EGO.

But.....

Perhaps the coaching staff should install remote Tazers inside player's helmuts and when they see the player about to make and INSANELY STUPID decision, the coach can pull out his remote control (to the Tazer) and "ZAP" him right before he executes his stupid decision ! LMAO !!

That's my point it was an insanely stupid decision by Shaun Suisham and why I don't think the coaching staff is to blame. He made the stupid decision regardless of what a coach did or did not tell him.

katmandu
08-10-2015, 10:19 AM
That's my point it was an insanely stupid decision by Shaun Suisham and why I don't think the coaching staff is to blame. He made the stupid decision regardless of what a coach did or did not tell him.Ok, so WHY the would a player with such vast knowledge and experience make such an amateurish play in the first place ?

His bravado ? His ego ? Or was he under the influence of drugs or was he just INSANE ?

I say, ALL the above !

I like the Tazer idea. LMAO !

Nadroj 20
08-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Ok, so WHY the would a player with such vast knowledge and experience make such an amateurish play in the first place ?

His bravado ? His ego ? Or was he under the influence of drugs or was he just INSANE ?

I say, ALL the above !

You're guess is as good as mine. I have no clue. I guess I'll go back to the football players mentality and it was just Shaun being Shaun and trying to make a play.

I agree with you that he had no business trying to make that play though.

Heck the guy was almost already out of bounds wasn't he?

steelerdude15
08-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Shaun is from Canada and used to play hockey so he likes to tackle people. That's why he goes after them.

katmandu
08-10-2015, 10:26 AM
You're guess is as good as mine. I have no clue. I guess I'll go back to the football players mentality and it was just Shaun being Shaun and trying to make a play.Danny Smith needs to install one of these shock collars inside Suisam's helmut !

http://www.pawfi.com/images/rechargeable-remote-2-dog-training-shock-collar2-with-individual-vibration-for-each-dog1.jpg

Steelman
08-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Sushi to have an MRI this morning.

katmandu
08-10-2015, 10:32 AM
Shaun is from Canada and used to play hockey so he likes to tackle people. That's why he goes after them.So he want's to emulate Danny Sepuvelda ? Remember him destroying that return man ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FhCgLeuO0I

steelerdude15
08-10-2015, 10:44 AM
So he want's to emulate Danny Sepuvelda ? Remember him destroying that return man ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FhCgLeuO0I

Shaun was channeling his inner Danny. :chuckle:

Steelman
08-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Makeupareport saying Shaun fears ACL....

:frusty:

polamalubeast
08-10-2015, 10:57 AM
:boom::doh:

He was very good since 2012...This is a very bad news

salamander
08-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Yeah...that's a big blow.

ALLD
08-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Torn ACL = 50/50 career ending at his age. I saw the replay right after it happened and was thinking all of it. Jordan Dangerfield stepped on Sushi's ankle as he was going down.

fansince'76
08-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Makeupareport saying Shaun fears ACL....

:frusty:

Considering the source, I'll wait for the MRI results and pray for the best in the meantime...

hawaiiansteeler
08-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Sushi to have an MRI this morning.

the belief is that he tore his ACL...