PDA

View Full Version : Are you celebrating tonight for Bussy?

TeeTee
08-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Of course the place is crawling with Steeler fans. I am pretty amped. All is good in Steeler Nation.

This is the best team heading into the season since 2010. 5 years.

I saw Bus hug Swann and Franco. That was pretty awesome. Franco still looks huge.

I won't watch the whole induction, especially when dudes I don't even know are up there.

Some other deserving inductees this year: JR., Polian and Haley.

Polian was a mastermind GM, having built 3 teams from the ground up: 1990's Bills (made it to 4 consecutive SBs), Panthers (He got to the SB after just two years in existance, amazing), and Peyton's Colts. Pretty amazing.

Bus is underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umdlrLMvfU0

86WARD
08-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Wish I was there...looks awesome!!!

hawaiiansteeler
08-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette -

Bill Cowher wanted to be in Canton today for Bettis, but his daughter Lauren got married today in Dublin, Ireland.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

86WARD
08-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Looks and sounds like Heinz Field...lol.

Edman
08-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Steeler Nation showing out tonight for the Bus.

Butch
08-08-2015, 09:44 PM
To bad "Chin" couldn't be there that would have special moment.

As usual Steeler Nation was there in force, along with a few from the board, can't wait to hear their stories.

Congrats to Bussie we love ya' and couldn't be happier for ya.

Go Bus Go!!!

stillers4me
08-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Brought a tear to my eyes...

tube517
08-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Just caught most of the speech.

-Terrible Towels. Nuff said
-Mel Blount in the cowboy hat. I wonder if he does that to piss off the Brokebacks lol
-Thanking Jackie Slater was class.
-Has any RB coach ever had 2 HOF RBs like Dick Hoak?
-Cowher drinking a pint, I wonder how much spit comes out after 5 or 6 pints
-Thanking Ben for that tackle. Lol

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
08-08-2015, 09:49 PM
That was a special speech. Glad I witnessed the whole thing live. Steeler nation taking over Canton was beyond incredible. Bus' nod to Seau was nothing but class. Loved every millisecond of it

Mamaduck43
08-08-2015, 10:04 PM
It was amazing.... He was amazing..... The fans were amazing..... The towels were amazing.... The glimpses of the team members were amazing.... The whole dang evening was amazing.....

And it is killing me that I am sitting here in Wisconsin.... Krap.....

TeeTee
08-09-2015, 12:59 AM
It was amazing.... He was amazing..... The fans were amazing..... The towels were amazing.... The glimpses of the team members were amazing.... The whole dang evening was amazing.....

And it is killing me that I am sitting here in Wisconsin.... Krap.....

Everything you just said. That was awesome.

hawaiiansteeler
08-09-2015, 01:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFXbJNg1MV4

tube517
08-09-2015, 05:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFXbJNg1MV4
Thank you for posting this.

I missed the first 23 minutes last night because I didn't think I was going to be able to watch it at all.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 07:40 AM
Loved that Jerome gave Ben some special love. ( I think we were all reliving that tackle right then!) It's about time people started recognizing how special he is.

We all know Ben will be on that stage someday. He may not go in first ballot, but he will get there. I thought it interesting that Antonio Brown was sitting in the invited seats with Ben. (yeah, he stood up as a teammate...I think he just got caught up in the moment so I'll give him a pass.) But if watching Jerome unveil that bust and Steelers Nation taking over that entire ceremony didn't inspire him to step up his game even more, than nothing will. I bet he was dreaming of his own day on stage.

I also loved what Jerome said afterward in the post ceremony interview. He said that the wait was worth it because his kids are old enough now to remember it and understand it. Very cool how he passed the baton to his son.

fansince'76
08-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Wish they would have locked the comments section of that video to prevent the inevitable keyboard diarrhea such as the example below and the trolling which is sure to occur as the video gets more hits...

Imo he shouldn't of been there his stats are pretty good and above average but this just sets the bar lower and lower and diminishes the value of the HOF ik he's a great guy and amazing player but hof no

:rolleyes:

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 08:07 AM
To be honest, I wasn't particularly fond of the bust. It doesn't really look like him from the front. His chin seemed wrong. I know the player has a say on how it is to be made, younger or older. I wish he had picked the wide smile he had while lifting that Lombardi.

86WARD
08-09-2015, 08:12 AM
The bust looks like him from the side. The bust from the front doesn't look remotely like him at all. Not
Even in the same ball park IMO.

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 08:22 AM
The bust looks like him from the side. The bust from the front doesn't look remotely like him at all. Not
Even in the same ball park IMO.
That's exactly what I thought, too.

fansince'76
08-09-2015, 08:23 AM
I've noticed a LOT of HoF busts don't really look much like their subjects.

