PDA

View Full Version : Most important players after Ben,Bell and AB?

polamalubeast
08-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Who is the player that the Steelers can't afford to lose for the 2015 season after Ben, Bell and AB?

Psycho Ward 86
08-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Cam Heyward, easy

zulater
08-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Cam Heyward, easy

Good choice. But I might actually go with Beachum. Not to suggest that Beach is the 4th best Steeler player. But he might be the 4th hardest player for them to replace given their current roster.

st33lersguy
08-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Cam Heyward, the defense cannot afford to lose their best defensive players

TeeTee
08-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Pouncy. He's the leader of the OL and we MUST have that unit playing well or nothing else matters.

hawaiiansteeler
08-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Pouncy. He's the leader of the OL and we MUST have that unit playing well or nothing else matters.

Pouncey makes all the line calls and if he got hurt we would be down to Cody Wallace starting...

86WARD
08-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Pouncey or Beachem. LT is the third most important player on a team. QB, Pass Rusher, LT in that order...then everything else comes after that. For this team though and this question, I go with Pouncey. We've seen the OLIne without him and for the most part, in the past, it's been a disaster. Maybe that's partly due to inexperience, but to be honest, and I'm stating the obvious, I don't want to test the line without Pouncey now...

teegre
08-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Good choice. But I might actually go with Beachum. Not to suggest that Beach is the 4th best Steeler player. But he might be the 4th hardest player for them to replace given their current roster.

Pretty much this. Like you said: Beachum isn't the fourth-best player on the team, but LT is the third hardest position (QB, CB), and the second most critical to an offense's success (QB). If your QB is getting hit from behind, your offense is gonna suck.

Steeldude
08-04-2015, 04:28 AM
IMO, James Harrison. We all saw what happened to the defense when Harrison left and when he came back. With Harrison out the defense seemed weak/timid and had no identity.

Count Steeler
08-04-2015, 05:31 AM
I don't think I would even list Bell and AB after Ben. While Bell and AB are having great careers, if your O Line isn't performing, the offense will tank. While Ben is undoubtedly #1, Pouncey and Beachum should be 2A and 2B. Beachum because of the position, Pouncey because of the anchor factor.

Harrison may be #3, because he brought spirit to the defense and seemed to get everyone pulling in the same direction.