PDA

View Full Version : How high are you?

TeeTee
08-07-2015, 04:22 PM
It's a magical time of year. We got it great.

- Bus is inducted to HOF and tons of Steeler fans will be there.

- We have actual Steeler football Sunday night for the first time since week 1 of the play offs. 7 months people.

- We have a season with realistic hopes of contending for a ring. (Not saying we are the favorite, but who in the AFC is clearly superior to us as things look now? And on the NFL side, do you not think we could beat whoever might come from that side? Again, a lot can change, but every contender seems to have potential weaknesses as much as we do.)

- We will have some form of football on from Sunday until the middle of Feb. Let that soak in.

- Preseason is here and it's one of my favorite times of year. I get every single game (not live) on NFLN and love checking out how the rookies and 2nd year guys look. I know the games don't count and are often sloppy but it is what it is, and it's better than no other sports than baseball.

- We open the season on Thursday night, prime time, vs. the current world champs. We get to watch our team before anyone else does, other than the Pats.

More than anything I am rooting for a lack of injuries, everything else is secondary to that. But this is really thrilling.

How high are you? Higher than Aldon Smith?

We need to appreciate this awesome time of year.

86WARD
08-07-2015, 04:30 PM
As long as the players keep their mouths shut...everything is great...but not the greatest of all time.

TeeTee
08-07-2015, 05:51 PM
As long as the players keep their mouths shut...everything is great...but not the greatest of all time.

Thanks for hijacking the intention of the thread.

BigNastyDefense
08-07-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm pretty damn high. Football is back, and the Steelers are almost always at the least contenders for a playoff spot if not the Super Bowl.

I agree that there isn't one team out there that's really head and shoulders above everyone else...except for maybe Seattle as a dominant in the NFC.

TeeTee
08-07-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty damn high. Football is back, and the Steelers are almost always at the least contenders for a playoff spot if not the Super Bowl.

I agree that there isn't one team out there that's really head and shoulders above everyone else...except for maybe Seattle as a dominant in the NFC.

I have a feeling Seattle might slip a notch. It's so hard to be a conference champ three years in a row. I think only the Bills did it with four. The Steelers never did it even with the dominant 70's teams. I have a feeling GB could be right there. Rogers was playing on one leg and they were in position to beat Seattle in the NFCC game, but blew a big lead. Imagine what he might do with two legs.

SteelerFanInStl
08-07-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm definitely feeling it and am ready for some football!!! I've got the DirecTV guy coming tomorrow to re-connect with them, which also means that I'll have Sunday Ticket again this year. I'm ready!!!

86WARD
08-07-2015, 07:58 PM
Thanks for hijacking the intention of the thread.

Relax...I'm just busting your balls.

Mojouw
08-08-2015, 11:37 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DesKkzaf8Bs/VICT1e8RpZI/AAAAAAAAid4/cZdxRUuQ1jI/s1600/somebody%2Bhas%2Bto%2Bstart%2Bthe%2Bslow%2Bclap.%2 BJohn%2BTerry.jpg

TeeTee
08-08-2015, 12:44 PM
I'm definitely feeling it and am ready for some football!!! I've got the DirecTV guy coming tomorrow to re-connect with them, which also means that I'll have Sunday Ticket again this year. I'm ready!!!

Can't beat DTV. Having any game at your fingertips is awesome. It's obviously especially awesome knowing you will see every Steeler game, period.

GBMelBlount
08-08-2015, 02:49 PM
I have a slight buzz but it's starting to wear off.

TeeTee
08-08-2015, 04:50 PM
I have a slight buzz but it's starting to wear off.

Then reload and re-fire!