PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter: No more patience for Jarvis Jones

polamalubeast
08-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Outside linebackers coach Joey Porter said he thinks that Jones can make an impact and shares what he told Jones about how urgent it is that he make that impact this season.

“The first year was the first year, you don’t judge that,” Porter said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “The second year I thought you started off pretty good. You had two sacks in the first three games and then you got hurt. So they’ll be patient with you then. But please believe they’re counting on you to have a big year this year, they are. You’re going to get scrutinized, I’m going to get scrutinized. I’m going to help you the best I can to play at a high level. You put in the work to prepare yourself to play at a high level, and we’ll go from there.”

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/05/joey-porter-no-more-patience-for-jarvis-jones/

Craic
08-05-2015, 10:43 AM
What a horrible title for the article.

That isn't at all what the article says. Nice Clickbait.

tube517
08-05-2015, 11:34 AM

Typical PFT

86WARD
08-05-2015, 11:55 AM

QFT.

TeeTee
08-05-2015, 03:50 PM

You see this more and more every day: headlines that don't match content at all.

BigNastyDefense
08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Well that's not shocking that the article title is misleading coming from PFT.

But if JJ doesn't show that he was worth the first round pick this year, he could find himself on another team sooner rather than later.

TD's & Beer
08-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Good, I'm glad they wrote it that way. He needs to get it in gear.

Year 3. If he can't move a 40 y/o retiree out of his spot this year, he won't be around long.

86WARD
08-06-2015, 06:13 AM
Yeah...agree. It's do or die for Jones...and not that it matters to the story or anyone...but I have no more patience for Jarvis Jones. He's got to do it NOW.