PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mitchell: If I'm 100% I'm a Really Good Player

Psycho Ward 86
08-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Last season, the Steelers went out of their comfort zone and offered free agent S Mike Mitchell a $25 million contract, hoping he could come in and take the place of the departed Ryan Clark.

Despite being an unorthodox transaction, the move made a ton of sense. Mitchell was a ferocious tackler with a big body and an absence of fear. He appeared to be the perfect replacement for Clark, and still only 27 years old, he figured to have plenty of time to adapt to the scheme and grow.

Unfortunately, Mitchell’s 2014 season was disappointing, even though he did quietly finish second on the team with 71 tackles. The Steelers allowed the second-most plays of 40 or more yards in the league and Mitchell’s play was shaky, at best.

After the season concluded, news broke that Mitchell had played the entire season with a torn groin, an injury that was later clarified as the detachment of a muscle near his public bone. Being the typical tough guy, Mitchell didn’t use this injury to make excuses, even though the injury undoubtedly contributed to his lackluster performance.

“If I can go out there and make plays, I will,” Mitchell told Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. “I feel my 60 or 70 percent is better than a lot of people’s 100 percent”

Read more: http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/08/05/mike-mitchell-if-im-100-percent-im-a-really-good-player/

fansince'76
08-05-2015, 02:05 PM
I still say he was a LOT better with Allen in there playing a traditional role. Not everybody could play with Troy, especially when Troy was no longer Troy, like last year.

TeeTee
08-05-2015, 02:57 PM
I still say he was a LOT better with Allen in there playing a traditional role. Not everybody could play with Troy, especially when Troy was no longer Troy, like last year.

Yup. It was a hot mess last season. And the fact that LeBeau was clueless of that reality meant it was time for him to go. Now we have hope again.