PDA

View Full Version : Steelers rookie CB Senquez Golson, No.2 pick, may have season-ending shoulder surgery

polamalubeast
08-03-2015, 01:39 PM
http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/08/03/Rookie-Golson-May-Have-Season-Ending-Surgery/stories/201508030004

It's frustrating, because every year since 2012,he has a top draft pick on the steelers who has a injury in the training camp/Preseason.

Steelman
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/report-steelers-rookie-cb-senquez-golson-might-need-shoulder-surgery/

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/08/03/Rookie-Golson-May-Have-Season-Ending-Surgery/stories/201508030004

Doesn't sound like a good situation, like many of us feared.

polamalubeast
It's frustrating, because every year since 2012,he has a top draft pick on the steelers who has a injury in the training camp/Preseason.

salamander
08-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Like I said in another thread - it's like clockwork every year. Between the Steelers, Penguins, and even the Pirates to an extent, I'm convinced that the injury bug lives in Pittsburgh.

steel striker
08-03-2015, 02:01 PM
That's not good and, now the signing of Boykin makes sense.

TeeTee
08-03-2015, 02:34 PM
The only good news is a rookie CB wouldn't see the field all that much anyhow. Well, under LeBeau, they wouldn't even be allowed off the bus.

TeeTee
08-03-2015, 02:36 PM
As I said all along: Cuff tear will need surgery and he will be out for the year.

st33lersguy
08-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Are you kidding me?

hawaiiansteeler
08-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Like I said in another thread - it's like clockwork every year. Between the Steelers, Penguins, and even the Pirates to an extent, I'm convinced that the injury bug lives in Pittsburgh.

the injury bug lives in Ratbirdland also:

Ravens safety Matt Elam to have season-ending biceps surgery

Jamison Hensley, ESPN Staff Writer

Baltimore Ravens safety Matt Elam will undergo season-ending surgery after an MRI revealed Monday that he suffered a complete tear of his biceps, a league source said.

This represents another setback for Elam, a 2012 first-round pick who lost his starting job to Will Hill last November. The Ravens removed Elam from the starting lineup after he struggled to make tackles and stay with receivers deep downfield.

Ravens officials publicly challenged Elam this offseason, and he responded with the best offseason of his three-year career. But on Saturday, Elam was injured when attempting to make a tackle.

"Here's a guy that came back with a renewed attitude," coach John Harbaugh said Sunday. "He had a better approach than he had the first two years. He just had grown up a little bit. He was very serious. He was in tremendous shape. And then he gets a fluke injury."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13371535/matt-elam-baltimore-ravens-torn-biceps

Psycho Ward 86
08-03-2015, 04:52 PM
the injury bug lives in Ratbirdland also:

Ravens safety Matt Elam to have season-ending biceps surgery

Jamison Hensley, ESPN Staff Writer

Baltimore Ravens safety Matt Elam will undergo season-ending surgery after an MRI revealed Monday that he suffered a complete tear of his biceps, a league source said.

This represents another setback for Elam, a 2012 first-round pick who lost his starting job to Will Hill last November. The Ravens removed Elam from the starting lineup after he struggled to make tackles and stay with receivers deep downfield.

Ravens officials publicly challenged Elam this offseason, and he responded with the best offseason of his three-year career. But on Saturday, Elam was injured when attempting to make a tackle.

"Here's a guy that came back with a renewed attitude," coach John Harbaugh said Sunday. "He had a better approach than he had the first two years. He just had grown up a little bit. He was very serious. He was in tremendous shape. And then he gets a fluke injury."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13371535/matt-elam-baltimore-ravens-torn-biceps

except we already know elam is horrible and we dont know what we had in golson yet

zulater
08-03-2015, 06:18 PM
It's a setback. What are you going to do? All teams have injuries. Golson isn't a make or brake player for this team. There's about 6 guys that are absolutely can't lose or the season is a bust type players. Ben, AB, LeVeon, Beachum, Heyward, and Timmons all come to mind. If we don't lose any of these guys, throw in DeCastro, Pouncey, Miller and Bryant, and if these guys stay healthy I'm not bitching.

Golson is a minor setback. Hope the kid proves to be a super soph.

bendsteel
08-03-2015, 06:22 PM
It's a setback. What are you going to do? All teams have injuries. Golson isn't a make or brake player for this team. There's about 6 guys that are absolutely can't lose or the season is a bust type players. Ben, AB, LeVeon, Beachum, Heyward, and Timmons all come to mind. If we don't lose any of these guys, throw in DeCastro, Pouncey, Miller and Bryant, and if these guys stay healthy I'm not bitching.

Golson is a minor setback. Hope the kid proves to be a super soph.

This------>x10

86WARD
08-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Don't think there is anyone out there that didn't think this was going to be the result after seeing them trade for Boykins. So if he's out for 2015, it's like we get an extra pick/2nd round player in 2016...

Count Steeler
08-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Don't think there is anyone out there that didn't think this was going to be the result after seeing them trade for Boykins. So if he's out for 2015, it's like we get an extra pick/2nd round player in 2016...

Which is really the 4th round pick we are going to lose for Boykins.

hawaiiansteeler
08-03-2015, 06:37 PM

exactly, let Golson have essentially a redshirt year and learn the defense and get in the weight room and he may be a much better player next season for it...

86WARD
08-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Which is really the 4th round pick we are going to lose for Boykins.

If they can sign and keep Boykins, they will make out in the deal.

hawaiiansteeler
08-03-2015, 08:21 PM
If they can sign and keep Boykins, they will make out in the deal.

if Boykin has a great year and signs a big contract with another team in free agency, wouldn't we then receive a good comp pick for him in return?

86WARD
08-03-2015, 09:02 PM
If that were the case, there would be potential to get a 4th round pick for him which would basically make it a wash...no?

lipps83
08-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Was really hoping to see him play. He has some skills, really wanted to see if it translated well at this level.

hawaiiansteeler
08-03-2015, 11:02 PM
If that were the case, there would be potential to get a 4th round pick for him which would basically make it a wash...no?

I would think that factored into the Steelers' decision making process in pursuing Boykin.

if Boykin has a great year and prices himself out of the Steelers' price range, we should get back at least what it cost us to obtain him if we lose him in free agency.

in that case, we essentially ended up renting Boykin for free this upcoming season...

86WARD
08-04-2015, 04:24 AM
I would think that factored into the Steelers' decision making process in pursuing Boykin.

if Boykin has a great year and prices himself out of the Steelers' price range, we should get back at least what it cost us to obtain him if we lose him in free agency.

in that case, we essentially ended up renting Boykin for free this upcoming season...

Which I would be fine with...