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Still unopened.....
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/11854033_1037943229551150_906534863_n.jpg?oh=323d5 fccda8bfa9c0734684f3fc6f24a&oe=55C9727D

86WARD
08-09-2015, 09:07 AM

The Junior Seau one looked good.

tube517
08-09-2015, 09:12 AM

Yeah, they should make Lambert's bust with missing teeth.

Lynn Swann's bust should have a big fro.

Troy's bust should be all hair w/no face.

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Yeah, they should make Lambert's bust with missing teeth.

Lynn Swann's bust should have a big fro.

Troy's bust should be all hair w/no face. I can't wait to see Troy's bust! :lol:

fansince'76
08-09-2015, 09:40 AM
The Junior Seau one looked good.

Yeah, some they do a really good job on and some make you wonder WTF the sculptor was looking at.

polamalubeast
08-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Dale Lolley ‏@dlolleyor 16h16 hours ago
Bettis said he hopes Cowher, Porter, Polamalu, Faneca, Ward and Roethlisberger all join him in HOF some day #Steelers

https://twitter.com/dlolleyor/status/630209031227985920

TeeTee
08-09-2015, 02:31 PM
That's exactly what I thought, too.

I was wondering what I was missing. It just didn't look like him. I thought maybe he looked that way when he was a Ram or something but I don't think he did.

Honestly, and I know I may be bias, but that was the best HOF speech I ever heard - better than Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth. I think it's fine AB stood up as a teammate, celebrating a former great from a current great. The whole thing was tremendous. I love Bus more than ever. He showed pure class and authenticity. And, unlike in the past, Ben made me feel great, just seeing him. He has grown up and doesn't seem like a jack ass anymore. Bus making mention of Ben's tackle was priceless. I am so glad Bus won a ring before he retired, just icing on the cake, but what supreme icing it was. What a sight to behold: Steeler Nation at Canton, OH.

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 02:35 PM
I was wondering what I was missing. It just didn't look like him. I thought maybe he looked that way when he was a Ram or something but I don't think he did.

Honestly, and I know I may be bias, but that was the best HOF speech I ever heard - better than Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth. I think it's fine AB stood up as a teammate, celebrating a former great from a current great. The whole thing was tremendous. I love Bus more than ever. He showed pure class and authenticity. And, unlike in the past, Ben made me feel great, just seeing him. He has grown up and doesn't seem like a jack ass anymore. Bus making mention of Ben's tackle was priceless. I am so glad Bus won a ring before he retired, just icing on the cake, but what supreme icing it was. What a sight to behold: Steeler Nation at Canton, OH.

I totally agree. Seeing Steelers Nation filling that entire stadium gave me chills. I almost felt sorry for the 31 other teams........nah!

It was a home game for Jerome last night.

TeeTee
08-09-2015, 04:07 PM
I totally agree. Seeing Steelers Nation filling that entire stadium gave me chills. I almost felt sorry for the 31 other teams........nah!

It was a home game for Jerome last night.

Eisen actually said he was getting abused on Twitter for mentioning about all the Steeler fans there. He was being told to shut up about it. But, it was kind of hard to ignore.

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Eisen actually said he was getting abused on Twitter for mentioning about all the Steeler fans there. He was being told to shut up about it. But, it was kind of hard to ignore.

How could he NOT acknowledge that the place was rockin' like the 3rd quarter in the middle of Renegade at Heinz field!! Buncha' jealous haters...that's what they are!

steelerdude15
08-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Seeing all of the Steelers fans and the Terrible Towels made the evening even more special. It really looked like Heinz Field. Jerome also did a great job with his speech. I liked what he said to his son at the end of the speech and his son's reaction. :chuckle:

TD's & Beer
08-09-2015, 05:19 PM
It was fantastic to ses all those Terrible Towels waving - "show everybody what true football fans look like" - or something

I thought the bust was terrible...who the hell was that? They needed the squinty eyes, they didn't have the squinty eyes.

stillers4me
08-09-2015, 05:48 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/fc2afd6f0032bdae915ab11490aaf024.jpg

This angle works better....

Chidi29
08-09-2015, 05:53 PM
To be honest, I wasn't particularly fond of the bust. It doesn't really look like him from the front. His chin seemed wrong. I know the player has a say on how it is to be made, younger or older. I wish he had picked the wide smile he had while lifting that Lombardi.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. Looked very..off. The others were pretty much spitting images. They got Ron Wolf's bust perfect, right down to the glasses that faded into the bronze.

86WARD
08-09-2015, 06:06 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/fc2afd6f0032bdae915ab11490aaf024.jpg

This angle works better....

You're right. That angle works as well. But head on, it looked nothing like Bettis.

SteelerFanInStl
08-09-2015, 07:11 PM
How could he NOT acknowledge that the place was rockin' like the 3rd quarter in the middle of Renegade at Heinz field!! Buncha' jealous haters...that's what they are!
Exactly