PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger to train in Pittsburgh during suspension

stillers4me
08-31-2010, 06:00 PM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Last updated: 6:02 pm

Ben Roethlisberger intends to work out with quarterbacks coach George Whitfield Jr. in Pittsburgh while he is suspended and possibly do some coaching at the high school level.
Roethlisberger revealed some of his plans for at least the first month of the NFL season to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review in a one-on-one interview today............................

............In addition to bringing in the California-based Whitfield — the two have worked together during past offseasons — Roethlisberger said he will train with wide receivers that have been cut by NFL teams and want to stay in football shape.
"I am going to be doing a lot of drills, a lot of drops," Roethlisberger said. "I will do everything humanly possible that I can do to stay as sharp as I can with the things I am allowed to do."

He said he may also use the time away from the Steelers to be a volunteer coach at a local high school.....................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697314.html

siss
08-31-2010, 06:20 PM
He's doing exactly what I thought he would do. Good boy!

SteelGhost
08-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Nice ! :thumbsup:

steelerdude15
08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Good stuff, at least he'll be in shape during his suspension.

siss
08-31-2010, 07:33 PM
I love this quote from the article: "It's a calming feeling when the Lord runs your life. And it's something I've always known as a church person, but I've never really believed it. I think I've known it but never believed it. And now I know it, and it's a great thing."

That tells you were he has been the last few months right there.

43Hitman
08-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Good job Ben. It's really great to hear him strengthening his relationship with the Lord.

SirHulka
09-01-2010, 03:01 AM
IF he has. A lot of people in prison say the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I hope he HAS found God. But I'm still a little leery. Let's see how he handles himself during NEXT off-season. That will be the first real test. Like I've said before, I'd rather hate him because he plays for the Steelers than hate him because he's a scum-bag.

solardave
09-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Good stuff. Hopefully when he gets back he'll be in tune with his receivers.

Galax Steeler
09-01-2010, 04:25 AM
This is good to hear way to go Ben stay and shape and get ready to come back and kick some ass.

stillers4me
09-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Ben has not "found" God. He went back to the values he was raised with and returned to God. He knows he was going down the wrong road and it sounds like his family and friends have guided him back. He's a lucky young man to have people who love and care enough about him to have the strength he needs to help him. They deserve a lot of credit.

I think this is the real deal. A lot of players who get into trouble think they can blow off the problems because they have money in the bank and they don't need football anymore. Football is who Ben is (in his mind). I'm not sure what would happen to him if he lost that part of himself. And I believe that being traded to anywhere else would have been as devastating to him as not playing at all. I think Pittsburgh is where he wants to be for the rest of his career and he will do anything it takes to make that happen.

stillers4me
09-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Here's the audio. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697385.html

stlrtruck
09-01-2010, 08:48 AM
It's good to see him approaching life with a different attitude, and preparing himself accordingly.

siss
09-01-2010, 09:58 AM
My inner mother wants to give Ben a hug and tell him that everything is going to be okay.

O'Malley
09-01-2010, 11:27 AM
My inner mother wants to give Ben a hug and tell him that everything is going to be okay.

:wink02:

memphissteelergirl
09-01-2010, 01:13 PM

....and give him a nice hot bowl of chicken soup with a big basket of fresh-baked rolls, right? :wink02:

Great to hear Ben is gonna keep training (and more importantly it sounds like he plans to stay outta trouble)!

Keep up the good work Big Ben!! :tt02:

siss
09-01-2010, 01:32 PM
....and give him a nice hot bowl of chicken soup with a big basket of fresh-baked rolls, right? :wink02:

Great to hear Ben is gonna keep training (and more importantly it sounds like he plans to stay outta trouble)!

Keep up the good work Big Ben!! :tt02:

*puts on mom hat*

HE BETTER STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!!!!!

stlrtruck
09-01-2010, 02:36 PM
*puts on mom hat*

HE BETTER STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!!!!!

or he'll get the MOM foot?

siss
09-01-2010, 03:07 PM
or he'll get the MOM foot?

I will be the first in line to kick his perfectly toned tail if he does!

SMR
09-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Good job Ben. It's really great to hear him strengthening his relationship with the Lord.

If he means what he says, that is a true inspiration.

43Hitman
09-01-2010, 08:17 PM
If he means what he says, that is a true inspiration.

Indeed it is.