PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Bettis: Ben Roethlisberger finally getting chance to show full skill set

polamalubeast
08-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Jerome Bettis doesn’t have to give compliments this summer. He’s being inducted into the Hall of Fame on Saturday. He’s supposed to receive them.

But Bettis perked up when asked recently about the development of Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, who’s finally being mentioned among today’s quarterback greats after a 4,952-yard season and 103.3 passer rating.

Bettis thinks Roethlisberger has been underappreciated, and here’s why:

“We knew he was special. You could see it,” said Bettis, who played with Roethlisberger from 2004-05 before retiring. “He was limited in terms of his opportunities. It wasn’t even a question mark. When you have players like that, even if numbers don’t say it, you see it. Some of the passes he threw, I was like, 'Whoa.' I’ve been around some quarterbacks, but he’s different -- like, even having the thought to throw to that particular guy. I’m glad now he’s getting the chance to showcase that.”

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/173320/jerome-bettis-ben-roethlisberger-finally-getting-chance-to-show-full-skill-set